A bug that seems to live forever....

Pacific War is a free update of the old classic, available in our Downloads section.
Post Reply
leknes
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Norway
Contact:

A bug that seems to live forever....

Post by leknes »

Someone must have posted about this bug before, but it's still around...and it's really bothersome.

As the Japanese player, troops have a bad knack of dissappearing!

The most usual trigger:
I want to load a unit on transports, I activate the unit and press "ALT/T" to get transports. Then I try to load but the transports have only room for 33% of the unit :p Ok, I cancell and now the unit has dissappeared, sometimes it reappears the next turn and sometimes not.

This is frustrating, first you have the troop movement, invasion plan etc spoiled and then you loose the unit.

Another problem is the transport of divided units.
Eg: I divide the 24th Inf division and load the 1/24 Bd.
When the transports unload the 1/24 Bd, nothing happens.
The 1/24 Bd is gone and the 24th Div has been halved for no dividend at all...ARGH ;)

This bug has cost me lots of units in my last pbem game and has plagued the game since I purchased the original when it was first released.

Can someone pls pls try to make a fix for this :))

Thx a lot!
Hammer
Bernard
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:32 am
Location: Belgium

Post by Bernard »

Not only for Jap.
Just ad the same with US/Allied.
However, if you then select the HQ to which your troop is attached and ask for the list of the troops, you'll have the surprise to see it is loaded.

I then loaded another unit and checked again. both unit were listed as loaded on my TF. Only one showed on my transports.
I had the surprise to see that my troops (both) landed were I sent the TF. Didn't redo it, but it would solve transportation problems, wouldn't it ?

Another problem linked to what you say is the inability of dividing units : there seems to be a limit. once reached, you cannot divide anymore. wich means tou can then load a division of 1200 squad on a single APD (at least the unit is shonw on the APD and not anymore on the original base). However it seems only the fraction corresponding to the capacity of the ships will be disembarked at arrival. But nice for evacuation !
Best regards.
Ben

Verzage ni
Post Reply

Return to “Pacific War: The Matrix Edition”