Is it not time to mobilize the Panther War College?
Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul
Is it not time to mobilize the Panther War College?
Hello!
I am (just like everyone else here) eagerly awaiting the release of BFTB and belive its high time to get the PWC project going again. I have been invading Crete quite a few times this last week, and I am still amazed on how good and realistic the engine portrays combined arms operations. Real life military tactics, good logistics planning and intelligence preparations wins the day, every day. No complicated rules, just a good simulation with just the right level of abstraction. The few gripes I have had will be long gone with the updates the BFTB brings.
Now back to the point...
I was one of the few that participated as a "student" in the PWC for COTA. It was a great initiative that sadly faded away [:(]. I however feel that it deserves a fresh start with the upcoming release and I would like to step forward as a volunteer to do some "classes" to promote the game and bring a wider understanding into the mechanichs of the game, offer tactical thinking and planning (i.e an optional even deeper level of realism)
Is anyone else interested? [&:]
I am (just like everyone else here) eagerly awaiting the release of BFTB and belive its high time to get the PWC project going again. I have been invading Crete quite a few times this last week, and I am still amazed on how good and realistic the engine portrays combined arms operations. Real life military tactics, good logistics planning and intelligence preparations wins the day, every day. No complicated rules, just a good simulation with just the right level of abstraction. The few gripes I have had will be long gone with the updates the BFTB brings.
Now back to the point...
I was one of the few that participated as a "student" in the PWC for COTA. It was a great initiative that sadly faded away [:(]. I however feel that it deserves a fresh start with the upcoming release and I would like to step forward as a volunteer to do some "classes" to promote the game and bring a wider understanding into the mechanichs of the game, offer tactical thinking and planning (i.e an optional even deeper level of realism)
Is anyone else interested? [&:]
RE: Is it not time to mobilize the Panther War College?
I would certainly be interested to join as a student. I am eagerly awaiting this game. I love Highway to the Reich.
RE: Is it not time to mobilize the Panther War College?
Pergite,
So, you must have been the one who graduated? Well, I am glad to have met you!
Yes, PWC was not one of the most fruitful initiatives over the years. Only rivaled by my effort to provide French language support and get an abridged game manual in French. Quelle domage!
So, you must have been the one who graduated? Well, I am glad to have met you!
Yes, PWC was not one of the most fruitful initiatives over the years. Only rivaled by my effort to provide French language support and get an abridged game manual in French. Quelle domage!
2021 - Resigned in writing as a 20+ year Matrix Beta and never looked back ...
RE: Is it not time to mobilize the Panther War College?
I never could seem to find the time to learn COTA, but I would be willing to sign up for the College...
I want to learn COTA, but I would start the tutorials and never have time to finish them. By the time I got back into the tutorial at a later date, just repeat last sentence.
I really do want to learn the game. [8|]
I want to learn COTA, but I would start the tutorials and never have time to finish them. By the time I got back into the tutorial at a later date, just repeat last sentence.
I really do want to learn the game. [8|]
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
RE: Is it not time to mobilize the Panther War College?
sabre1,
I'm hoping that by using a series of short tutorial movies for BFTB we can cover the ground in stages and make it easier for people to get into the system.
I'm hoping that by using a series of short tutorial movies for BFTB we can cover the ground in stages and make it easier for people to get into the system.
RE: Is it not time to mobilize the Panther War College?
I would say try this.
(1) Turn off order delays.
(2) Just issue [D]efend, [M]ove, and [A]ttack orders (skip the others) in a simple scenario with no bridge stuff or exits.
See what happens and see what you can accomplish. Learning by playing and self experimentation is just as valid as intense manual study.
Give it a try.
(1) Turn off order delays.
(2) Just issue [D]efend, [M]ove, and [A]ttack orders (skip the others) in a simple scenario with no bridge stuff or exits.
See what happens and see what you can accomplish. Learning by playing and self experimentation is just as valid as intense manual study.
Give it a try.
2021 - Resigned in writing as a 20+ year Matrix Beta and never looked back ...
RE: Is it not time to mobilize the Panther War College?
ORIGINAL: MarkShot
Pergite,
So, you must have been the one who graduated? Well, I am glad to have met you!
Yes, PWC was not one of the most fruitful initiatives over the years. Only rivaled by my effort to provide French language support and get an abridged game manual in French. Quelle domage!![]()
As for the PWC I thought Chelco did put in a good effort while it was up and running. If I write up a few basic short articles (something in the lines of the principles of warfare in a panther games perspective) is there any interest of putting them on the homepage as a tactics primer of sorts?
I can only recommend you for your unselfish work with promoting the rights of often so overlooked francophone people of the world. [:D]
Bonne nuit!
RE: Is it not time to mobilize the Panther War College?
Whose home page? Matrix? PG? You could also publish at the WG or elsewhere. Also, I believe there are a couple of PG series fan sites.
Well, for Matrix or PG, that would be for Dave O'Connor to address. For the WG, I could introduce you to the right guy.
Well, for Matrix or PG, that would be for Dave O'Connor to address. For the WG, I could introduce you to the right guy.
2021 - Resigned in writing as a 20+ year Matrix Beta and never looked back ...
RE: Is it not time to mobilize the Panther War College?
ORIGINAL: MarkShot
Whose home page? Matrix? PG? You could also publish at the WG or elsewhere. Also, I believe there are a couple of PG series fan sites.
Well, for Matrix or PG, that would be for Dave O'Connor to address. For the WG, I could introduce you to the right guy.
We have a saying over here that its not advisable to sell the pelt before the bear is slain, i.e I better write something before I start to worry about where to put it.
RE: Is it not time to mobilize the Panther War College?
Speaking of phrases with animals, one I have heard quite a bit is "running too many hares", but I don't recall the French. I guess the English would be "too many irons in the fire". 
Yep, you best write something first. I had a guy who was translating the COTA manual into Korean (Hangul). He actually sent me an early draft, but then he simply disappeared. However, he possibly got further along than our team of four working on the French version.
Oh well ... Although unfair, it seems the best wargaming experience will continue to be denied to those who cannot read English.
Yep, you best write something first. I had a guy who was translating the COTA manual into Korean (Hangul). He actually sent me an early draft, but then he simply disappeared. However, he possibly got further along than our team of four working on the French version.
Oh well ... Although unfair, it seems the best wargaming experience will continue to be denied to those who cannot read English.
2021 - Resigned in writing as a 20+ year Matrix Beta and never looked back ...
RE: Is it not time to mobilize the Panther War College?
Immersion tip #1 "Planning"
I had a couple of hours to spare this morning so I got productive. I usually do this in my head before starting up a battle, regardless of wargame. I now however decided to put something on paper for the masses to glout at. [;)]
I had a couple of hours to spare this morning so I got productive. I usually do this in my head before starting up a battle, regardless of wargame. I now however decided to put something on paper for the masses to glout at. [;)]
RE: Is it not time to mobilize the Panther War College?
ORIGINAL: Pergite!
... I was one of the few that participated as a "student" in the PWC for COTA. It was a great initiative that sadly faded away [:(]. I however feel that it deserves a fresh start with the upcoming release and I would like to step forward as a volunteer to do some "classes" to promote the game and bring a wider understanding into the mechanichs of the game, offer tactical thinking and planning (i.e an optional even deeper level of realism)
Is anyone else interested? [&:]
I might be interested if I knew what PWC actually was.
I read the thread, but I still don't get it; perhaps because I couldn't get into CoTA, but I still have HttR while eagerly awaiting BftB.
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]
[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
[/center][center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
RE: Is it not time to mobilize the Panther War College?
ORIGINAL: Joe D.
ORIGINAL: Pergite!
... I was one of the few that participated as a "student" in the PWC for COTA. It was a great initiative that sadly faded away [:(]. I however feel that it deserves a fresh start with the upcoming release and I would like to step forward as a volunteer to do some "classes" to promote the game and bring a wider understanding into the mechanichs of the game, offer tactical thinking and planning (i.e an optional even deeper level of realism)
Is anyone else interested? [&:]
I might be interested if I knew what PWC actually was.
I read the thread, but I still don't get it; perhaps because I couldn't get into CoTA, but I still have HttR while eagerly awaiting BftB.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=415
You need to show older posts because otherwise the forum looks rather empyt.
RE: Is it not time to mobilize the Panther War College?
ORIGINAL: Pergite!
... You need to show older posts because otherwise the forum looks rather empyt.
Yes, I only saw Lesson 1; it looked like an illustrated AAR of a CoTA scenario.
Interesting WW II history.
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]
[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
[/center][center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
