Newbie question - What version?

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
Post Reply
TonyN
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2001 8:00 am
Location: New Britain, CT

Newbie question - What version?

Post by TonyN »

I just downloaded the 5.1 complete game version.
Should I download all the way up to 6.1 or what?
Are there any major differences in the versions?

Thanks
Tony
john g
Posts: 911
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2000 8:00 am
Location: college station, tx usa

Post by john g »

Originally posted by TonyN:
I just downloaded the 5.1 complete game version.
Should I download all the way up to 6.1 or what?
Are there any major differences in the versions?

Thanks

The versions 5.01 thru 5.3 each have a different variation in lethality towards infantry. v6.1 is the balanced version with increased to hit chance if the unit has not been fired upon. The time spent upgrading is well spent. Each version has an increase in realism over the preceding version.

To be able to play online or pbem you need the same version as your opponent, so if that is a consideration, pick which version your friends (or enemies) have.
thanks, John.
TonyN
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2001 8:00 am
Location: New Britain, CT

Post by TonyN »

John,
Ok - I'm going to go ahead and download the
6.1 version. Thanks a lot for replying,
Tony
Post Reply

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”