Mr Frag versus Mogami

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: New War

Post by Mr.Frag »

Wow it only took me 2.5 hours to do turn 1.

Thats choice!

You have just given true meaning to the differences between Japan and the Allies when the game starts out!

2.5 hours to give orders to all Allied assets. 24 hours to give orders to all Japanese assets.

Does anyone still have any delusions of being able to hold back the storm? [8|]

Saw you trying to sneak a cruiser out of Singapore. Thanks, my Nell pilots are in the bar drinking saki and celebrating their first capital ship kill. [:'(]

CL Mauritius, Torpedo hits 3, on fire, heavy damage
DD Stronghold, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
User avatar
jhdeerslayer
Posts: 1224
Joined: Sat May 25, 2002 3:24 pm
Location: Michigan

RE: New War

Post by jhdeerslayer »

Are you serious about 24 hours?[X(]
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: New War

Post by Mr.Frag »

Are you serious about 24 hours?

Yes and no ... If you play the unhistoric opening where you are trying to work out every single thing in detail to have the perfect opening, there is a heck of a lot of work. I'll give you a basic rundown of my way:

Step #1 (clean slate)

Click on each air group and ground it (cancel missions).
Click on each ground unit and set replacements as required.
Cycle to next base ... repeat through each and every base japan controls until back at Osaka.
Now, look at each ground unit that is not at a base and set replacements as required.
Cycle through each TF that exists and ground their air units and remove existing orders for TF's.

Now you have a clean slate to work with.

Step #2 (China)

China starts with some bases seriously over the required garrison force and some bases seriously under. This must be fixed ASAP as bases below minimum will have damage done to their facilities. Break forces up and shuffle as required to correct this situation. Send the balance towards front line bases. (as this is all overland movement, it all takes time)

Step #3 (Russia)

Russia starts with troops scattered all over the place. To maintain Russia non-activation, one only needs to keep a certain level of assault points in the area (not in specific locations like China). Shuffle units into bases so they grow strong and healthy and train for the next couple of years. Send the balance west into China because you will have no use for them in Russia to free up other China garrison forces for action against Allied China. (as this is all overland movement, it all takes time)

Step #4 (Burma)

Plan your occupation of Mandalay and Rangoon. Shuffle troops and base units (air support) and aircraft as required to free up units for this task. This is a fair chunk of work by itself.

Step #5 (Japan)

Adjust troops and aircraft to make effective use of your limits of support and air support.

Step #6 (PH)

Sort out your east attacks. Set up your aircraft and shipping and cross your fingers here. I include attacks that hit Wake/Guam in this catagory.

Step #7 (PI)

Adjust and build your attacks for dealing with the yanks here. (lot of work)

Step #8 (Singapore)

Adjust and build your attacks for dealing with the rabbits err Brits (fair bit of work)

Step #9 (SRA)

Adjust and build your attacks for the rest of the SRA areas with eyes always towards the places that you must take (size 4 airfields) and avoid (size 4 airfields). Plan your resource grab well, it will make or break the bank.

Step #10 (Oz/USA path)

Plan out exactly where you will sever this link and build your capture plans as required and shuffle aircraft as required. Plan carefully here as it is a long way home, supplies take quite a while to flow this far out.

Step #11 (subs)

Shift your subs to where you feel they will have good effect but also be survivable long term. You have years to make them last.

Step #12 (supplies)

People are starving, troops are burning up supplies, aircraft are burning up supplies. Get to it!

Step #13 (everything else)

Shuffle remaining shipping into useful positions while keeping in mind that there are already subs hunting for you!

Step #14 (Industry)

Welcome to the nightmare. Be very careful. Changes here are long term.


Step #15 (aircraft)

Now that you have a good idea of what is left, you can check what air groups you want to upgrade, but really, I tend to hold off until a bit later because you need to see how the turn rolled out to be able to prioritize who gets what.


Step #16(check)

Double check you didn't miss anything.
User avatar
mogami
Posts: 11053
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: You can't get here from there

RE: New War

Post by mogami »

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/08/41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 20 troops unloading over beach at Guam, 62,66


Japanese ground losses:
30 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coastal Guns at Khota Bharu, 24,45, firing at TF 85
TF 85 troops unloading over beach at Khota Bharu, 24,45


4028 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese Ships
PC Ch 7
PC Shimushu
PG Tatsumiya Maru

Japanese ground losses:
675 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 87 troops unloading over beach at Aparri, 46,49


Japanese ground losses:
161 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 88 troops unloading over beach at Vigan, 44,49


Japanese ground losses:
259 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASW attack at 42,52

Japanese Ships
SS I-124, hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Allied Ships
MSW Whippoorwill
MSW Lark
MSW Quail
MSW Tanager
MSW Bittern
MSW Finch
AVD Childs
PG Asheville
PG Isabel
DD Pope
DD Pillsbury
DD Peary
DD John D. Ford

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub attack at 82,62

Japanese Ships
AP Kinryu Maru, Shell hits 2, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS Tambor

Japanese ground losses:
34 casualties reported
Guns lost 3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 20 troops unloading over beach at Guam, 62,66


Japanese ground losses:
12 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coastal Guns at Khota Bharu, 24,45, firing at TF 85
TF 85 troops unloading over beach at Khota Bharu, 24,45


3305 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese Ships
PG Tatsumiya Maru

Japanese ground losses:
44 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 87 troops unloading over beach at Aparri, 46,49


Japanese ground losses:
181 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 88 troops unloading over beach at Vigan, 44,49


Japanese ground losses:
298 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Vildebeest IV x 2


Allied aircraft losses
Vildebeest IV: 2 destroyed

Japanese Ships
CA Takao

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x Vildebeest IV launching torpedoes at 200 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 8
Hudson I x 15


Allied aircraft losses
Blenheim I: 1 damaged
Hudson I: 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
BB Kongo
CL Jintsu
BB Haruna
CA Takao

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Hudson I bombing at 6000 feet
1 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
1 x Blenheim I bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Blenheim I bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
4 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
4 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
4 x Blenheim I bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Blenheim IV x 3


Allied aircraft losses
Blenheim IV: 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
BB Kongo

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Blenheim IV bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 3


no losses

Japanese Ships
AP Asama Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Blenheim I bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 46,56

Japanese aircraft
B5N Kate x 18

no losses

Allied Ships
AK Sarangami
TK Manatawny, Bomb hits 1, on fire
AK Escalante R, Bomb hits 5, on fire, heavy damage
AK Taurus, Bomb hits 3, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x B5N Kate bombing at 5000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 5000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 5000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 5000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Vildebeest IV x 9
Blenheim I x 11


Allied aircraft losses
Vildebeest IV: 2 destroyed, 4 damaged
Blenheim I: 4 damaged

Japanese Ships
BB Kongo
BB Haruna

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x Vildebeest IV launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x Blenheim I bombing at 5000 feet
2 x Vildebeest IV launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x Blenheim I bombing at 5000 feet
4 x Vildebeest IV launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x Blenheim I bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 6
Hudson I x 13


Allied aircraft losses
Blenheim I: 1 damaged
Hudson I: 4 destroyed, 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
CA Atago
BB Kongo
BB Haruna, Bomb hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Hudson I bombing at 6000 feet
3 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Blenheim I bombing at 5000 feet
2 x Hudson I bombing at 6000 feet
3 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Blenheim I bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Blenheim IV x 5


Allied aircraft losses
Blenheim IV: 2 destroyed, 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
CA Takao
BB Kongo

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x Blenheim IV bombing at 5000 feet
2 x Blenheim IV bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 109,70

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 62
D3A Val x 98
B5N Kate x 89

no losses

Allied Ships
DMS Hopkins, Bomb hits 8, on fire, heavy damage
DMS Elliot, Bomb hits 9, on fire, heavy damage
DMS Dorsey, Bomb hits 14, on fire, heavy damage
DMS Long, Bomb hits 7, on fire, heavy damage
DMS Southard, Bomb hits 11, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
2 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
2 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
1 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
2 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
2 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
4 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
4 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
4 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
4 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
4 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
4 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
4 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
4 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
4 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
4 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
4 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
4 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
4 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
4 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
4 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
4 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
4 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
4 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
4 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
4 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
4 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
4 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 106,72

Japanese aircraft
D3A Val x 8
B5N Kate x 43

no losses

Allied Ships
MSW Robin, Torpedo hits 3, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x B5N Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
3 x B5N Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x B5N Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x B5N Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x B5N Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x B5N Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x B5N Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
4 x B5N Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x B5N Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x B5N Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x B5N Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 22,46

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 13

Japanese aircraft losses
G3M Nell: 2 destroyed, 11 damaged

Allied Ships
CL Mauritius, Torpedo hits 3, on fire, heavy damage
DD Stronghold, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 46,56

Japanese aircraft
B5N Kate x 17

no losses

Allied Ships
AK Elcano, Bomb hits 1, on fire
AK Governor Wright, Bomb hits 1, on fire
AK Si Kiang, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
AK Sarangami, Bomb hits 3, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x B5N Kate bombing at 5000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 5000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 5000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 5000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 5000 feet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Guam

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 7052 troops, 82 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 0 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 152 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Guam base !!!



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Hong Kong

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 22548 troops, 253 guns, 17 vehicles

Defending force 13241 troops, 122 guns, 4 vehicles



Allied ground losses:
46 casualties reported
Guns lost 4


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Vigan

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 9472 troops, 169 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 562 troops, 3 guns, 1 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 155 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Vigan base !!!



Allied ground losses:
70 casualties reported
Guns lost 1
Vehicles lost 1


Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Khota Bharu

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 4749 troops, 39 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 19243 troops, 255 guns, 15 vehicles


Japanese ground losses:
5 casualties reported
Guns lost 1


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Aparri

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 9918 troops, 165 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 210 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 82 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Aparri base !!!



Defeated Allied Units Retreating!
Image




I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
User avatar
jhdeerslayer
Posts: 1224
Joined: Sat May 25, 2002 3:24 pm
Location: Michigan

RE: New War

Post by jhdeerslayer »

Wow! Thanks for the detail Mr. Frag. All the pre-game details you guys provide is much appreciated though since it makes me anxious for the game I am not sure if I should thank you or not!
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: New War

Post by Mr.Frag »

Btw: I missed a step! As Mogami is going to rejoice! [:(]

Step in the middle: (ASW!!!)

Set up your ASW patrols in areas you need to catch the shore jumpers that are likely to accumulate!
User avatar
Cmdrcain
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Rebuilding FLA, Busy Repairing!
Contact:

RE: SRA

Post by Cmdrcain »

Mannnn Testers have the fun, can't wait till game gets released...
[8D]
Noise? What Noise? It's sooooo quiet and Peaceful!
Image
Battlestar Pegasus
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: New War

Post by Mr.Frag »

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/09/41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub attack at 36,61

Japanese Ships
SS I-123

Allied Ships
CA Houston, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub attack at 22,43

Japanese Ships
SS I-121

Allied Ships
DD Isis
DD Encounter
DD Jupiter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Alor Star , at 24,44

Japanese aircraft
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 24
Ki-21 Sally x 22
Ki-46-II Dinah x 1
Ki-15 Babs x 3

no losses

Aircraft Attacking:
19 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 15000 feet
3 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Kuantan , at 24,47

Japanese aircraft
Ki-21 Sally x 57
Ki-46-II Dinah x 4
Ki-15 Babs x 5

Allied aircraft

no losses

Allied aircraft losses
Blenheim I: 1 destroyed

Airbase hits 1
Runway hits 2

Aircraft Attacking:
15 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 15000 feet
24 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 15000 feet
12 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 15000 feet
3 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 15000 feet
3 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Saigon at 31,46


Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 5


no losses

Japanese Ships
DD Sagiri
CA Chokai

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
4 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Vildebeest IV x 7
Blenheim I x 3


Allied aircraft losses
Vildebeest IV: 2 destroyed, 4 damaged
Blenheim I: 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
BB Haruna
BB Kongo

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Vildebeest IV launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x Blenheim I bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Vildebeest IV launching torpedoes at 200 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 2
Hudson I x 5


Allied aircraft losses
Hudson I: 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
BB Kongo
BB Haruna

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Hudson I bombing at 6000 feet
2 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
2 x Blenheim I bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 3


Allied aircraft losses
Blenheim I: 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
CA Mogami (I had to laugh at Mogami bombing Mogami!)

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Blenheim I bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 3


no losses

Japanese Ships
PC Shimushu

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Hudson I bombing at 6000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 46,58

Japanese aircraft
A5M4 Claude x 9
B5N Kate x 18

no losses

Allied Ships
TK Manatawny
AK Taurus, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
AK Escalante R, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x B5N Kate bombing at 5000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 5000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 5000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 5000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub attack at 22,44

Japanese Ships
SS I-122

Allied Ships
DD Stronghold, Torpedo hits 3, on fire, heavy damage


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Legaspi

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 2443 troops, 14 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 622 troops, 5 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 36 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Legaspi base !!!



Allied ground losses:
89 casualties reported
Guns lost 2


Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Hong Kong

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 22552 troops, 254 guns, 17 vehicles

Defending force 13209 troops, 119 guns, 4 vehicles



Allied ground losses:
17 casualties reported
Guns lost 1


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Khota Bharu

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 19183 troops, 252 guns, 15 vehicles

Defending force 7214 troops, 44 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 3

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1 (fort level 3)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 3


Japanese ground losses:
142 casualties reported
Guns lost 5

Allied ground losses:
63 casualties reported
Guns lost 8


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Khota Bharu

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 4610 troops, 30 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 18955 troops, 242 guns, 15 vehicles


Japanese ground losses:
4 casualties reported
Guns lost 1
User avatar
Cmdrcain
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Rebuilding FLA, Busy Repairing!
Contact:

RE: New War

Post by Cmdrcain »

ORIGINAL: Speedy

Just my opinion but in general it seems that a majority of the recent PH strikes have led to a reduced/minimal number of BB's sunk compared to reality or even an average amount (3 for example). Has anything been tweaked with the PH result as of late?

Regards,

Steven



One thing to remember is other then Arizona which blew up, being in shallow water, the other BB's were brought back, so "sunk" is a questionable thing in a sense.

Extensive damage to BB's in pearl would I'd think result in a long layup to repair them, comparable to what they did about refloating BB's and repairing them in pearl.

One thing i disliked about the original Pac war was sunk was sunk...

I basically used editor at times to "refloat" all but Arizona at 98-99 pct damage, leaving long time till repaired but like in history they were back in action.

So the question is , in this new version, is it only at Pearl that the results are such that BB's aren't sunk? Is it whole game that the results are that few get sunk?


Maybe the developers can answer, is the intention in pearls attk on turn 1 only to damage BB's sufficent to put out of action for a time like in history?

OTOH, is it possiable the new game has ability to bring back ships sunk in a port?

Frankly, if sunk is sunk then any pearl attack sinking several BB's would be ahistorical as hen the sunk wouldn't come back like in history..

For only the pearl attack on only turn 1 if theres a code modifier to limit damage short of sunk I'd figure thats reasonable..

BTW don't forget there were 2 waves of attacks, I don't know the game mechanics but in old pacwar we had 2 attacks on port, in this I see only one attack.

Alot of the damage to ships occured in 2nd wave
Noise? What Noise? It's sooooo quiet and Peaceful!
Image
Battlestar Pegasus
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: Mr Frag versus Mogami

Post by Mr.Frag »

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/10/41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASW attack at 45,47

Japanese Ships
PC Ch 3
PC Ch 2
PC Ch 1
PC Shonan Maru #2
PC Shonan Maru #1
PC Kyo Maru #13
PC Kyo Maru #12
PC Kyo Maru #11
PC Kyo Maru #2
MSW W.18
MSW W.17
MSW W.10
MSW W.9
MSW W.8
MSW W.7

Allied Ships
SS Skipjack, hits 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Air attack on Saigon , at 31,46


Allied aircraft
B-17C Fortress x 3


Allied aircraft losses
B-17C Fortress: 1 damaged

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x B-17C Fortress bombing at 8000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 15 troops unloading over beach at Makin, 85,89


Japanese ground losses:
99 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Georgetown , at 23,44

Japanese aircraft
Ki-21 Sally x 15
Ki-46-II Dinah x 1
Ki-15 Babs x 2

no losses

Airbase hits 2
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 8

Aircraft Attacking:
15 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Hong Kong Fortress, at 43,42

Japanese aircraft
Ki-21 Sally x 18

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 1 damaged

Aircraft Attacking:
18 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Songkhia at 24,43


Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 6


no losses

Japanese Ships
DD Hatsuyuki
DD Murakumo

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Hudson I bombing at 6000 feet
3 x Hudson I bombing at 6000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Songkhia at 24,43


Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 6
Hudson I x 7


no losses

Japanese Ships
DD Amagiri
DD Ayanami
DD Yugiri
DD Usugumo

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Blenheim I bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Blenheim I bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 22,48

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 19

Japanese aircraft losses
G3M Nell: 1 damaged

Allied Ships
TK Manvantara, Torpedo hits 1, on fire
AP Van Cloon
AK Kota Radja, Torpedo hits 4, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet
2 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet
2 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 45,60

Japanese aircraft
A5M4 Claude x 9
B5N Kate x 18

no losses

Allied Ships
AK Si Kiang, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
AK Sarangami, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
AK Elcano, Torpedo hits 1, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x B5N Kate bombing at 5000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 5000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 5000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 5000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Cagayan , at 42,59

Japanese aircraft
A5M4 Claude x 7
B5N Kate x 18

Japanese aircraft losses
B5N Kate: 2 damaged

Airbase hits 2
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 7

Aircraft Attacking:
18 x B5N Kate bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 2


Allied aircraft losses
Hudson I: 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
DD Nowaki

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x Hudson I bombing at 6000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 22,48

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 9

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 3

Japanese aircraft losses
G3M Nell: 2 damaged


Allied Ships
TK Manvantara, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASW attack near Khota Bharu at 24,45

Japanese Ships
DD Hibiki
DD Akatsuki
DD Arashio
DD Michishio
DD Oshio
DD Asashio
CL Jintsu
CA Takao

Allied Ships
SS KXI, hits 2, on fire


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Changsha

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 74869 troops, 866 guns, 13 vehicles

Defending force 50268 troops, 355 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 2

Japanese assault odds: 2 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 2


Japanese ground losses:
774 casualties reported
Guns lost 14

Allied ground losses:
1019 casualties reported
Guns lost 30


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Hong Kong

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 31325 troops, 255 guns, 17 vehicles

Defending force 13190 troops, 120 guns, 4 vehicles

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 5

Japanese assault odds: 0 to 1 (fort level 5)


Japanese ground losses:
143 casualties reported
Guns lost 4
Vehicles lost 1

Allied ground losses:
128 casualties reported
Guns lost 5


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Yenen

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 65352 troops, 782 guns, 14 vehicles

Defending force 30614 troops, 173 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 3 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 1


Japanese ground losses:
545 casualties reported
Guns lost 15

Allied ground losses:
463 casualties reported
Guns lost 9


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Khota Bharu

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 18941 troops, 241 guns, 15 vehicles

Defending force 4602 troops, 30 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 2

Japanese assault odds: 0 to 1 (fort level 2)


Japanese ground losses:
174 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Allied ground losses:
160 casualties reported
Guns lost 3


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Changsha

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 48871 troops, 311 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 73714 troops, 837 guns, 12 vehicles

Allied assault odds: 0 to 1


Japanese ground losses:
456 casualties reported
Guns lost 16
Vehicles lost 1

Allied ground losses:
149 casualties reported
Guns lost 3


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Yenen

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 23853 troops, 163 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 64547 troops, 751 guns, 14 vehicles

Allied assault odds: 0 to 1


Japanese ground losses:
247 casualties reported
Guns lost 7

Allied ground losses:
337 casualties reported
Guns lost 9


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Khota Bharu

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 2222 troops, 20 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 18702 troops, 236 guns, 15 vehicles



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Makin

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 1241 troops, 14 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 0 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 12 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Makin base !!!
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: Mr Frag versus Mogami

Post by Mr.Frag »

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/11/41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASW attack near Khota Bharu at 24,45

Japanese Ships
DD Hibiki
DD Akatsuki
DD Arashio

Allied Ships
SS KXI, hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 3


no losses

Japanese Ships
CL Jintsu

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Hudson I bombing at 6000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Songkhia at 24,43


Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 3
Hudson I x 6


Allied aircraft losses
Hudson I: 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
DD Amagiri
DD Shirakumo

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Blenheim I bombing at 5000 feet
4 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 3


no losses

Japanese Ships
AP Kasui Maru, Bomb hits 1, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Hudson I bombing at 6000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Songkhia at 24,43


Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 3


no losses

Japanese Ships
AP Heiyo Maru, Bomb hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 44,62

Japanese aircraft
A5M4 Claude x 1
B5N Kate x 1

no losses

Allied Ships
AK Elcano, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x B5N Kate bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 6
Hudson I x 16


Allied aircraft losses
Blenheim I: 2 damaged
Hudson I: 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
BB Haruna
BB Kongo
CL Jintsu

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Hudson I bombing at 6000 feet
3 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Blenheim I bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Hudson I bombing at 6000 feet
3 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Blenheim I bombing at 5000 feet
4 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 44,62

Japanese aircraft
A5M4 Claude x 1
B5N Kate x 1

no losses

Allied Ships
TK Manatawny, Torpedo hits 1, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x B5N Kate bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASW attack at 34,62

Japanese Ships
SS I-123, hits 4, on fire, heavy damage

Allied Ships
AP President Madison
MSW Whippoorwill
MSW Lark
MSW Quail
MSW Tanager
MSW Bittern
MSW Finch
AVD Childs
PG Tulsa
PG Asheville
DD Pope
DD Pillsbury
DD Peary


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Changsha

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 73266 troops, 807 guns, 10 vehicles

Defending force 52634 troops, 336 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 1

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1 (fort level 1)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 1


Japanese ground losses:
753 casualties reported
Guns lost 27
Vehicles lost 1

Allied ground losses:
959 casualties reported
Guns lost 23


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Yenen

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 64318 troops, 735 guns, 14 vehicles

Defending force 29708 troops, 153 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 0

Japanese assault odds: 2 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Yenen base !!!


Japanese ground losses:
635 casualties reported
Guns lost 23
Vehicles lost 1

Allied ground losses:
652 casualties reported
Guns lost 5


Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Homan

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 46112 troops, 565 guns, 5 vehicles

Defending force 68366 troops, 427 guns, 0 vehicles



Allied ground losses:
27 casualties reported


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Khota Bharu

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 18731 troops, 239 guns, 15 vehicles

Defending force 4460 troops, 26 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 2 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 1


Japanese ground losses:
77 casualties reported
Guns lost 4

Allied ground losses:
78 casualties reported
Guns lost 2


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Homan

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 58766 troops, 427 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 46112 troops, 565 guns, 5 vehicles

Allied assault odds: 2 to 1


Japanese ground losses:
704 casualties reported
Guns lost 40

Allied ground losses:
166 casualties reported
Guns lost 9


Defeated Japanese Units Retreating!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Khota Bharu

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 2254 troops, 20 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 18588 troops, 232 guns, 15 vehicles
User avatar
ADavidB
Posts: 2464
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

RE: SRA

Post by ADavidB »

Ground combat at Hanoi

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 37051 troops, 412 guns, 20 vehicles

Defending force 40253 troops, 221 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 2 to 1


Japanese ground losses:
748 casualties reported
Guns lost 24
Vehicles lost 1

Allied ground losses:
163 casualties reported


Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

Who are the Allies at Hanoi - Chinese? I thought that French Indo-China was already under Japanese control at the start of the war.

Thanks -

Dave Baranyi
User avatar
mogami
Posts: 11053
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: You can't get here from there

RE: SRA

Post by mogami »

Hi, He marched Chinese units down. That action creates several milta type Japanese units.
Image




I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
User avatar
ADavidB
Posts: 2464
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

RE: SRA

Post by ADavidB »

ORIGINAL: Mogami

Hi, He marched Chinese units down. That action creates several milta type Japanese units.

Ahah - Great - thanks!

Dave Baranyi
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: SRA

Post by Mr.Frag »

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/12/41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 9 troops unloading over beach at Miri, 31,57


Japanese ground losses:
716 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 9 troops unloading over beach at Miri, 31,57


Japanese ground losses:
259 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Songkhia , at 24,43


Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 6
B-17C Fortress x 9


no losses

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x B-17C Fortress bombing at 8000 feet
3 x B-17C Fortress bombing at 8000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 27,46


Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 3
Hudson I x 6


Allied aircraft losses
Blenheim I: 1 damaged
Hudson I: 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
BB Kongo

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Blenheim I bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 26,45


Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 2


no losses

Japanese Ships
DD Murakumo

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x Blenheim I bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 27,46


Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 2


no losses

Japanese Ships
BB Kongo

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 27,46


Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 2


Allied aircraft losses
Hudson I: 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
BB Kongo

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x Hudson I bombing at 6000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 27,46


Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 5


Allied aircraft losses
Hudson I: 3 damaged

Japanese Ships
CA Mikuma

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x Hudson I bombing at 6000 feet
4 x Hudson I bombing at 6000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 27,46


Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 3


Allied aircraft losses
Hudson I: 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
AP Asama Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Hudson I bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 26,45


Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 2


no losses

Japanese Ships
AK Atago Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x Blenheim I bombing at 5000 feet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Changsha

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 71992 troops, 769 guns, 9 vehicles

Defending force 66207 troops, 396 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 0 to 1 (fort level 1)


Japanese ground losses:
1033 casualties reported
Guns lost 25
Vehicles lost 1

Allied ground losses:
875 casualties reported
Guns lost 13


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Hong Kong

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 31250 troops, 250 guns, 17 vehicles

Defending force 13128 troops, 116 guns, 4 vehicles

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 4

Japanese assault odds: 0 to 1 (fort level 4)


Japanese ground losses:
210 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Allied ground losses:
132 casualties reported
Guns lost 6
Vehicles lost 1


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Alor Star

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 19127 troops, 265 guns, 7 vehicles

Defending force 2018 troops, 10 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 4

Japanese assault odds: 199 to 1 (fort level 4)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Alor Star base !!!



Allied aircraft


no losses


Allied ground losses:
166 casualties reported
Guns lost 5


Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Khota Bharu

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 18646 troops, 235 guns, 15 vehicles

Defending force 4330 troops, 23 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 0

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 0


Japanese ground losses:
226 casualties reported
Guns lost 8

Allied ground losses:
87 casualties reported
Guns lost 2


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Victoria Point

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 1574 troops, 0 guns, 104 vehicles

Defending force 804 troops, 9 guns, 3 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 37 to 1 (fort level 3)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Victoria Point base !!!



Allied ground losses:
202 casualties reported
Guns lost 6


Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Khota Bharu

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 2239 troops, 18 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 18322 troops, 221 guns, 15 vehicles
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: SRA

Post by Mr.Frag »

<grumble> <grumble> half arsed Japanese planners sending half the required troops! [:(]
User avatar
mogami
Posts: 11053
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: You can't get here from there

RE: SRA

Post by mogami »

Hi, I've been conducting a fighting withdraw. I held the airfields up north long enough for all the short legged airgroups to escape. The groups that remain can all reach Rangoon from Singapore. Now I have to find a few units to send to Malaya. (Percy is gone. The first PP I spend I send him to be head of Cricket team in Karachi.

I sent the Dutch air transport groups to Palembang and they are busy flying supply to Batavia and Singapore.

Still need to understand the Japanese plan more before I try anything fancy.
Image




I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: SRA

Post by Mr.Frag »

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/13/41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 9 troops unloading over beach at Miri, 31,57



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Miri

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 13400 troops, 162 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 0 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 1

Japanese assault odds: 275 to 1 (fort level 1)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Miri base !!!



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Tuguegarao

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 14725 troops, 246 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 0 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 490 to 1 (fort level 3)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Tuguegarao base !!!
User avatar
Capt. Harlock
Posts: 5379
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Opening Turn Mystery

Post by Capt. Harlock »

Sorry I'm a bit late to this party. Has anyone figured out what happened to the S-39 on Dec. 7th? (Sunk at Wake during action with CD guns.)
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
User avatar
mogami
Posts: 11053
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: You can't get here from there

RE: Opening Turn Mystery

Post by mogami »

ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock

Sorry I'm a bit late to this party. Has anyone figured out what happened to the S-39 on Dec. 7th? (Sunk at Wake during action with CD guns.)

Hi she was hit in the previous action and sank during the next. Often in UV/WITP results of previous events appear in reports. (pilots bailing out of aircraft during surface battles)
Image




I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”