I just started playing the game and had what appears to be display errors after patching to V1.0.2
Technically it's not a CTD but rather a white screen with a red X over it...looks like a display error. After saving and loading again I can resume the game for a while until it does the same again.
************** Ausnahmetext ************** System.ArgumentException: Ungültiger Parameter.
bei System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Int32 width, Int32 height, PixelFormat format)
bei DistantWorlds.Controls.MainView.0HC3dSbLUbSxUQj(Habitat , Bitmap , Bitmap )
bei DistantWorlds.Controls.MainView.0jADydhfkTRXF1ER933(Graphics )
bei DistantWorlds.Controls.MainView.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
************** Geladene Assemblys ************** mscorlib
Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900).
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll. ---------------------------------------- MC
Assembly-Version: 3.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900).
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll. ---------------------------------------- mscorlib.resources
Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900).
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms
Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900).
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll. ---------------------------------------- System
Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900).
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing
Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900).
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll. ---------------------------------------- ??‹–?š‡šš?Œ?˜“‘‰†Ž‰
Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900).
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll. ---------------------------------------- License
Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900).
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll. ---------------------------------------- DistantWorlds
Assembly-Version: 1.0.2.0.
Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900).
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll. ---------------------------------------- DistantWorlds.Controls
Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.1920.
Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.
CodeBase: file:///E:/Games/DW/DistantWorlds.Controls.DLL. ---------------------------------------- AxInterop.WMPLib
Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.
CodeBase: file:///E:/Games/DW/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL. ---------------------------------------- DistantWorlds.Types
Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.1919.
Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.
CodeBase: file:///E:/Games/DW/DistantWorlds.Types.DLL. ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms.resources
Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900).
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll. ---------------------------------------- Interop.WMPLib
Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.
CodeBase: file:///E:/Games/DW/Interop.WMPLib.DLL. ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound
Assembly-Version: 1.0.2902.0.
Win32-Version: 5.04.00.2904.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Deployment
Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900).
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Deployment.resources
Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900).
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.resources.dll. ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly-Version: 8.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900).
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll. ---------------------------------------- PresentationCore
Assembly-Version: 3.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 3.0.6920.4902 built by: NetFXw7.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/PresentationCore/3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll. ---------------------------------------- WindowsBase
Assembly-Version: 3.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 3.0.6920.4902 built by: NetFXw7.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll. ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.DirectX
Assembly-Version: 1.0.2902.0.
Win32-Version: 5.04.00.2904.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Runtime.Serialization
Assembly-Version: 3.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 3.0.4506.4926 (NetFXw7.030729-4900).
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/3.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Xml
Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900).
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll. ---------------------------------------- SMDiagnostics
Assembly-Version: 3.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 3.0.4506.4926 (NetFXw7.030729-4900).
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/SMDiagnostics/3.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/SMDiagnostics.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Configuration
Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900).
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll. ---------------------------------------- system.runtime.serialization.resources
Assembly-Version: 3.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 3.0.4506.4926 (NetFXw7.030729-4900).
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization.resources/3.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.resources.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing.resources
Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900).
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.resources.dll. ----------------------------------------
System Information:
Win 7 x64 I7 920 6 GB Triple Channel ram ATI RADEON HD4870 2 GB DDR5 RAM
Display Error (Patch V1.0.2)
- Erik Rutins
- Posts: 39783
- Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
- Location: Vermont, USA
- Contact:
RE: Display Error (Patch V1.0.2)
Please try this with 1.0.3, I believe this one was fixed.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
Freedom is not Free.
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
Freedom is not Free.
RE: Display Error (Patch V1.0.2)
Thanks for your help Erik, the issue seems to be resolved since I cannot start Distant Worlds any more [:D]
The Error Message I get whenever I start a new game is:
Error Code: ShwInt System.MissingMethodException: Methode nicht gefunden: "Int32 DistantWorlds.Types.GameOptions.get_AutoSaveInterval()". bei DistantWorlds.FPRG9SnyW4g() bei DistantWorlds.Main.ProgramLoop()
If I try to open the Options Menu in order to maybe change the autosave intervals I get the following error message:
Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.
************** Ausnahmetext ************** System.MissingMethodException: Methode nicht gefunden: "Int32 DistantWorlds.Types.GameOptions.get_AutoSaveInterval()". bei DistantWorlds.Start.UqmwuB7E2k2TmqSW22955wAb() bei DistantWorlds.Start.ndmilvW6nQYK1n67tlTGVbVCQlDYaSMRL() bei DistantWorlds.Start.Usw3Nt19lRJS48RLB2SR9eD6Xc7L04GcLGlrkDl(Object , LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs ) bei System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnLinkClicked(LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e) bei System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.WndProc(Message& msg) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
************** Geladene Assemblys ************** mscorlib Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll. ---------------------------------------- MC Assembly-Version: 3.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll. ---------------------------------------- mscorlib.resources Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll. ---------------------------------------- System Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll. ---------------------------------------- ‡‡Œ˜“–Œ††’š‡?‹‡?”“ Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll. ---------------------------------------- License Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll. ---------------------------------------- DistantWorlds Assembly-Version: 1.0.3.0. Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll. ---------------------------------------- DistantWorlds.Controls Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.1920. Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0. CodeBase: file:///E:/Games/DW/DistantWorlds.Controls.DLL. ---------------------------------------- AxInterop.WMPLib Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0. CodeBase: file:///E:/Games/DW/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL. ---------------------------------------- DistantWorlds.Types Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.1919. Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0. CodeBase: file:///E:/Games/DW/DistantWorlds.Types.DLL. ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms.resources Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll. ---------------------------------------- Interop.WMPLib Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0. CodeBase: file:///E:/Games/DW/Interop.WMPLib.DLL. ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound Assembly-Version: 1.0.2902.0. Win32-Version: 5.04.00.2904. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Deployment Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Deployment.resources Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.resources.dll. ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.VisualBasic Assembly-Version: 8.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll. ---------------------------------------- PresentationCore Assembly-Version: 3.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 3.0.6920.4902 built by: NetFXw7. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/PresentationCore/3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll. ---------------------------------------- WindowsBase Assembly-Version: 3.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 3.0.6920.4902 built by: NetFXw7. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll. ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.DirectX Assembly-Version: 1.0.2902.0. Win32-Version: 5.04.00.2904. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.dll. ----------------------------------------
The Error Message I get whenever I start a new game is:
Error Code: ShwInt System.MissingMethodException: Methode nicht gefunden: "Int32 DistantWorlds.Types.GameOptions.get_AutoSaveInterval()". bei DistantWorlds.FPRG9SnyW4g() bei DistantWorlds.Main.ProgramLoop()
If I try to open the Options Menu in order to maybe change the autosave intervals I get the following error message:
Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.
************** Ausnahmetext ************** System.MissingMethodException: Methode nicht gefunden: "Int32 DistantWorlds.Types.GameOptions.get_AutoSaveInterval()". bei DistantWorlds.Start.UqmwuB7E2k2TmqSW22955wAb() bei DistantWorlds.Start.ndmilvW6nQYK1n67tlTGVbVCQlDYaSMRL() bei DistantWorlds.Start.Usw3Nt19lRJS48RLB2SR9eD6Xc7L04GcLGlrkDl(Object , LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs ) bei System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnLinkClicked(LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e) bei System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.WndProc(Message& msg) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
************** Geladene Assemblys ************** mscorlib Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll. ---------------------------------------- MC Assembly-Version: 3.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll. ---------------------------------------- mscorlib.resources Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll. ---------------------------------------- System Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll. ---------------------------------------- ‡‡Œ˜“–Œ††’š‡?‹‡?”“ Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll. ---------------------------------------- License Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll. ---------------------------------------- DistantWorlds Assembly-Version: 1.0.3.0. Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll. ---------------------------------------- DistantWorlds.Controls Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.1920. Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0. CodeBase: file:///E:/Games/DW/DistantWorlds.Controls.DLL. ---------------------------------------- AxInterop.WMPLib Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0. CodeBase: file:///E:/Games/DW/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL. ---------------------------------------- DistantWorlds.Types Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.1919. Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0. CodeBase: file:///E:/Games/DW/DistantWorlds.Types.DLL. ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms.resources Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll. ---------------------------------------- Interop.WMPLib Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0. CodeBase: file:///E:/Games/DW/Interop.WMPLib.DLL. ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound Assembly-Version: 1.0.2902.0. Win32-Version: 5.04.00.2904. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Deployment Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Deployment.resources Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.resources.dll. ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.VisualBasic Assembly-Version: 8.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll. ---------------------------------------- PresentationCore Assembly-Version: 3.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 3.0.6920.4902 built by: NetFXw7. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/PresentationCore/3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll. ---------------------------------------- WindowsBase Assembly-Version: 3.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 3.0.6920.4902 built by: NetFXw7. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll. ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.DirectX Assembly-Version: 1.0.2902.0. Win32-Version: 5.04.00.2904. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.dll. ----------------------------------------
- Erik Rutins
- Posts: 39783
- Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
- Location: Vermont, USA
- Contact:
RE: Display Error (Patch V1.0.2)
Can you try deleting the file "automationPrefs" in the root game folder? Otherwise we'd have to say your EXE is corrupt somehow. The recommended solution would be a complete uninstall, wipe the install folder and reinstall both the base game and the update installer (you may want to re-download the update as well).
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
Freedom is not Free.
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
Freedom is not Free.
RE: Display Error (Patch V1.0.2)
Dear Erik,
frist I wanted to thank you for your support and quick replies! While reading the different threads in tech support forum I realized how dedicated the tech support team is. Thumbs up!
Unfortunately reinstalling and downloading the patch again did not resolve the issue. However, for some reason I was not able to find the "automationPrefs" file. Maybe this is the reason why I am having trouble with the automations for autosave etc. when I start a new or saved game in the 1.0.3b version and subsequently crashing the game. I would like to try out, if placing the automationsPref in the game root folder would resolve the issue. Could you mail / upload the file to me so I can try it out?
Cheers,
Calis
frist I wanted to thank you for your support and quick replies! While reading the different threads in tech support forum I realized how dedicated the tech support team is. Thumbs up!
Unfortunately reinstalling and downloading the patch again did not resolve the issue. However, for some reason I was not able to find the "automationPrefs" file. Maybe this is the reason why I am having trouble with the automations for autosave etc. when I start a new or saved game in the 1.0.3b version and subsequently crashing the game. I would like to try out, if placing the automationsPref in the game root folder would resolve the issue. Could you mail / upload the file to me so I can try it out?
Cheers,
Calis
- Andrew Loveridge
- Posts: 538
- Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:47 pm
RE: Display Error (Patch V1.0.2)
The automationPrefs file is with the save files, which by default are in C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Code Force Limited\Distant Worlds\1.0.3.0, with the AppData being a hidden folder. If you are having trouble finding it, you can go to the Control Panel - Folder Options - View - Advanced Settings, there is an option to Show hidden files and folders.
RE: Display Error (Patch V1.0.2)
The file isn't there either I am afraid. It is in the 1.0.2 folder though, but not in the 1.0.3 folder.
- Andrew Loveridge
- Posts: 538
- Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:47 pm
RE: Display Error (Patch V1.0.2)
Could you post a DxDiag?
RE: Display Error (Patch V1.0.2)
This is the 32-bit version. If you want the 64-bit version let me know.
- Attachments
-
- DxDiag.txt
- (27.85 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

