The Thread

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

Thread!

Post by Mynok »

Nuclear grenades....that's the ticket. [:D]
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: Thread!

Post by Mynok »


<TOSS>

Beam me up, Scotty! NOW would be a good time......Helloooooo?
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16757
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: This will hurt u more than it will me

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: Big B
ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

Check it out:

http://www.south-pacific-island-for-sale.com/

Don't forget to go to the next page.....

So THAT'S why the Japs wanted to invade!

Image

They forgot to mention that the malaria was free too.
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
wyrmmy
Posts: 213
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:35 am

RE: This will hurt u more than it will me

Post by wyrmmy »

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

Then there's another little detail they talk about:

[font=helvetica]Other points of note: There's a difference between owning an island and having sovereignty. Sovereignty is a mixed blessing, as various things have to be budgeted for, such as defence for example! In the case of not having sovereignty, it's a matter of making sure the laws of the country which has the sovereignty aren't too bad. For example, the tax haven status. However I have heard that there exist islands which can be got, including the sovereignty, but the defence issue is covered by a neighbouring state provided they have use of the air-space over the island's territory[/font]

How about I take sovereignty also, and then apply for a mutual defence pact with the US? I want 4 JSF, I'll take those Kidd's off your hand, and the Imperial guard would look good in some M-1's. [:'(]
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: This will hurt u more than it will me

Post by Mynok »


Defense against what? [&:] Land sharks?
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: This will hurt u more than it will me

Post by Mynok »


Plus, you can't really own the land. It's just a "permanent lease".

I know I'm strange, but the tropics just don't appeal to me. I like cool weather.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
wyrmmy
Posts: 213
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:35 am

RE: This will hurt u more than it will me

Post by wyrmmy »

Best to lease when it will be 5' below sea level when your lease runs out. [:D]
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

RE: This will hurt u more than it will me

Post by Nikademus »

ORIGINAL: Mynok


Defense against what? [&:] Land sharks?

commies.....ther're everywhere!
User avatar
scott64
Posts: 4019
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:34 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

RE: This will hurt u more than it will me

Post by scott64 »

ORIGINAL: Mynok


Plus, you can't really own the land. It's just a "permanent lease".

I know I'm strange, but the tropics just don't appeal to me. I like cool weather.

Don't you mean frigid weather? [:'(]
Lucky for you, tonight it's just me


Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16757
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: This will hurt u more than it will me

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: Mynok


Defense against what? [&:] Land sharks?

Maybe they expect Japan to attempt another invasion.
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
VSWG
Posts: 3217
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Germany

RE: This will hurt u more than it will me

Post by VSWG »

ORIGINAL: Big B

Image

Is that a level 1 airfield? In that case I'm not interested, I want to fly offensive missions from my island.
Image
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

RE: This will hurt u more than it will me

Post by Nikademus »

it looks like a (1)1 island to me.

which means of course you can overbuild it to level 4 and stack two hundred planes on it.

oh wait.....thats 1942.

today i'd say that equates to two squadrons of retired F-14's. [:D]
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

Well....no

Post by Mynok »


More like a baby Cessna and a couple ultralights. I'll bet you have to tote your own excrement off the island for environmental reasons.

Oh...one man's frigid is another's cool. [;)]
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
scott64
Posts: 4019
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:34 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

RE: Well....no

Post by scott64 »

Big Red One was watched today, now watching the Battle of The Atlantic on the Military Channel.&nbsp;[:)]
Lucky for you, tonight it's just me


Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: This will hurt u more than it will me

Post by niceguy2005 »

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

ORIGINAL: Mynok


Time to switch to becoming an RN. [:D]

You arn't the first to suggest it. Its the only medical field in high demand right now locally....but i don't think i'd like it. They don't have high turnover for nothing.

sometimes i think about it though.......at least you can stick needles into people.......hoo!
I good friend of mine was a nurse, she quit nursing to work for a medical software company and now has a fantastic marketing job...big $. Her husband quit his job in finance, went back to school, is planning on being a nurse for 3 years before quitting to go work for a similar company. People with nursing experience are in big demand right now for all kinds of jobs. WHen I was getting my MBA I tried getting a job with my friends firm, but they wouldn't even talk to me because I didn't have a few years "clinical experience."
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: This will hurt u more than it will me

Post by niceguy2005 »

ORIGINAL: Mynok


Plus, you can't really own the land. It's just a "permanent lease".

I know I'm strange, but the tropics just don't appeal to me. I like cool weather.

Which is why u live in NC? [&:]
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: This will hurt u more than it will me

Post by niceguy2005 »

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

it looks like a (1)1 island to me.

which means of course you can overbuild it to level 4 and stack two hundred planes on it.

oh wait.....thats 1942.

today i'd say that equates to two squadrons of retired F-14's. [:D]
There's only one plane you'll need for an island like that.

Image
Attachments
harrier.jpg
harrier.jpg (78.32 KiB) Viewed 183 times
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

RE: This will hurt u more than it will me

Post by Nikademus »

ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

I good friend of mine was a nurse, she quit nursing to work for a medical software company and now has a fantastic marketing job...big $. Her husband quit his job in finance, went back to school, is planning on being a nurse for 3 years before quitting to go work for a similar company. People with nursing experience are in big demand right now for all kinds of jobs. WHen I was getting my MBA I tried getting a job with my friends firm, but they wouldn't even talk to me because I didn't have a few years "clinical experience."

Hmm......maybe if i had Terminus to practice on to stick needles into, i'd be able to get into the program....
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: This will hurt u more than it will me

Post by BrucePowers »

Another long day at work tithe
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: This will hurt u more than it will me

Post by BrucePowers »

Sorry to here about the school problems Nik.
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”