Cargo on Resort/Defensive Bases

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
Astorax
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:50 pm

Cargo on Resort/Defensive Bases

Post by Astorax »

Is there a purpose for it? I only ask because they have as much as a spaceport and no way to build anything. It doesn't store fuel in cargo and people are stored in passenger cargo, right?

So, can I safely pare it down to just the 1 required cargo and leave them at that?
HsojVvad
Posts: 1036
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:21 pm

RE: Cargo on Resort/Defensive Bases

Post by HsojVvad »

Yeah I can't see why you can't do it. The only reason I could see them having cargo bay is for transports to give them fuel. Just incase they get attacked and have to use their generators wich could use up fuel if they have lots of firing to do and power the shields, the solar power panels might not be enough to keep up the demand so the generators (sorry forget the proper name at the moment) will have to kick in. Once the fuel is gone, there is no power to the base then if in combat.

I could be wrong, but this is the only thing I can think of.
Astorax
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:50 pm

RE: Cargo on Resort/Defensive Bases

Post by Astorax »

No, the fuel cells hold the fuel. Cargo is for everything besides fuel and people. I don't see any purpose for it, tbh.
Fishman
Posts: 795
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:56 pm

RE: Cargo on Resort/Defensive Bases

Post by Fishman »

I think that is basically the only purpose of the cargo bay, to receive fuel. Because I made a cargobay-less resort base, and this could be why it never got refuelled. Very inconvenient.
Astorax
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:50 pm

RE: Cargo on Resort/Defensive Bases

Post by Astorax »

Fishman, if thats true then there is no use for fuel cells. Its one or the other.
Fishman
Posts: 795
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:56 pm

RE: Cargo on Resort/Defensive Bases

Post by Fishman »

Apparently, fuel cells are the dominant form of fuel storage, but you may need a cargo bay to receive fuel to put in the fuel cells. That, or there's some other bizarre reason why my base never got any fuel. Maybe fuel is shipped to the base in gas cans, which someone must then pour into the gas tanks.
sbach2o
Posts: 378
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:15 am

RE: Cargo on Resort/Defensive Bases

Post by sbach2o »

ORIGINAL: Astorax

Fishman, if thats true then there is no use for fuel cells. Its one or the other.
Fuel needs to be in fuel cells to be converted into usable energy by the generator. This is how I understand it and think the game is working.

Maybe you need at least one cargo bay so any freighter considers docking to the station to unload anything, including fuel. Maybe the cargo bays can store any excess fuel to be transfered to the fuel cells over time to replenish them without needing additional shipments. I have my doubts about the latter, but I think any ship or base with docking bays should be capable of doing this. Or at least any 'base' type ship plus Resupply Bases (IIRC, Resupply Bases received that ability in one of the patches).

Idea: Make Resort Bases viable targets for luxury goods shipments. Luxury goods on Resort Bases should be slowly consumed by the attendants, increasing their effectiveness.
User avatar
BigWolfChris
Posts: 665
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:26 pm
Contact:

RE: Cargo on Resort/Defensive Bases

Post by BigWolfChris »

I think the cargo bay could be a "transfer hub" ie. between freighters and intended component destinations, but only Elliot can give us the reason for the requirement

Fuel cells are highly needed, if too low fuel will run out quite fast and no energy will be generated Of course, on a starbase in a star system, fill it with energy collectors and this is negated alot (unless starbase is involved in combat often)
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8 Core @3.7GHz
2x16 GB Vengeance LPX 2666MHz RAM
MSI RTX 2070 Armor 8G
SSD Drive
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”