Map making issues & VISTA

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

Post Reply
User avatar
Big Ivan
Posts: 2032
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:34 am
Location: Mansfield, Ohio USA

Map making issues & VISTA

Post by Big Ivan »

Hello Jason

I have a couple of problems with JTCS playing through Vista and I thought there maybe a quck fix I am unaware exists.

1.) When making maps using the first screen in the editor I get garbled boxes for the different terrain types instead of the individual slide bar pix. The boxes for map size are also garbled so I have to guess by mental count instead of seeing a number.

2.) When I make maps direct or through random scenario generation, the editor does not apply the town names.

Any suggestions on what you think may be going on? On another computer which uses XP I don't see these issues.

Any help would be appreciated!
Best Always!
Big Ivan[&:]
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
Assistant Forum Moderator for CS and CSx2 at The Blitz Wargaming Club.
User avatar
Jason Petho
Posts: 17794
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:31 am
Location: Terrace, BC, Canada
Contact:

RE: Map making issues

Post by Jason Petho »

I recently acquired a Vista laptop, give me a few days (ish) to test it out.

Jason Petho
User avatar
marcbarker
Posts: 1213
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:58 pm

RE: Map making issues

Post by marcbarker »

i have vista and had the same issue i change my desktop theme to classic and poof the problem was gone along with the white space issues
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
2. John Tiller's Battleground Series
3. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
4. Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
8. Rise and Fall of the Third Re
User avatar
Jason Petho
Posts: 17794
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:31 am
Location: Terrace, BC, Canada
Contact:

RE: Map making issues

Post by Jason Petho »

ORIGINAL: barker

i have vista and had the same issue i change my desktop theme to classic and poof the problem was gone along with the white space issues

That's brilliant information, thank you, barker.

I will sticky this.

Jason Petho
User avatar
Big Ivan
Posts: 2032
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:34 am
Location: Mansfield, Ohio USA

RE: Map making issues & VISTA

Post by Big Ivan »

Gents,

Nice idea but unfortunately it didn't seem to work on my machine. I may have to accept there is a compatibility problem here for the moment.

Big Ivan
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
Assistant Forum Moderator for CS and CSx2 at The Blitz Wargaming Club.
User avatar
marcbarker
Posts: 1213
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:58 pm

RE: Map making issues & VISTA

Post by marcbarker »

I have ultimate and premium. i have note tested on ultimate yet. Is there video card issues maybe?
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
2. John Tiller's Battleground Series
3. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
4. Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
8. Rise and Fall of the Third Re
User avatar
Big Ivan
Posts: 2032
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:34 am
Location: Mansfield, Ohio USA

RE: Map making issues & VISTA

Post by Big Ivan »

Hi Jason,

Here is another map making issue I thought you should be aware of if you're not already.

The slider for Bocage in map making does not work either through Windows XP or Vista. I'm running both operating systems through different computers. I first began noticing the problem in playing the DCG "Caen & Beyond" After seven scenarios there was no Bocage to be found. Then I tried making a couple of maps and put the slider on full and three-quarters. No bocage!

Maybe someone can look into that for the next upgrade.
Thanks
Big Ivan
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
Assistant Forum Moderator for CS and CSx2 at The Blitz Wargaming Club.
User avatar
CaptainHuge
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:38 pm
Location: Ottawa, Canada

RE: Map making issues & VISTA

Post by CaptainHuge »

Was anything resolved about the garbled boxes?  I have Vista and I have to guess as to the percentages of terrain.
Post Reply

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”