THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25456
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,




Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
sprior
Posts: 8298
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:38 pm
Location: Portsmouth, UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by sprior »

I really do need to get some work done today.
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Image
User avatar
Dixie
Posts: 10304
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Dixie »

Not too bad down South. Cold, but not overly so. I've got no work to do, I'm looking after Josh so I can't go to the gym, most of the shopping is done, all the Christmas shopping is done and there's nothing on TV. Looks like I've got nothing to do except try and kick those **** Allies across the Pacific [:D] And look after the wee man.

Then maybe plot some more terror raids on the Reich before attempting to link XXX Corps up with the Paras at Arnhem.
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
User avatar
sprior
Posts: 8298
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:38 pm
Location: Portsmouth, UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by sprior »

I've got nothing to do except try and kick those **** Allies across the Pacific

The operative word here being "try".
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Image
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25456
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Dixie

Not too bad down South. Cold, but not overly so. I've got no work to do, I'm looking after Josh so I can't go to the gym, most of the shopping is done, all the Christmas shopping is done and there's nothing on TV. Looks like I've got nothing to do except try and kick those **** Allies across the Pacific [:D] And look after the wee man.

Then maybe plot some more terror raids on the Reich before attempting to link XXX Corps up with the Paras at Arnhem.

It seems that you have a full day ahead of you Martin... [8D]


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
comte
Posts: 2394
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:12 am
Location: Be'eri, Hadarom, Israel

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by comte »

ORIGINAL: sprior

Up early?

nah can't sleep
User avatar
Dixie
Posts: 10304
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Dixie »

ORIGINAL: sprior
I've got nothing to do except try and kick those **** Allies across the Pacific

The operative word here being "try".

Aye, that's too close to the truth for my liking [:D] Still, 'tis my first real game as the forces of the Emperor so I haven't had time to play it through 15 times and find some uber strategy [:D] I just have to rely on my own judgement (so I'm screwed!).
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
User avatar
sprior
Posts: 8298
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:38 pm
Location: Portsmouth, UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by sprior »

attempting to link XXX Corps up with the Paras at Arnhem.

I'm tempted by this game, it was my favourite CC game. Currently playing VGs Hells Highway as XXX Corps, not quite got to Grave after 4 days but 101th and 1st Airborne Diz are in real trouble already.
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Image
User avatar
sprior
Posts: 8298
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:38 pm
Location: Portsmouth, UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by sprior »

Dixie, what price did you pay for it? It looks like a $:£ conversion of 1:1 which tells me it's not really on sale.
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Image
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Sun is shining over the winter landscape today, after yesterday's 25 degrees below zero (including wind chill) and continuous snowfall. Tomorrow we'll be getting more powder. Yay![8|]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Dixie
Posts: 10304
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Dixie »

ORIGINAL: sprior

Dixie, what price did you pay for it? It looks like a $:£ conversion of 1:1 which tells me it's not really on sale.

It's not on sale, but I'm feeling flush at the moment [:D] £33, more than I'd usually pay but as it's my last purchase of the year I figured I'd go for it.
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
User avatar
gladiatt
Posts: 2578
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:19 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by gladiatt »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Sun is shining over the winter landscape today, after yesterday's 25 degrees below zero (including wind chill) and continuous snowfall. Tomorrow we'll be getting more powder. Yay![8|]

white powder of course [;)]
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: sprior

The M1 going north and why I'm staying home:



Image


What's really amazing about this is why they allow motor vehicles on a carriageway. What do the horses think about those big trucks alongside them? [:'(]
Image
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Aces8

Ugh driving in the snow sucks I hope we get no snow this year but that's highly unlikely. Even worse is shoveling it [:(]
Driving in the snow ain't half as bad as driving on the ice, mate. [:-]
Image
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: gladiatt

Already had my first snowball battle with collegues this morning....i loose [;)]
[8D]
Image
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Sun is shining over the winter landscape today, after yesterday's 25 degrees below zero (including wind chill) and continuous snowfall. Tomorrow we'll be getting more powder. Yay![8|]
Probably more time for you to spend with your fellow commuters revelling in the season's spirit! [8D]
Image
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

Good morning, dudes.
Image
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

Good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

I've been staying up late the last 3 nights, reading the newest Wheel of Time book.  The book is fantastic, but the missing sleep is catching up to me.  [>:]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25456
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

HI all,

Time to go home tithe...


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”