OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by Nikademus »

all this talk is making me thirsty.

Is it Friday yet?
User avatar
denisonh
Posts: 2083
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Upstate SC

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by denisonh »

The real question is is 5pm yet?
ORIGINAL: Nikademus

all this talk is making me thirsty.

Is it Friday yet?
"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC
Wolfie1
Posts: 360
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:45 pm
Location: Blackpool, England

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by Wolfie1 »

ORIGINAL: denisonh

The real question is is 5pm yet?
ORIGINAL: Nikademus

all this talk is making me thirsty.

Is it Friday yet?

It was here 5 hours ago, and the Wadsworth 6X (a bitter) has been going down nicely[;)]
Image


Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.....
User avatar
denisonh
Posts: 2083
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Upstate SC

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by denisonh »

Must be nice, it is 5pm and I am still at work.
ORIGINAL: Wolfie1
ORIGINAL: denisonh

The real question is is 5pm yet?
ORIGINAL: Nikademus

all this talk is making me thirsty.

Is it Friday yet?

It was here 5 hours ago, and the Wadsworth 6X (a bitter) has been going down nicely[;)]
"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC
User avatar
JudgeDredd
Posts: 8362
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:28 pm
Location: Scotland

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by JudgeDredd »

Stella Artois
Alba gu' brath
User avatar
wdolson
Posts: 7690
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:56 pm
Location: Near Portland, OR

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by wdolson »

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen
For alternatives, the Australians do an excellent job with Syrah. Not up to the best of the French but, for the price, very very good. Especially the 100% syrahs, that have the forwardness and bigness of a decent North Rhone. At about $6-$7 US a bottle, I'd recommend Yellow Tail Syrah. Comes in double bottles too but you'll need either a brace of thirsty friends or a nitrogen displacement system.

Little trick my sister learned when she was working as a chemist at Lowrey's foods many years ago, if you want to keep an open bottle of wine, put a small pinch of baking soda in the bottle before putting the cork back in. It won't change the taste, but the baking soda will form a layer of CO2 right over the surfce of the wine and preserve it. We've used it for years and it works great.

Bill
WIS Development Team
Big B
Posts: 4642
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:41 pm
Location: Cali
Contact:

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by Big B »

I like Clos du Bois merlot, or a decent French Medoc or Bordeaux.

And after the last 36 hours of near disiaster here at work - I'm going to grab a bottle on the way home.

But never before 9am... I do have my priniples
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by pasternakski »

ORIGINAL: Big B
I do have my priniples
Yep, I got my priniples, too...


Image
Attachments
idrinkalone.jpg
idrinkalone.jpg (35.17 KiB) Viewed 269 times
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
User avatar
captskillet
Posts: 2493
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:21 pm
Location: Louisiana & the 2007 Nat Champ LSU Fightin' Tigers

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by captskillet »

Nik if the ATF wouldn't track me down I'd send you a jug o'corn squezzins.......'Cock or 'Turkey is childs play compared to this stuff [;)] and its only $25 for a gallon milk jug (at least it was 2 yrs ago when I got my ex Bro-in-law to procure me some).
"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

Image
User avatar
wdolson
Posts: 7690
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:56 pm
Location: Near Portland, OR

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by wdolson »

ORIGINAL: captskillet

Nik if the ATF wouldn't track me down I'd send you a jug o'corn squezzins.......'Cock or 'Turkey is childs play compared to this stuff [;)] and its only $25 for a gallon milk jug (at least it was 2 yrs ago when I got my ex Bro-in-law to procure me some).

I have a friend who grew up in rural Alabama. Back in the early 60s as a teenager, his job was, in his words, "transporting unlicesed alcoholic beverages". He had a tank for moonshine in place of his backseat with the ability to dump it in an emergancy, which he had to do from time to time. His uncle was the local distiller.

After his parents found out about his after school job, suddenly a judge who he was sure was on his uncle's payroll convinced him that the military might be a better place for him.

Bill
WIS Development Team
User avatar
sol_invictus
Posts: 1962
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Kentucky

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by sol_invictus »

Paulaner lager or Bitburger; love the German bier.
I live in the heart of Bourbon Country, but can't stand the smell of it ever since I drank 3/4 of a pint of J. W. Dant rot gut straight when I was fifteen. I have always liked Vodka, screwdriver type or White Russian. I only like German Piesporter Michelsburg in the wine department.
"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero
User avatar
captskillet
Posts: 2493
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:21 pm
Location: Louisiana & the 2007 Nat Champ LSU Fightin' Tigers

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by captskillet »

Know what this is I guess then!!!! [:D][;)]

Image
Attachments
BusterandhisStill.jpg
BusterandhisStill.jpg (439.32 KiB) Viewed 270 times
"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

Image
User avatar
captskillet
Posts: 2493
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:21 pm
Location: Louisiana & the 2007 Nat Champ LSU Fightin' Tigers

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by captskillet »

This is a shot of my grandpa (kneeling in front) busting the still when he was a Harrison Co. (Texas) Sheriffs Dep sometime in the early 50's.

Image
Attachments
Papaandt..l_edited.jpg
Papaandt..l_edited.jpg (258.19 KiB) Viewed 269 times
"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

Image
mikul82
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:02 pm

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by mikul82 »

Plain, strong, black coffee for me.  I'd considering joining a religion based around Coffee...
User avatar
Neilster
Posts: 3010
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:52 pm
Location: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by Neilster »

My own beer made from a Cascade Golden Harvest kit.

I'm partial to vodka too. And lots of other spirits. And wine... [:D]

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
User avatar
Zap
Posts: 3631
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:13 am
Location: LAS VEGAS TAKE A CHANCE

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by Zap »

I like an Ice cold AW Root Beer.

Don't have beverages with alcohol my taste buds say no good.
User avatar
shunwick
Posts: 2514
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:20 pm

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by shunwick »

Greene King IPA.

Best wishes,
I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...
Ursa MAior
Posts: 1414
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:10 am
Location: Hungary, EU

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by Ursa MAior »

Barbar

A beer made with honey. No hangups!
Image
Art by the amazing Dixie
mikul82
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:02 pm

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by mikul82 »

I'm a big fan of Guinness also :)
User avatar
Marc von Martial
Posts: 5292
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Bonn, Germany
Contact:

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by Marc von Martial »

ORIGINAL: Arinvald

Paulaner lager or Bitburger; love the German bier.
I live in the heart of Bourbon Country, but can't stand the smell of it ever since I drank 3/4 of a pint of J. W. Dant rot gut straight when I was fifteen. I have always liked Vodka, screwdriver type or White Russian. I only like German Piesporter Michelsburg in the wine department.

If you love german beer you should stop drinking Paulaner and Bitburger [;)]
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”