Problem at Chungking

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Post Reply
Azrael_111
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:40 am

Problem at Chungking

Post by Azrael_111 »

Hey everyone,
I have a problem with a bug/feature in the game. Playing as Japanese, I have conquered all Chinese cities, including Chungking. Now I have the problem that invisible Chinese units keep respawning (every turn) at Chungking. They do not seem to be doing much, they are not even appearing on the map or in the Combat animation. However, they do appear as Number of troops, guns, vehicles and Assault strength in combat reports and the summary shows that they surrender (the same units over and over again). A bigger problem is posed by the fact that the Hex is contested. I am unable to move troops out of it. Quite annoying, most of my China-Army is in effect pinned in place. Any suggestions on how to resolve this problem?

I am runnin 1.806 and it is a stock scenario 15 game versus the AI.

Thanks in advance
User avatar
castor troy
Posts: 14331
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:17 am
Location: Austria

RE: Problem at Chungking

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: Azrael_111

Hey everyone,
I have a problem with a bug/feature in the game. Playing as Japanese, I have conquered all Chinese cities, including Chungking. Now I have the problem that invisible Chinese units keep respawning (every turn) at Chungking. They do not seem to be doing much, they are not even appearing on the map or in the Combat animation. However, they do appear as Number of troops, guns, vehicles and Assault strength in combat reports and the summary shows that they surrender (the same units over and over again). A bigger problem is posed by the fact that the Hex is contested. I am unable to move troops out of it. Quite annoying, most of my China-Army is in effect pinned in place. Any suggestions on how to resolve this problem?

I am runnin 1.806 and it is a stock scenario 15 game versus the AI.

Thanks in advance


known bug. guess there´s no workaround. You can move your troops out by setting their destination a FRIENDLY BASE.
Azrael_111
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:40 am

RE: Problem at Chungking

Post by Azrael_111 »

Thanks a lot for the quick reply, castor troy.
I could not find anything on the forum concerning this bug, does it occur every time you take Chungking or is some random element involved? Just wondering if I should reload pre-conquest and try again. Similarly, do these units DO anything? Do they attack on their own, cut supply lines?
Thanks again!
bradfordkay
Posts: 8686
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
Location: Olympia, WA

RE: Problem at Chungking

Post by bradfordkay »

When Chinese ground units are destroyed, they will respawn in Chungking in (I believe) 90 days. When the Japanese control Chungking, the program can't figure out what to do with the units - thus you have this problem. It is my understanding that we have yet to find a way to fix this that will allow the Chinese units to respawn when the base is controlled by the Chinese...
fair winds,
Brad
User avatar
Feinder
Posts: 7204
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:33 pm
Location: Land o' Lakes, FL

RE: Problem at Chungking

Post by Feinder »

I would be interesting to know if you gain points for the "ghost" units that "surrender"...
 
-F-
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

Image
User avatar
castor troy
Posts: 14331
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:17 am
Location: Austria

RE: Problem at Chungking

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: Feinder

I would be interesting to know if you gain points for the "ghost" units that "surrender"...

-F-


IIRC you can´t even attack them and I guess they can´t attack you. To make sure, I would just keep 1000 assault points at Chungking and no matter if ghost or real unit, without supplies and with the urban bonus, the Chinese will never kick you out.
User avatar
JeffroK
Posts: 6435
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:05 am

RE: Problem at Chungking

Post by JeffroK »

Must be a bug that only effects Chungking or only respawning units.
 
When I captured Tokyo (vs AI in 2/45, after almost a 12 mth siege, It needed about 80% of Allied Divs) I have had no "ghost units appear.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
Azrael_111
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:40 am

RE: Problem at Chungking

Post by Azrael_111 »

Have to test actual losses and points gained tonite when I am back home, but I do not think I get points for the surrendering units (have to turn off ground attacks to see if my gain in army loss points is from these surrenders).
Azrael_111
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:40 am

RE: Problem at Chungking

Post by Azrael_111 »

ORIGINAL: castor troy

ORIGINAL: Feinder

I would be interesting to know if you gain points for the "ghost" units that "surrender"...

-F-


IIRC you can´t even attack them and I guess they can´t attack you. To make sure, I would just keep 1000 assault points at Chungking and no matter if ghost or real unit, without supplies and with the urban bonus, the Chinese will never kick you out.


Not so sure about that, I can attack them, definitely, the combat report even claims losses on my side. The hex is even treated as contested in some sense, i.e. I cannot move out of it directly, have to choose a friendly base as movement target or they will stop immediately.

The thing that has me puzzled is that it is always the same units, every turn. They seem to respawn immediately, not after 90 days. So it seems to be more than just the respawning algorithm still at work, it is also buggy even if it SHOULD respawn there.
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”