old saves?

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
User avatar
freeboy
Posts: 8969
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 9:33 am
Location: Colorado

old saves?

Post by freeboy »

I just did the beta patch and I cannot see any of my old saves... please help also, I just saved anew, and could not find afte rexiting program where the folder is? odd PLEASE help me find my old saved games!
"Tanks forward"
User avatar
ASHBERY76
Posts: 2080
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2001 8:00 am
Location: England

RE: old saves?

Post by ASHBERY76 »

It is in the old 1.2 folder.
User avatar
freeboy
Posts: 8969
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 9:33 am
Location: Colorado

RE: old saves?

Post by freeboy »

 exactly my point, I cannot find any save folders inside my main game folder?
"Tanks forward"
User avatar
ASHBERY76
Posts: 2080
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2001 8:00 am
Location: England

RE: old saves?

Post by ASHBERY76 »

On the load game screen click on distant wolds folder and then click on 1.2
User avatar
freeboy
Posts: 8969
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 9:33 am
Location: Colorado

RE: old saves?

Post by freeboy »

Its like they are being saved in some other place... ie not inside the folder for the game?  
"Tanks forward"
User avatar
freeboy
Posts: 8969
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 9:33 am
Location: Colorado

RE: old saves?

Post by freeboy »

right, does not exist
"Tanks forward"
User avatar
freeboy
Posts: 8969
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 9:33 am
Location: Colorado

RE: old saves?

Post by freeboy »

so I found them in the folder for app data... ok.. while see whats up when I re launch the game
"Tanks forward"
User avatar
freeboy
Posts: 8969
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 9:33 am
Location: Colorado

RE: old saves?

Post by freeboy »

wow, that was really difficult to find.. the folder did not auto pop in the screen, so while not a but definately an odity.. I had to scrol through several levels, and typing the name of the file, saved game, did not bring it up! thanks  for the help, momentary panic session over! lol
"Tanks forward"
User avatar
freeboy
Posts: 8969
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 9:33 am
Location: Colorado

RE: old saves?

Post by freeboy »

somehow the WINDOWAS portion of finding the folders was screwy.. they just where not available! Now that I accessed them.. the browser at teh load gae is active.. probably a windows issue, BUT wanted you all to know about it thanks again
"Tanks forward"
User avatar
Andrew Loveridge
Posts: 538
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:47 pm

RE: old saves?

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

It does default to C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Code Force Limited\Distant Worlds\1.0.3.0\SavedGames with the new patch and there are separate folders for each previous version.  The AppData is a hidden folder by default.  But you can create/designate any folder to hold your saves, when you use the "save as" option.
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”