Favre Demands Trade
Moderator: maddog986
Favre Demands Trade
Say it isn't so! MSN reports that Brett Favre's agent contacted the Packers' GM and announced that Brett wants out. This is apparently no joke. [:(]

-
JJKettunen
- Posts: 2293
- Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2002 6:00 pm
- Location: Finland
RE: Favre Demands Trade
What the heck is this? Baseball?
RE: Favre Demands Trade
ORIGINAL: Keke
What the heck is this? Baseball?
Nah -- the second-best sport in the world : American football (with baseball being number one). [:'(]

RE: Favre Demands Trade
It's not true. I live in Green Bay. He's just upset that Randy Moss got away.
-
JJKettunen
- Posts: 2293
- Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2002 6:00 pm
- Location: Finland
RE: Favre Demands Trade
ORIGINAL: KG Erwin
Nah -- the second-best sport in the world : American football
You mean the kind of football where hands are used and you run around in pantyhose?
RE: Favre Demands Trade
ORIGINAL: KTNJR
It's not true. I live in Green Bay. He's just upset that Randy Moss got away.
Ok, so he's just blowing off some steam? I'd think he'd retire before asking to be traded.

RE: Favre Demands Trade
I do think this is his last year though. Just wish he would say this is is last year so we don't have to go through all the talk of him hanging it up.
- Arctic Blast
- Posts: 1157
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:58 am
- Contact:
RE: Favre Demands Trade
It sounds like he is definitely PO'd at the fact Green Bay has hardly put much around him this offseason after pledging that they would (he has a point, and they apparently DID assure him of putting talent around him this year, which was part of the reason he did come back), and somebody took it a little TOO far and said he was demanding a trade.
I dunno, the guy kind of seems to have a point. It seems like the team does everything it can to keep him around, then does nothing whatsoever to put anything around him. they're rebuilding, but refuse to say so publicly, which is just silly.
Oh, and football blows baseball out of the water. [:D]
I dunno, the guy kind of seems to have a point. It seems like the team does everything it can to keep him around, then does nothing whatsoever to put anything around him. they're rebuilding, but refuse to say so publicly, which is just silly.
Oh, and football blows baseball out of the water. [:D]
Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.
RE: Favre Demands Trade
ORIGINAL: Keke
ORIGINAL: KG Erwin
Nah -- the second-best sport in the world : American football
You mean the kind of football where hands are used and you run around in pantyhose?
unlike the other kind where rolling around on the ground acting like your leg just got chopped off is part of the game...[8|]
RE: Favre Demands Trade
Brett Favre is upset that the Packers didn't trade for Randy Moss, but I don't think Moss would have re-done his contract for the Packers like he did with the Patriots.
- Marc von Martial
- Posts: 5292
- Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Bonn, Germany
- Contact:
RE: Favre Demands Trade
ORIGINAL: LitFuel
ORIGINAL: Keke
ORIGINAL: KG Erwin
Nah -- the second-best sport in the world : American football
You mean the kind of football where hands are used and you run around in pantyhose?
unlike the other kind where rolling around on the ground acting like your leg just got chopped off is part of the game...[8|]
At least they have the guts to tackle each others without bodyarmor [:'(].
-
JJKettunen
- Posts: 2293
- Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2002 6:00 pm
- Location: Finland
RE: Favre Demands Trade
ORIGINAL: LitFuel
ORIGINAL: Keke
ORIGINAL: KG Erwin
Nah -- the second-best sport in the world : American football
You mean the kind of football where hands are used and you run around in pantyhose?
unlike the other kind where rolling around on the ground acting like your leg just got chopped off is part of the game...[8|]
I have to agree that playacting is the worst part of real football. Rule changes are needed to get rid off it.
RE: Favre Demands Trade
Nothing better than Austrailian rules football for me. I wish America would telecast more of those games than silly childish rt kickfest soccer. lo (haha rt kickfest soccer)
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik!
and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?
RE: Favre Demands Trade
ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck
At least they have the guts to tackle each others without bodyarmor [:'(].
I think we are comparing disparate definitions of 'tackling'....
let Ronnie Lott in his prime tackle any of the "as much fun as watching grass grow" theatrical troupe players unarmored and we'll see the results.



- Attachments
-
- HOPE.jpg (66.07 KiB) Viewed 397 times
-
- obamalinsky.jpg (135.49 KiB) Viewed 397 times
-
- today_parc..mageFile.jpg (34.89 KiB) Viewed 397 times
- Marc von Martial
- Posts: 5292
- Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Bonn, Germany
- Contact:
RE: Favre Demands Trade
ORIGINAL: sven
ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck
At least they have the guts to tackle each others without bodyarmor [:'(].
I think we are comparing disparate definitions of 'tackling'....
let Ronnie Lott in his prime tackle any of the "as much fun as watching grass grow" theatrical troupe players unarmored and we'll see the results.
Yep, I would also love to see the result on Ronnie Lott's knees and other joints when somebody kicks him in the legs from behind running full speed and that with metal spikes [:'(]
- Knuckles_85
- Posts: 125
- Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2002 8:31 am
- Location: The hell known as Wisconsin
RE: Favre Demands Trade
Having played American football I have to say you have some misconceptions. Yes we wore pads but they didn't cover everything. Your entire backside is exposed from your butt down. There are no coverings for your arms or hands. From your knees down there are also no covering. In soccer people primarily go for the ball. In American football the main objective is going for the person with the ball. There are no collisions in soccer as there are in American football. Another thing to note is American football is played in the bitter cold which makes the skin more prone to nasty gashes. If you think soccer is tough then try running into a guy that's 250lbs. that's running full speed at you not once, not twice but about 50 times a game.
Me: God that guy is annoying
Co-worker: What would Jesus do?
Me: I don't know set him on fire and send him to hell?
Co-worker: What would Jesus do?
Me: I don't know set him on fire and send him to hell?
- Knuckles_85
- Posts: 125
- Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2002 8:31 am
- Location: The hell known as Wisconsin
RE: Favre Demands Trade
Let's see the knees and joints and hands of a soccer player who's had to fire off in a 3 or 4 point stances for years.ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck
ORIGINAL: sven
ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck
At least they have the guts to tackle each others without bodyarmor [:'(].
I think we are comparing disparate definitions of 'tackling'....
let Ronnie Lott in his prime tackle any of the "as much fun as watching grass grow" theatrical troupe players unarmored and we'll see the results.
Yep, I would also love to see the result on Ronnie Lott's knees and other joints when somebody kicks him in the legs from behind running full speed and that with metal spikes [:'(]

3 point stance

4 point stance
Me: God that guy is annoying
Co-worker: What would Jesus do?
Me: I don't know set him on fire and send him to hell?
Co-worker: What would Jesus do?
Me: I don't know set him on fire and send him to hell?
RE: Favre Demands Trade
Yes, that kind. Not the head-butt ball type where you run around in school-girl socks.[;)]ORIGINAL: KekeYou mean the kind of football where hands are used and you run around in pantyhose?ORIGINAL: KG Erwin
Nah -- the second-best sport in the world : American football
I'm done with Favre. He doesn't throw anything but interceptions the second half.
Retire buddy!
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
panzer
RE: Favre Demands Trade
pucks, ice, sticks, boxing...need I say more


- Attachments
-
- 7.jpg (27.09 KiB) Viewed 397 times
The Yankee Motto:
Use it up,
Wear it out,
Make do,
Or do without.
"God Help us, and God, come yourself.
Don't send Jesus, this is no place for children."
Use it up,
Wear it out,
Make do,
Or do without.
"God Help us, and God, come yourself.
Don't send Jesus, this is no place for children."
- JudgeDredd
- Posts: 8362
- Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:28 pm
- Location: Scotland
RE: Favre Demands Trade
KG Erwin
I remember playing a wee game quite a few years ago, text based american football, with a black screen and lodas of stats coming up as the players move from left to right across the pitch!
I'm a big American footie fan (moreson than Baseball....). Do you have Maximum Football from Matrix Games? Is it any good? I've been looking for a good stats game (similar to SSIs Football Manager, OOTP 2007 or Puresim Baseball).
I remember playing a wee game quite a few years ago, text based american football, with a black screen and lodas of stats coming up as the players move from left to right across the pitch!
I'm a big American footie fan (moreson than Baseball....). Do you have Maximum Football from Matrix Games? Is it any good? I've been looking for a good stats game (similar to SSIs Football Manager, OOTP 2007 or Puresim Baseball).
Alba gu' brath









