Game play question..

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Post Reply
docpaul
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri May 17, 2002 2:59 am

Game play question..

Post by docpaul »

One thing I loved with Pacwar was the turns..they were 1 week I believe. If you play WIP at 1 week turns what is it like? Is it similar? I am enjoying the 1 day turns but the going is slow at times. What timescale do you all enjoy the most?
Thanks!
Yamato hugger
Posts: 3791
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:38 am

RE: Game play question..

Post by Yamato hugger »

You can play 1, 2, or 3 day turns. I have never played more than 1 day turns personally, but there are those that play 2 day and love it.
User avatar
Blackwatch_it
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:10 pm

RE: Game play question..

Post by Blackwatch_it »

1 day turn is the best option IMO becuase gives you the better control over the action going on.
For example if you choose 2 days game turn and issue a shock attack order it will last for the two days and it could have really bad conseguences[:-]
User avatar
RUPD3658
Posts: 6921
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:25 am
Location: East Brunswick, NJ

RE: Game play question..

Post by RUPD3658 »

I like 2 day turns. Makes the game go faster while at the same time slowing down the pace of the action. Also makes you have to think a turn ahead like chess.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”