A-Bomb oddity?

Pacific War is a free update of the old classic, available in our Downloads section.
Post Reply
Black_panther
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Bellingham, MA USA

A-Bomb oddity?

Post by Black_panther »

While playing the 'original' PACWAR I noticed that my B-29s never seemed to drop an A-Bomb on Japan. I would try assigning them variously to atomic, night and day missions, and had squadrons with exp.above 90, too. But they would never conduct an atomic strike. Any idea why? Is this a bug or just something I haven't done right?
andrewmv
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand

Post by andrewmv »

> While playing the 'original' PACWAR I
> noticed that my B-29s never seemed to drop
> an A-Bomb on Japan. I would try assigning
> them variously to atomic, night and day
> missions, and had squadrons with exp.above
> 90, too. But they would never conduct an
> atomic strike. Any idea why? Is this a bug
> or just something I haven't done right?

Set the group to Atomic Bomb and _don't_ give it a target. The target will be selected automatically, though it never seems to pick Tokyo if any other Japanese city is available.
Owl
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Portland, OR

Post by Owl »

At the risk of starting a debate on the subject, I've found that the bomb isn't needed at all to win the war. I've managed several times to win without the bomb, and without a great deal more causalties. That aside the AI controls the planes assigned to A-bomb. As previouly stated you have to leave the squadron assigned to A-bomb alone, they'll eventually use the things. I never really gave it any thought but the observation about not nuking Tokyo is true.

------------------
(.) (.)
...V...
(.) (.)

...V...
User avatar
Cmdrcain
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Rebuilding FLA, Busy Repairing!
Contact:

Post by Cmdrcain »

Originally posted by Black_panther:
While playing the 'original' PACWAR I noticed that my B-29s never seemed to drop an A-Bomb on Japan. I would try assigning them variously to atomic, night and day missions, and had squadrons with exp.above 90, too. But they would never conduct an atomic strike. Any idea why? Is this a bug or just something I haven't done right?
You will be happy to know, that the New Patched version, It bombs... It BOMBS like I've had it bomb japan FOUR Times ;--)

Japanese are being Fools, just will not give up... I think Their going run out of
other Japanese citys at a point and
Bye bye tokyo.

Guess japan Post war becomes the USA "spent nuclear fuel dump"... No ones going be living there to complain.

Image

Noise? What Noise? It's sooooo quiet and Peaceful!
Image
Battlestar Pegasus
Post Reply

Return to “Pacific War: The Matrix Edition”