CHS Nik mod
Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
CHS Nik mod
We are playing the CHS nik mod and it appears my P-40Bs are made of rice paper.
I can't even use them for flying non combat missions without them getting all brused up.
I'll get 20 plus damaged P-40bs at a time from a large undamaged field.
Did I miss a memo?
I can't even use them for flying non combat missions without them getting all brused up.
I'll get 20 plus damaged P-40bs at a time from a large undamaged field.
Did I miss a memo?
RE: CHS Nik mod
Worr, I'm seeing the same thing. I'm wondering if the higher durability is causing it? The problem seems worse with the higher durability fighters, just flying CAP at 60% (size 4 or greater base, plenty of supplies, less than 100 aircraft at the base and plenty of aviaion support) will result in 50% or more aircraft being damaged in one day. This is with no attacks on the base! The fighters also seem to take much longer to repair.
Anyone else?
-CJ
Anyone else?
-CJ
RE: CHS Nik mod
Yep.. [:)] Found the same effect with Jap transports (CHS-Nik). After 2 days flying from Bankok (5) to Rangoon (4) more than half of ALL Japanese transports are damadged. Used to be a lot different in old plain CHS
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2/CS-2 Development
WITE/WITW/WITE-2/CS-2 Development
RE: CHS Nik mod
Not present in CHS Exp mod. And I think it's itroduced in patches later that 1.8.01...[:@]
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-


RE: CHS Nik mod
Same on jap side. Its impossible to keep up a little bombing campaign. First day 120 sallys attack singapore, second day 70, third day some 50, the rest are damaged and stay damaged for a pretty long time. Fighters have the same problem. Its hard to keep up a large enough CAP over my bases, although I´m using most fighter groups I have. But CAP appears to be pretty worthless in CHS Nik Mod... Those swordfishes even ignore some 30 zeroes on CAP and bomb the shit out of my TF´s. A few hours ago 30 zeroes on cap at least managed to shoot 11 vildebeests down, but the swordfishes came through unscratched. And did I mention that my nates only managed 1 kill, and its 10 Jan 42!!! (and I´m using them pretty much!)
Am I the only one that has made the experience, that CAP cant protect your carriers successful against a few experienced attackers in Nik Mod? USS Saratoga stumbled over 4 carriers of KB - her stike nearly sank Akagi and badly mauled the other three CVs (all in the high 30s damage). At least Saratoga herself was sunk too... And those dutch torpedo floatplanes managed to sink CVE Hosho and cripple CVL Zuiho a week later, although some 20 Zeroes were on CAP...
As good as NIK mod is (and I really like it), it should be tweaked a bit in regards of CAP against strikes. Or is there a way to change accuracy of dive bombing/torpedo attacks. This could help soften the effect of the uber-efficient Nell and Betty anti shipping strikes, deadly Dauntless divebombing etc... But I fear it is hard coded - isn´t it?
Am I the only one that has made the experience, that CAP cant protect your carriers successful against a few experienced attackers in Nik Mod? USS Saratoga stumbled over 4 carriers of KB - her stike nearly sank Akagi and badly mauled the other three CVs (all in the high 30s damage). At least Saratoga herself was sunk too... And those dutch torpedo floatplanes managed to sink CVE Hosho and cripple CVL Zuiho a week later, although some 20 Zeroes were on CAP...
As good as NIK mod is (and I really like it), it should be tweaked a bit in regards of CAP against strikes. Or is there a way to change accuracy of dive bombing/torpedo attacks. This could help soften the effect of the uber-efficient Nell and Betty anti shipping strikes, deadly Dauntless divebombing etc... But I fear it is hard coded - isn´t it?
RE: CHS Nik mod
Well, you are flying into ack. And that was expected in the nik mod. I'm experiencing this problem flying over my own bases.
RE: CHS Nik mod
CAP is worthless in the Nik Mod. I Moded the Nik trying to fix the Bomber always gets through problem and make CAP work properly, along with several other changes.
See Below:
Plane Maneuverability increased to reflect IL-2 Pacific Fighters Compare Program for best turn rate at speed..........Result most fighters saw an increase in maneuverabilty performance, although it generally helped the Japanese.
Reduced Level Bomber Durability: Reason to stop the Uber Level Bomber that always gets through.
Reduced Level Bomber Bomb Accuracy by more than 50%: Reason to make hitting ships and airfields harder.
Reset level Bomber Loads back to Stock: Reason, felt the reduction in Bomb Accuracy was more than enough, so felt if a bomb hits ship underway it should be more luck than anything.
Reduced AP Pen for level bombers: Level Bombers usually didn't have AP Bombs, but HE, so were less effective against ships.
Increased Japan Squadron Pilot Experience: Reason, Japan has been at war for several years, and would have much more experienced pilots.
Decreased Japan Starting Pool by 2/3, the increase in overall experience seems to do the trick, plus I filled most Japan Squadron with pilots that were short before.
Increased Japan Pilot training Program from 30/20 to 45/30. From my research, Japan did train lots of pilots, but the quality falls off the longer the war continues. I took a middle ground approach.
Vastly increased Allied Plane Production, sometimes by 100%. This is to counter the Japan Pilot Training Program, and better reflects real War production.
Rounded all AK/AP to even whole numbers to make adding them up easier, who really knows what the size an AK or AP should or shouldn't be, again a middle ground approach.
Decreased all Allied Level Bomber starting experience between 30 and 35. Also some Allied fighter units experience was decreased at the start, while some were increased. Most American Marine Fighter Squadrons were increased, while Dutch Air was decreased.
American Navy Pilot Experience was increased.
Japan Industry is still Stock, suggest a house rule of not converting Japan R and D factories to production factories till the plane in question is availible.
Currently I only have this mod availible for the Stock map.
I am open to any discussion on house rules, or other possible modifications.
See Below:
Plane Maneuverability increased to reflect IL-2 Pacific Fighters Compare Program for best turn rate at speed..........Result most fighters saw an increase in maneuverabilty performance, although it generally helped the Japanese.
Reduced Level Bomber Durability: Reason to stop the Uber Level Bomber that always gets through.
Reduced Level Bomber Bomb Accuracy by more than 50%: Reason to make hitting ships and airfields harder.
Reset level Bomber Loads back to Stock: Reason, felt the reduction in Bomb Accuracy was more than enough, so felt if a bomb hits ship underway it should be more luck than anything.
Reduced AP Pen for level bombers: Level Bombers usually didn't have AP Bombs, but HE, so were less effective against ships.
Increased Japan Squadron Pilot Experience: Reason, Japan has been at war for several years, and would have much more experienced pilots.
Decreased Japan Starting Pool by 2/3, the increase in overall experience seems to do the trick, plus I filled most Japan Squadron with pilots that were short before.
Increased Japan Pilot training Program from 30/20 to 45/30. From my research, Japan did train lots of pilots, but the quality falls off the longer the war continues. I took a middle ground approach.
Vastly increased Allied Plane Production, sometimes by 100%. This is to counter the Japan Pilot Training Program, and better reflects real War production.
Rounded all AK/AP to even whole numbers to make adding them up easier, who really knows what the size an AK or AP should or shouldn't be, again a middle ground approach.
Decreased all Allied Level Bomber starting experience between 30 and 35. Also some Allied fighter units experience was decreased at the start, while some were increased. Most American Marine Fighter Squadrons were increased, while Dutch Air was decreased.
American Navy Pilot Experience was increased.
Japan Industry is still Stock, suggest a house rule of not converting Japan R and D factories to production factories till the plane in question is availible.
Currently I only have this mod availible for the Stock map.
I am open to any discussion on house rules, or other possible modifications.
"Actions Speak Louder than Words"
RE: CHS Nik mod
I'd give advice to everyone that have problems with CHS Nik Mod to try CHS Experimental mod (Scens 159/160). If you don't for example like as bad Flak as in Nik's. I've found Scen159/160 (Scen 160 has Soviet Navy from start, cannot be played as Japan since AI will sortie Soviet subs, 159 has Soviet navy appear in late 1954 and can be played from both sides) to be best mod available in relation to A2A combat and Flak issues...or at least I like it most..and I have tried about every mod available.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-


RE: CHS Nik mod
Do any of the above changes help with cap?
Once again, the problem isn't ack.
Once again, the problem isn't ack.
RE: CHS Nik mod
ORIGINAL: worr
Do any of the above changes help with cap?
Once again, the problem isn't ack.
CAP as too strong or too weak for your taste ? To add, those kind of damaged planes from flying (post 1) is not happening in CHS Exp mod. CAP is stronger in Exp mod but not "über" like in stock.
I'm now in Oct 1943 in Scen 160 vs. IJ AI..and planes like P-38G/P-47D/F6F etc. *will* maul any unescorted stikes by Nells/Betties. When escorted there are usually leakers, though.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-


RE: CHS Nik mod
No CAP as in you fly it and half your AC end up damage with no combat.
Like I said originally, the P-40B seems to be made out of rice paper...very fragile apart from combat or ack.
Like I said originally, the P-40B seems to be made out of rice paper...very fragile apart from combat or ack.
RE: CHS Nik mod
ORIGINAL: worr
No CAP as in you fly it and half your AC end up damage with no combat.
Like I said originally, the P-40B seems to be made out of rice paper...very fragile apart from combat or ack.
And as I said, not happening in Scen 159/160. Confirmed by herwin too.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-


RE: CHS Nik mod
I'm having a similar problem (In a Nik Mod) and include the P40E, flying out of the same base as RAF Spitfires & Hurris they seem to accumulate damage roughly twice as fast.
Is it a problem with the FG's only though, I have some P40E sqns that seem to attrit at about the same speed as the RAF. (Different theatre & Bases)
I'm into Jan 43 and havent had any probs with CAP not working (although my Dutch Buffs & Hawks dont seem to work) though despite many attempts I havent had the big Carrier battle yet.
Is it a problem with the FG's only though, I have some P40E sqns that seem to attrit at about the same speed as the RAF. (Different theatre & Bases)
I'm into Jan 43 and havent had any probs with CAP not working (although my Dutch Buffs & Hawks dont seem to work) though despite many attempts I havent had the big Carrier battle yet.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
RE: CHS Nik mod
ORIGINAL: JeffK
I'm having a similar problem (In a Nik Mod) and include the P40E, flying out of the same base as RAF Spitfires & Hurris they seem to accumulate damage roughly twice as fast.
Is it a problem with the FG's only though, I have some P40E sqns that seem to attrit at about the same speed as the RAF. (Different theatre & Bases)
I'm into Jan 43 and havent had any probs with CAP not working (although my Dutch Buffs & Hawks dont seem to work) though despite many attempts I havent had the big Carrier battle yet.
It is not with all fighters...just some.
I should mention these are mid sized bases....size 3/4
RE: CHS Nik mod
ORIGINAL: Sardaukar
And as I said, not happening in Scen 159/160. Confirmed by herwin too.
I should mention I'm playing 157.
RE: CHS Nik mod
ORIGINAL: worr
ORIGINAL: Sardaukar
And as I said, not happening in Scen 159/160. Confirmed by herwin too.
I should mention I'm playing 157.
I know [8D]. Just wanted to tell it's not happening in other versions.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-


RE: CHS Nik mod
ORIGINAL: worr
No CAP as in you fly it and half your AC end up damage with no combat.
Like I said originally, the P-40B seems to be made out of rice paper...very fragile apart from combat or ack.
Actually it seems that it is quite the opposite. Durability in CHS/Nik has been increased as a way to lessen the bloodiness of A2A combat. This works great except that DUR also seems to determine repair time. So damaged A/C are also repaired based on the DUR level of the given A/C. The higher the DUR, the longer it takes to repair. The longer it takes to repair an A/C the more likely you will see MORE damaged A/C before previously damaged A/C are fixed and become "ready".
IN PERPETUUM SINGULARIS SEDES


RE: CHS Nik mod
I knew durability was raised. The P-40B is at 99.
I did not know about damage repair based on durability. That is news to me, and fits the problem I'm having above.
Law of unintended consequences?
I did not know about damage repair based on durability. That is news to me, and fits the problem I'm having above.
Law of unintended consequences?
RE: CHS Nik mod
ORIGINAL: worr
I knew durability was raised. The P-40B is at 99.
I did not know about damage repair based on durability. That is news to me, and fits the problem I'm having above.
Law of unintended consequences?
Yup. Unfortunately.
IN PERPETUUM SINGULARIS SEDES


RE: CHS Nik mod
Worr, I'm now some 30 turns into a new game that uses the CHS "experimental" values, and the problem with aircraft repair rates does not seem to be nearly as bad. However, air combat is much bloodier - not quite up to stock, but more than NikMod.
What we really need is a way to import database changes into existing save games, while preserving PBEM security.
-CJ
What we really need is a way to import database changes into existing save games, while preserving PBEM security.
-CJ



