For Glory

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
sprior
Posts: 8298
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:38 pm
Location: Portsmouth, UK

RE: For Glory

Post by sprior »

Glory sucks. We were just glad to get back home after each patrol.
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Image
User avatar
DeriKuk
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:44 am
Location: Alberta
Contact:

RE: For Glory

Post by DeriKuk »

War is the health of the state.

It was written in 1918, shortly before the author's death . . . to the Spanish influenza.

I'll add nothing.
User avatar
Anthropoid
Posts: 3107
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:01 am
Location: Secret Underground Lair

RE: For Glory

Post by Anthropoid »

ORIGINAL: hjalmar99

War is the health of the state.

It was written in 1918, shortly before the author's death . . . to the Spanish influenza.

I'll add nothing.

Wow. I have read a lot (too much) cultural anthropology about nations and states and such, and that is one of the best analyses of social forces I've ever read! Thanks for the link!
The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ ... playnext=3
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: For Glory

Post by fabertong »

Hi Guys........I share the feelings of most posters here that we should.....if we can......avoid political statements here.......as this is a forum about gaming.....and as most of the Mods.....are busy making the game We love better....can we self mod. a bit here.....and stick to gaming matters......................ie. the new map is indeed a thing of beauty...etc....and then we can all enjoy the forums.
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: For Glory

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Agree with my feathered brother. This thread is getting a bit wobbly.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
WITPPL
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:10 pm

RE: For Glory

Post by WITPPL »

I am sorry,

I cannot believe my eyes... GLORY?

How can we, educated ones call misery and suffering not to mention rapes (physical and cultural), destruction (physical, commerce and cultural), starvation and last but not least killing a GLORY at all?

I tell You this: You are frakking nuts!

"Good/justice wars vs Bad Wars" Yes, there is a lesser evil but evil is always evil. Period.
Do not call it Glory boys. Theres no glory in war. Wars are necessary sometimes but wars are always ugliest beasts of all.
Justice or not, does not matter.
[:-]

Image
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: For Glory

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: P.Hausser

 
One of the officials who meet Mr Omar Torrijos (President of Panama) presented (in his book from 2004) quite a different story of what he said to Panama's president then the one I can read in your text above. In his book (the one i talk about above) he describes the threats and demands he was tasked with presenting for Mr Omar Torrijos. They had according to that official nothing to do with the pretexts human rights and democracy.. they were all and every one of them related to financial agreements. He is the one who presented the demands to Panama, so he should know..








When it comes to execute power, assassinations and controll.. using or abusing power to gain massive financial advantages :



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Guatemala
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Nicaragua
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Honduras
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Haiti
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_the_Dominican_Republic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Cuba
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Argentina
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Bolivia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Brazil
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_the_United_States
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Chile
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Colombia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Peru
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Venezuela
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_South_Africa
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Democratic_Republic_of_the_Congo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Malawi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Angola
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Germany
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Ghana
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Eritrea
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Ethiopia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Kenya
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Somalia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Greece
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Belgium
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_France
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Chad
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Hungary
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Nigeria
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_China
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_South_Korea
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Italy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_the_Philippines
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Cambodia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Indonesia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Laos
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Thailand
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_the_Netherlands
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Vietnam
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_the_United_Kingdom
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Burma
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Albania
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Uzbekistan







Ok, you can find many more.


I think one can impose control on someone else, force thought economic solutions or in other ways dominate others without having to use military force.





You mentioned that the borders had remained the same, I agree. But the financial borders have not remained the same.


Wars of tomorrow will be fought with money, not with arms. 


First, please forgive me, if what I'm about to say is already addressed after this post was made, but I can't take the time to read the rest of the thread yet without asking, "Are you serious???" [8|]

You're going to quote wikipedia, where my 11 year old son can post whatever he feels, and expect us to take your point seriously? That's really weak.
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
WITPPL
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:10 pm

RE: For Glory

Post by WITPPL »

Gentlemen!
Behave please.

It is not neccesary here.
Image
User avatar
P.Hausser
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:24 am

RE: For Glory

Post by P.Hausser »

ORIGINAL: USS America


You're going to quote wikipedia, where my 11 year old son can post whatever he feels, and expect us to take your point seriously? That's really weak.



I am sorry, I expected what I mentioned to be common knowledge also were you live.
I quoted wikipedia mostly due to curtisy, my actual intention was for you to look up the sources provided by Wikipedia yourself if you wanted to.

There will always be people who likes to study modern history and world events and there will be those who watch the news and only get the short and official story.

This thread is about glory in war, my wives are unchanged - there are no glory in war.
I don't Evan think this thread ever should have been at this forum, this forum has nothing whatsoever to do with war and the suffering caused by it!
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: For Glory

Post by Mynok »


War is hell. Period.

I give honor to veterans not because they prosecuted war, but because they were willing to go through hell so I might not have to.
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”