and more... bugs?
Moderator: Tankerace
and more... bugs?
it seems beyond turn 500 some kind of a wizard is overriding the game.
Now a couple of A6M5 Zeke got missing. They just vanished. Tracked them in the pool, where they mounted up to 17. Next turn, the number fell down on 4 (still "0" used) and 13 more A6M3 Zero were added into the pool. OK folks, looks as if an upgrade took place. But nothing at all took place. No squadron got upgraded into Zekes. I checked all & everything. Even those daitais at flattops still in the que. Nil. Its three turns ago now, these A/C just vanished from reality.
[font="Trebuchet MS"]Where the heck are they gone???[/font]
more [&:][&:][&:][:@][:@][:@][&:][&:][&:]
Now a couple of A6M5 Zeke got missing. They just vanished. Tracked them in the pool, where they mounted up to 17. Next turn, the number fell down on 4 (still "0" used) and 13 more A6M3 Zero were added into the pool. OK folks, looks as if an upgrade took place. But nothing at all took place. No squadron got upgraded into Zekes. I checked all & everything. Even those daitais at flattops still in the que. Nil. Its three turns ago now, these A/C just vanished from reality.
[font="Trebuchet MS"]Where the heck are they gone???[/font]
more [&:][&:][&:][:@][:@][:@][&:][&:][&:]
RE: and more... bugs?
Perhaps High Command reassigned them to another theatre from under your nose. It happens...
RE: and more... bugs?
You perhaps have some operational squadrons with the planes in question that have suffered combat or ops loses that these planes were possibly used as replacement ac?
Complaining about the bugs won't help as UV, as I'm sure you already know, is no longer supported as it's 7 years old and long out of the cycle. Luckily it got patches due to WITP being worked on, but now with CF being developed it wouldn't make economic sense for Matrix to patch UV any longer. Though WIPT looks daunting once you've jumped in it's addictive like you wouldn't believe and easier to do than it 1st appears. With AE on the horizon the game's bugs will hopefully be dealt with and added controls will make for an even richer experience.
Complaining about the bugs won't help as UV, as I'm sure you already know, is no longer supported as it's 7 years old and long out of the cycle. Luckily it got patches due to WITP being worked on, but now with CF being developed it wouldn't make economic sense for Matrix to patch UV any longer. Though WIPT looks daunting once you've jumped in it's addictive like you wouldn't believe and easier to do than it 1st appears. With AE on the horizon the game's bugs will hopefully be dealt with and added controls will make for an even richer experience.
Todd
I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
RE: and more... bugs?
thanks for the reply Todd.
Of course I am well aware UV won´t get any more patches. I never expected something like this when "complaining" about those troubles. They´re just annoying and I wanted to see if anyone has experienced that too, offering a solution, maybe... [;)]
WitP truly looks too complex instantly. Especially that the entire Chinese theatre is included and there aren´t any "medium size" scenarios available which could be able to draw my interest...
But I guess once the day will come I step in though[;)]
What´s special with the AE edition in contrast to WitP "Standard"?
Of course I am well aware UV won´t get any more patches. I never expected something like this when "complaining" about those troubles. They´re just annoying and I wanted to see if anyone has experienced that too, offering a solution, maybe... [;)]
WitP truly looks too complex instantly. Especially that the entire Chinese theatre is included and there aren´t any "medium size" scenarios available which could be able to draw my interest...
But I guess once the day will come I step in though[;)]
What´s special with the AE edition in contrast to WitP "Standard"?
and more... occult disappearance
OK, next miracle...
A small INF unit (NavGsn) just vanished into nowhere. It was based on an island garrison, which never got bombed. So I cant´t understand the whereabouts!?! Though there were no naval or any other supply runs to there, but a certain unit can not just go missing completely!?
Once more... [&:][&:][&:][:@][:@][:@][&:][&:][&:]
A small INF unit (NavGsn) just vanished into nowhere. It was based on an island garrison, which never got bombed. So I cant´t understand the whereabouts!?! Though there were no naval or any other supply runs to there, but a certain unit can not just go missing completely!?
Once more... [&:][&:][&:][:@][:@][:@][&:][&:][&:]
RE: and more... occult disappearance
I've had subs just vanish without trace. Never attacked, sailed from port and just were never heard from again, and disappeared into a black or blue hole north of Kavening.
Don't know if this is a bug, intentional or what! [&:]
Don't know if this is a bug, intentional or what! [&:]
RE: and more... occult disappearance
maybe the "Fog of War" is not just thick, its even lethal sometimes.
Okay, I would agree to certain units get lost without trace (your sub issue for example - lost to mechanical failure, also an A/C squadron lost in a heavy typhoon) - but in this case we should expect some kind of a "MIA" status announced or set them on the loss list after a squadron or single vessel is overdue.
But just vanishing from earth isn´t acceptable at all. IMHO, its just a bug.
What do ya think?
Okay, I would agree to certain units get lost without trace (your sub issue for example - lost to mechanical failure, also an A/C squadron lost in a heavy typhoon) - but in this case we should expect some kind of a "MIA" status announced or set them on the loss list after a squadron or single vessel is overdue.
But just vanishing from earth isn´t acceptable at all. IMHO, its just a bug.
What do ya think?
-
Kingfisher
- Posts: 234
- Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:25 am
RE: and more... occult disappearance
ORIGINAL: RGIJN
OK, next miracle...
A small INF unit (NavGsn) just vanished into nowhere. It was based on an island garrison, which never got bombed. So I cant´t understand the whereabouts!?! Though there were no naval or any other supply runs to there, but a certain unit can not just go missing completely!?
Once more... [&:][&:][&:][:@][:@][:@][&:][&:][&:]
What do you mean by 'island garrison'? Is it an actual base or just a hex in the jungle? What is the level of support and supply for that hex?
According to the manual:
Defensive and offensive fire of land units low on supplies will be reduced. Once a unit has less supplies than its reported supply need, it stands a chance of
having its combat fire reduced. Once totally out of supplies, it will eventually have its fire greatly reduced.Ground units will gain fatigue every turn. More
fatigue will be suffered by troops that are marching or in combat. Each turn, units will attempt to reduce their accumulated fatigue. The following items
impact the amount of fatigue reduced:
1) The amount of support available in the hex versus the support required by the units in the hex. Units that are in hexes that have support available that
equal or exceed the support required for that hex will reduce the greatest amount of fatigue. The less support available, the less fatigue is reduced.
2) Whether the unit is in a malaria-free zone. Truk, Noumea, Goro, Basse-Poya, Koumac, Brisbane, Rockhampton, Townsville, Charter Towers, and Cairns are
considered malaria-free zones. Units in these hexes will reduce the most fatigue.
3) Whether the unit is occupying a base, and the size of the base. Units occupying a base will reduce more fatigue. The larger the base (airfield size plus
port size) the greater the fatigue reduction.
4) The supply level of the unit. A unit that has supplies equal to or greater than its supply need will reduce more fatigue. The less supplies the unit has
below its needs, the less the fatigue reduction.
When a unit’s fatigue level gets high, elements of the unit will slowly become disabled. When a unit has more disabled elements than non-disabled, it will
begin to have elements destroyed instead of just disabled due to high fatigue.
"splendid was their tactic of diving upon our force from the direction of the sun, taking advantage of intermittent clouds"
-Captain Takahisa Amagai, KAGA, June 4th 1942
-Captain Takahisa Amagai, KAGA, June 4th 1942
RE: and more... occult disappearance
So you're saying they all succombed to some mysterious exotic disease or were eaten by cannibals?? [&:]
RE: and more... occult disappearance
Since I don´t want to reveal too much here, I cannot say something else...
I know that units will suffer some decrease in numbers, but never experienced to have one completely wiped out by "exotic disease or cannibals" as Chris noted...[;)]
As always: If you can't fix it, you gotta stand it!
I know that units will suffer some decrease in numbers, but never experienced to have one completely wiped out by "exotic disease or cannibals" as Chris noted...[;)]
As always: If you can't fix it, you gotta stand it!
RE: and more... occult disappearance
Lost the unit to malaria and other diseases due to lack of support? It really happened in this area of ops.
A sub lost without a trace? Sounds real to me. Just joking as in the game there should always be a report for your loses.
A sub lost without a trace? Sounds real to me. Just joking as in the game there should always be a report for your loses.
Todd
I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
RE: and more... occult disappearance
Agreed, my sub (the Pickerel) has just disappeared without trace. Not on the map (searched by ship), not listed as sunk, not even gone back to being in Pearl or waiting to be dispatched. Just has ceased to exist, gone into the great Bermuda Triangle of the South-West Pacific...
RE: and more... occult disappearance
as said before, its OK as along as you get some "lost" (to unknown causes) notice someday... Of course especially a sub can get lost anywhere for any reason.
I think you can write letters home to Pickerel´s family members...
I think you can write letters home to Pickerel´s family members...
-
Kingfisher
- Posts: 234
- Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:25 am
RE: and more... occult disappearance
ORIGINAL: xj900uk
So you're saying they all succombed to some mysterious exotic disease or were eaten by cannibals?? [&:]
It didn't take much to render a unit combat ineffective in the Solomons (or New Guinea), and once past that point it's a short ride to complete disintegration.
Consider that by November the allies were reasonably well established within the Lunga perimeter, with plenty of support and supplies on hand, yet over 3,000 men were admitted to the hospital with Malaria.
"splendid was their tactic of diving upon our force from the direction of the sun, taking advantage of intermittent clouds"
-Captain Takahisa Amagai, KAGA, June 4th 1942
-Captain Takahisa Amagai, KAGA, June 4th 1942
RE: Unit spliting
I have noticed the loss of 5 units in my game w/ Ike99. The most alarming was the complete disappearance of the 503rd Para. All these units came back at Brisbane 2 weeks later. I suspect as the game moves into the 2nd half the number of units are hard for the program to handle. An exerbating factor is the split off of many units to solve tactical problems. For example instead of just the 109th base force u have the 2/109 at irau, the 3/109 at lunga and the 4th/109 at Russell island. So maybe the game design just needs help w more units than originally designed.
Please do not change any game combat formulas.
Please do not change any game combat formulas.
-
Kingfisher
- Posts: 234
- Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:25 am
RE: Unit spliting
ORIGINAL: bigred
I have noticed the loss of 5 units in my game w/ Ike99. The most alarming was the complete disappearance of the 503rd Para. All these units came back at Brisbane 2 weeks later. I suspect as the game moves into the 2nd half the number of units are hard for the program to handle.
Funny you should mention that, as I am currently experiencing something along those lines in my current game. It is July of 43 and for the last 2 months Truk continued to receive bits and pieces of units already deployed. No matter how much I try I can not keep up with the influx, and just getting the pieces reunited with the parent formation is one hell of a tedious chore. I can't count the number of times I shipped part of the 18th base force from Truk to Gasmata. As soon as the transports leave Truk harbor that another fragment shows up.
"splendid was their tactic of diving upon our force from the direction of the sun, taking advantage of intermittent clouds"
-Captain Takahisa Amagai, KAGA, June 4th 1942
-Captain Takahisa Amagai, KAGA, June 4th 1942
RE: Unit spliting
I would bet your replacements at truk are just that. Replacements for losses by units in the field. I beleive this is discussed in the manual. But all this clutter of many units may be having an effect on the program to keep track of all the units. Not sure, just a hunch.

