2by3 Games: Please Do "War in the Mediterranean"

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Post Reply
GaryChildress
Posts: 6933
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: The Divided Nations of Earth

2by3 Games: Please Do "War in the Mediterranean"

Post by GaryChildress »

What is the status on War in the Mediterranean? Is 2by3 ever going to pick up their original proposal? I know anything is possible and nothing is written entirely in stone but I for one think a War in the Mediterranean based upon the War in the Pacific engine would be divine!! [8D]

EDIT: I believe Fremen is devotedly working on a scenario but if I'm not mistaken there are limitations to how well WITP will translate into a WITM.
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: 2by3 Games: Please Do "War in the Mediterranean"

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Let them take a couple of years to do the new WiR first...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
GaryChildress
Posts: 6933
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: The Divided Nations of Earth

RE: 2by3 Games: Please Do "War in the Mediterranean"

Post by GaryChildress »

I look forward to WiR as well. Carrier Force I'm a little skeptical of. I think before seeing a Carrier enhancement of UV I would rather see a War in the Mediterrranean. But WiR would be great for a next release.

Or even more ideal: I would love to see an ultra modable WitP in which any map could be applied to the engine and used with equal playability. That would be heaven! [8D]
User avatar
MadmanRick
Posts: 579
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:39 pm
Location: New York City, U.S.A.

RE: 2by3 Games: Please Do "War in the Mediterranean"

Post by MadmanRick »

I've played the WitM mod and I thought (despite its' rough edges and inherent limitations) that it was well done and a nice little extension of WitP! I was one of those that was disappointed when it was announced that "Bomb Alley" (or whatever it was to be called) was cancelled. I would surely put some of my hard earned $$$ into WitM! I'd actually rather have seen WitM go into production, than WPO, although I did buy WPO. Just my 2 cents though.
Image
"Our lives begin to end the moment we become silent about things that matter". Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
GaryChildress
Posts: 6933
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: The Divided Nations of Earth

RE: 2by3 Games: Please Do "War in the Mediterranean"

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: MadmanRick

I've played the WitM mod and I thought (despite its' rough edges and inherent limitations) that it was well done and a nice little extension of WitP! I was one of those that was disappointed when it was announced that "Bomb Alley" (or whatever it was to be called) was cancelled. I would surely put some of my hard earned $$$ into WitM! I'd actually rather have seen WitM go into production, than WPO, although I did buy WPO. Just my 2 cents though.

I agree. It would have been great if Tankerace had done WitM. I bought WPO also. I haven't played it in a long time but I have to say Tankerace did do an A1+ job on it. (And I'm not just saying that because I'm in the leaders database as merchant ship captain! [:D]) I like probably almost anything made with the WITP engine. WitP is my all time favorite turn based grand strategy game. Maybe we could get Tankerace to update his WPO by doing a WitM version! [:D]

And while I'm on all time favorite game engines I'll throw in that my favorite RTS game engine is most definitely the Close Combat series.


canadaexile
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:59 pm
Location: Halifax Canada

RE: 2by3 Games: Please Do "War in the Mediterranean"

Post by canadaexile »

I would like to play WITM against the AI. Still a novice at WITP. Think it would be a great expansion, better than WIR and although I would no help to anyone in the development apart from a "beta" tester  I would love to see it.
User avatar
Josans
Posts: 1692
Joined: Sat May 26, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Barcelona (Spain)

RE: 2by3 Games: Please Do "War in the Mediterranean"

Post by Josans »

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

What is the status on War in the Mediterranean? Is 2by3 ever going to pick up their original proposal? I know anything is possible and nothing is written entirely in stone but I for one think a War in the Mediterranean based upon the War in the Pacific engine would be divine!! [8D]

EDIT: I believe Fremen is devotedly working on a scenario but if I'm not mistaken there are limitations to how well WITP will translate into a WITM.

Now Gary and Joel, and testers all we are focused on East Front. You will see a great game here! And, yes, why not a Med front in the future? I hope Gary look to this point but the wir remake will change all[:)] You will see[;)]
Image

SSG Korsun Pocket Decisive Battles Beta Tester
GG´s War in the East Alpha Tester
E
Posts: 1247
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:14 am

RE: 2by3 Games: Please Do "War in the Mediterranean"

Post by E »

ORIGINAL: MadmanRick

I was one of those that was disappointed when it was announced that "Bomb Alley" (or whatever it was to be called) was cancelled.

Bomb Alley by Grigsby has already been released....




Image
Attachments
bombaley.gif
bombaley.gif (4.09 KiB) Viewed 325 times
"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.

Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!
Grell
Posts: 1064
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:16 pm
Location: Canada

RE: 2by3 Games: Please Do "War in the Mediterranean"

Post by Grell »

I'd prefer War in Russia myself.

Regards,

Grell
User avatar
Capt. Harlock
Posts: 5379
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

RE: 2by3 Games: Please Do "War in the Mediterranean"

Post by Capt. Harlock »

ORIGINAL: E


Bomb Alley by Grigsby has already been released....

And it's available at:
http://www.virtualapple.org/bomballeydisk.html

Be aware the AI will only play the Allied side . . .[:(]
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
User avatar
Valkyrie
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

RE: 2by3 Games: Please Do "War in the Mediterranean"

Post by Valkyrie »

ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock

ORIGINAL: E


Bomb Alley by Grigsby has already been released....

And it's available at:
http://www.virtualapple.org/bomballeydisk.html

Be aware the AI will only play the Allied side . . .[:(]

I owned that game, but never could get into it like I did into Grigsby's Guadalcanal, my first computer wargame ever! Just think, the list price for these Apple II games was $59.95 in 1979 dollars. That would be $100 (or more) in today's currency. Enjoy the value that we see today in comparison.
Signature? Maybe someday over the rainbow.
E
Posts: 1247
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:14 am

RE: 2by3 Games: Please Do "War in the Mediterranean"

Post by E »

ORIGINAL: Grell

I'd prefer War in Russia myself.

Regards,

Grell

That's out now too!...

Image
Attachments
warrussi.gif
warrussi.gif (7.74 KiB) Viewed 325 times
"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.

Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!
User avatar
SuluSea
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:13 pm

RE: 2by3 Games: Please Do "War in the Mediterranean"

Post by SuluSea »

After playing WITP and loving it , there is no question I would buy WITM the day (hypothetically) it's released.[8D]
"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”