Responsiveness issues.

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
Bloodly
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:20 am

Responsiveness issues.

Post by Bloodly »

Nice game. Still trying to find my way around. Matters are not helped by the game being slow to respond to my mouse clicks practically everywhere in game. No other game I possess does this. It's infuriating. I can forgive long startup time(a minute or two), but not this.

My system is

Intel Core2Duo 2.93 Ghz Nvidia GT240(all drivers updated) 2 GB Ram. Windows XP

What's going on?
Sigh
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:07 am

RE: Responsiveness issues.

Post by Sigh »

Strange I think my system is below those specs actually but it works (What IS terrible is the zoom lag though) I do have 4 gigs of ram on windows 7 though.

Try a smaller map if you havnt already
Bloodly
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:20 am

RE: Responsiveness issues.

Post by Bloodly »

I have-I stick to small to tiny to try and learn. When I say 'everywhere', I mean it-even the Galactopedia at start up can have this issue occur. It can occur anywhere, at any time, continuously.

I also note that the game uses a full 50% of CPU time(So it's basically using the whole of one core), and would probably use more if it was capable. Again, I've not known a game that does so. I wonder why it's so greedy?
Sigh
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:07 am

RE: Responsiveness issues.

Post by Sigh »

It might just be poor code (meaning chances are it will be fixed).

But if your the only one experiencing it it could very well be just something specific to your system which would possibly make finding the problem harder.
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39783
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: Responsiveness issues.

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Bloodly,

Have you tried the performance improvements suggested in the Tech Support FAQ thread in this forum yet?

Have you updated to 1.0.3?

Could you post a DxDiag for us please?

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Bloodly
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:20 am

RE: Responsiveness issues.

Post by Bloodly »

1.3 is installed.
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(50.46 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39783
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: Responsiveness issues.

Post by Erik Rutins »

Thanks - did the performance improvements in the FAQ make any difference for you?

This is definitely something system specific as it runs very quickly on much lower end systems.

Have you tried restoring your graphics driver settings to their defaults?

Did you allow the DirectX and .NET versions that were included with the game installer to install fully?

Have you tried shutting down all background programs and processes to see if anything there is interfering with DW? You might try this:

tm.asp?m=2422447

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Bloodly
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:20 am

RE: Responsiveness issues.

Post by Bloodly »

The Graphics drivers are most certainly at default-I was forced to go through some horrible issues to get the graphics card working reasonably in the first place(The words 'Nv4_disp' should tell you all you need to know). Rest assured, they're at default.

Yes, the two programs were allowed to install.

All options have been set to lowest-indeed, System Nebulae was already on lowest by default. Whilst now the game isn't gobbling 50% of the processor now, the problem persists. Click-wait 5 seconds, action. FPS is set to 25.
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39783
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: Responsiveness issues.

Post by Erik Rutins »

Ok, please give a try at clearing out background programs and processes to see if one of those could be interfering, this is definitely not normal behavior for the game. Hopefully Elliot will also have some suggestions.

Could the graphics driver issues have had any effect on this? I'm not sure what you went through.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Bloodly
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:20 am

RE: Responsiveness issues.

Post by Bloodly »

Matter settled. Was a third-party program: one that has never caused issues with anything else but this.
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39783
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: Responsiveness issues.

Post by Erik Rutins »

Bloodly,

May I ask which program it was? Could be useful for us to know.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Bloodly
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:20 am

RE: Responsiveness issues.

Post by Bloodly »

Deskmates, from Oska Software(www.oska.com).
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”