Screenshots
Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul
- 06 Maestro
- Posts: 3997
- Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:50 pm
- Location: Nevada, USA
RE: Screenshots
Now that's progress-code and colors. The map looks great-elevations do blend somewhat, but it sure looks nice.
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.
Thomas Jefferson
Thomas Jefferson
Latest Screenshots
Here are some screenshots for the BFTB graphics, in their latest iteration. All textures are work in progress an are subject to change.
I will be adding a mud and snow set as soon as this base set is approved.
Enjoy!
Bil
64m:

32m:

16m:

8m:

4m:

2m:

I will be adding a mud and snow set as soon as this base set is approved.
Enjoy!
Bil
64m:

32m:

16m:

8m:

4m:

2m:

Ah, well, since you do not wish death, then how about a rubber chicken?
Sam the Eagle
My Combat Mission Blog:
https://battledrill.blogspot.com/
Sam the Eagle
My Combat Mission Blog:
https://battledrill.blogspot.com/
RE: Latest Screenshots
Looking at those images it appears that they look very brown. This mainly is to do with the elevation, that map is primarily made up of higher elevations. Real low elevations, like those along a river will have a greener look to them, like this image:


Ah, well, since you do not wish death, then how about a rubber chicken?
Sam the Eagle
My Combat Mission Blog:
https://battledrill.blogspot.com/
Sam the Eagle
My Combat Mission Blog:
https://battledrill.blogspot.com/
RE: Latest Screenshots
I'm suprised no one has commented on the lines of 'dragons teeth' that show sup on these screenies. I had to scrounge pretty hard to come up with those locations (from the actual german construction records). It was like, well... pulling teeth [:D]to get it right.
simovitch
RE: Latest Screenshots
Richard,
That is so lame mate! [8|] ...but then again I don't want to be a fire-breather either. [;)]
That is so lame mate! [8|] ...but then again I don't want to be a fire-breather either. [;)]
- Deathtreader
- Posts: 1058
- Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:49 am
- Location: Vancouver, Canada.
RE: Latest Screenshots
Hi,
Lookin good... and the contours are more visible.
Thanks for the shots. [:)]
Rob.
Lookin good... and the contours are more visible.
Thanks for the shots. [:)]
Rob.
So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)
- Fallschirmjager
- Posts: 3555
- Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:46 am
- Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
RE: Latest Screenshots
This is good stuff!
And the very best engine in wargamming today.
Not only does it provide extremly plausable results its also incredibly easy to use and makes even huge battles easy.
I was playing HTTR (still my favourite) and in 7 hours of in game time I was counting and only made 17 mouse clicks to send orders.
Most of the time was sitting watching and burning lots of mental fuel with planning.
Simply an amazing engine that can turn a divisional sized battle into something very managable.
Keep it up guys!
And my mind is already overflowing with possibilities of very this engine could go next!
I would really like to see Stalingrad or the final battle for Berlin [8D]
And the new maps look excellent.
Only thing that is a little odd has been mentioned and that is no snow.
It looks like high summer in all these shots which looks more like the Steppes of Russia rather than frozen Belgium.
But as has been said, that will change
And the very best engine in wargamming today.
Not only does it provide extremly plausable results its also incredibly easy to use and makes even huge battles easy.
I was playing HTTR (still my favourite) and in 7 hours of in game time I was counting and only made 17 mouse clicks to send orders.
Most of the time was sitting watching and burning lots of mental fuel with planning.
Simply an amazing engine that can turn a divisional sized battle into something very managable.
Keep it up guys!
And my mind is already overflowing with possibilities of very this engine could go next!
I would really like to see Stalingrad or the final battle for Berlin [8D]
And the new maps look excellent.
Only thing that is a little odd has been mentioned and that is no snow.
It looks like high summer in all these shots which looks more like the Steppes of Russia rather than frozen Belgium.
But as has been said, that will change
RE: Latest Screenshots
We're still waiting on Bil to finish off the snow set of map patterns.
RE: Latest Screenshots
Hmm It's Mützenich.... Jülich, etc.. You gonna incorporate "ä" , "ü", "ö" ? [;)]
"Aw Nuts"
General Anthony McAuliffe
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne
---
"I've always felt that the AA (Alied Assault engine) had the potential to be [....] big."
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006
General Anthony McAuliffe
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne
---
"I've always felt that the AA (Alied Assault engine) had the potential to be [....] big."
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006
RE: Latest Screenshots
Goodguy,
Our resident umlaut and accent team has already made the edits. (Höfen is another one I missed before [:D])
Our resident umlaut and accent team has already made the edits. (Höfen is another one I missed before [:D])
simovitch
RE: Latest Screenshots
AHAHAHA Good one, that made my day, man [:D] !![8D]ORIGINAL: simovitch
Our resident umlaut and accent team...[]
"Aw Nuts"
General Anthony McAuliffe
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne
---
"I've always felt that the AA (Alied Assault engine) had the potential to be [....] big."
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006
General Anthony McAuliffe
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne
---
"I've always felt that the AA (Alied Assault engine) had the potential to be [....] big."
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006
RE: Latest Screenshots
Is the Estab graphics been completed sufficient for a screen shot of what the vehicle silhouette looks like?
As I understood a past post, the Equipment tab will have a small window at the bottom of the side menu for a graphic to pop up with weapons info and a pic. (... not the tiny little "icon" that's in the list of equipment ... from what I understood it would be a somewhat larger pic so you can differentiate between a Sherman and a Stuart for example)
As I understood a past post, the Equipment tab will have a small window at the bottom of the side menu for a graphic to pop up with weapons info and a pic. (... not the tiny little "icon" that's in the list of equipment ... from what I understood it would be a somewhat larger pic so you can differentiate between a Sherman and a Stuart for example)
RE: Latest Screenshots
Hank,
The estab graphics, which we have been updating, will be an actual wartime photo of the particular piece of equipment or vehicle, similar to what you see now when you double click an equipment or vehicle estab in the Scenario Maker.
I've actually been updating and improving these for the BFTB estabs over the past week or so. Some of the old pics had messed up aspect ratios that made the vehicle look stretched out, and most had no picture at all.
The estab graphics, which we have been updating, will be an actual wartime photo of the particular piece of equipment or vehicle, similar to what you see now when you double click an equipment or vehicle estab in the Scenario Maker.
I've actually been updating and improving these for the BFTB estabs over the past week or so. Some of the old pics had messed up aspect ratios that made the vehicle look stretched out, and most had no picture at all.
simovitch
RE: Latest Screenshots
thanks, that gives me a good idea of what to expect.
I don't have CotA so I don't thing I can check the pics out you describe. But I still play HttR quite often but never tried to build a scenario. Too busy having fun playing.
I don't have CotA so I don't thing I can check the pics out you describe. But I still play HttR quite often but never tried to build a scenario. Too busy having fun playing.
RE: Screenshots
Re screenshots: No snow on the ground? Don't tell me I have to do a special download; I thought that all the maps would be different and not all based on the same basic bitmap like HttR.
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]
[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
[/center][center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
RE: Screenshots
Joe D.ORIGINAL: Arjuna
We're still waiting on Bil to finish off the snow set of map patterns.
The plan is to have the patterns change in-game with normal, snow and muddy ground conditions.
simovitch
RE: Screenshots
Sounds great, and sorry I missed Arjuna's reply in all the posts.
I have been waiting for this game for years because my father was in the Bulge. He's not in the best of health, and I was concerned that he might not make it to at least see your maps. To this day, he never knew exactly where in Belgium he and his anti-tank crew were.
Unfortunately, one of his regiment's soldiers recently died. Although he wasn't a gamer, he was an on-demand digital author who wrote re TD's and his experience in "The Bulge," so he was computer literate enough to appreciate your work.
I have been waiting for this game for years because my father was in the Bulge. He's not in the best of health, and I was concerned that he might not make it to at least see your maps. To this day, he never knew exactly where in Belgium he and his anti-tank crew were.
Unfortunately, one of his regiment's soldiers recently died. Although he wasn't a gamer, he was an on-demand digital author who wrote re TD's and his experience in "The Bulge," so he was computer literate enough to appreciate your work.
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]
[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
[/center][center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
RE: Screenshots
In which unit did your father serve?
Pieter
Pieter
RE: Screenshots
Co A, 2nd plt, 643rd TD Bn. Unlike the Decisive Battles Ardennes sim, TDs were atttached piece meal as AT assets. My father's TD -- which was towed French 75 artillery, but after the Bulge, self-propelled "Hellcats" -- was attached to Patton's 3rd Army. As far as his 83 year-old mind can remember, they left for Bastogne, but never got farther than somewhere in Belgium.
His deceased friend was a route marker, who went ahead of the armed column to indicate the route. He made it to Bastogne, but was trapped along w/the Airborne.
His deceased friend was a route marker, who went ahead of the armed column to indicate the route. He made it to Bastogne, but was trapped along w/the Airborne.
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]
[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
[/center][center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
RE: Screenshots
A had a quick look- and the 643rd TD Bn features in at least two scenarios from the BFTB list (which of course isn't final): "Greyhound Dash", covering the advance of the 116. Pz Div, and "Spearhead v. Reich" covering Parker's Crossroads.
Pieter
Pieter


