OS Windows 7

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Post Reply
sapperland
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Albuquerque,NM,USA

OS Windows 7

Post by sapperland »

Will this game run on Windows 7?
ckk
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Pensacola Beach FL

RE: OS Windows 7

Post by ckk »

ORIGINAL: sapperland

Will this game run on Windows 7?
I'm rfunning Windows 7 Home premium- no problems[:)]
User avatar
mbar
Posts: 481
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:33 am

RE: OS Windows 7

Post by mbar »

I've been running it on a Win 7 Home Premium laptop with no issues at all.
User avatar
Atilla60
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:07 am
Location: Jutland, Denmark

RE: OS Windows 7

Post by Atilla60 »

I'm running Win 7 (64 bit) Professional Edition and have no issues.
It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.
-Sir Winston Churchill-
User avatar
Saburo Kurusu
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:13 pm
Location: Imperial Japanese Embassy, Berlin

RE: OS Windows 7

Post by Saburo Kurusu »

As they said!  [:)]  I also run it on Home Premium without any problems!
"Santa Maya must be liberated by any means necessary. Even diplomacy if it should come to it."

British PM Sir Mortimer Chris in "Whoops Apocalypse"

Image
User avatar
madgamer2
Posts: 1235
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:59 pm

RE: OS Windows 7

Post by madgamer2 »

Yes with one cravat. Matrix games that are new and most new xp games will run but i had a seriouys crash with win 7 when we tried to get oblivion to run, It had to do with graphic card recognition and older xp games. A tech did some research and found a file that solved the game.
I was running the steam site game BTW and he found a way to add MOD's & such. You should not have to much trouble with newer games but I would offer one piece of ad vice that may sound silly but do not use the C:\Programs folder or the x86. Instead as others use something like C:\Games\Matrix\WitPAE or something similar.
I am having my backup system redone with XP Pro on a 8AN SLI Premium Asus MOBO with two 7950 video cards and a 4 drive SATA2 RAID.
And will get into windows 7 slowly. Good luck

Madgamer
If your not part of the solution
You are part of the problem
rockmedic109
Posts: 2471
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 11:02 am
Location: Citrus Heights, CA

RE: OS Windows 7

Post by rockmedic109 »

The only problem I have is with Windows 7.  AE runs fine.
 
I can't alt-tab out easily as it will go to desktop when I try to alt-tab back from the txt file I keep for a personal AAR. 
User avatar
madgamer2
Posts: 1235
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:59 pm

RE: OS Windows 7

Post by madgamer2 »

i AM not saying THAT THIS GAME runs on win 7 with problems. I am just saying that some games will have problems despite using either the xp up grade version or the Pro version with its x86 file. I am just saying that assuming you Do play and plan to buy other games or attempt to put older games on win 7, unless you plan to spend your entire game time playing this game the advice I gave the OP was a tip my tech told me and after having some problems loading some xp games that were older he solved it with a program he found,
Win 7 has some problems with some older games that deal with graphic recognition and other issues. one of the oldest games Matrix games OAOW 3 went on without a hitch but some others may not and in my case we had to reinstall the OS twice before we discovered the problem and with extensive web search. As AE requires lots of time I doubt you will be downloading few games. You guys tend to obsessive about AE and won't come up for air till the next version of windows shows its ugly head.:-)

this may come as a shock but there are OTHER games other than AE out there

Good gaming
Madgamer
If your not part of the solution
You are part of the problem
Alfred
Posts: 6683
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:56 am

RE: OS Windows 7

Post by Alfred »

In my experience most gaming problems with Win 7 stem from:

(a) installing to the "Programs" folder. Unless a game has been specifically developed with Win 7 in mind, it is best to install it to its own folder such as c:\Matrixgames\War...........

(b) DirectX 9.0c required by a game developed with XP in mind. As DirectX 9.0c is not part of the vanila Win 7 installation, the easiest solution is to install it.

Alfred
User avatar
madgamer2
Posts: 1235
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:59 pm

RE: OS Windows 7

Post by madgamer2 »

THANKS, I am not as conversant in the use of the English language due to age and a mistake in first grade being forced to learn to write left handed which for me is turned out to be a very bad thing. You basically said in a third of the words I did what I was trying to say and are right.
The difficulty trying to get oblivion at first installed and then to run on Steam (which it does) and to install MOD's which I now can was a real chore. the remaining stuff I mentioned was true.
I am going to do what I always do and have my new OS on my main system and my old OS on my secondary system and get a book and do research on problems I encounter with my new OS.
This way I can keep the installs on the new system that do not work to a minimum.
I run my 23" LG flat LCD monitor in HDMI and win 7 looks great and I like the way it works but find the icons and such a bit gaudy but I think there are ways to change that.

Madgamer
If your not part of the solution
You are part of the problem
User avatar
Disco Duck
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:25 pm
Location: San Antonio

RE: OS Windows 7

Post by Disco Duck »

I have run Windows 7 for the last couple of months. The only problem I have run into is if the game runs for a long time I start to have problems with the icons. A reboot fixes it.

What I have not gotten to work is tracker. The command screen comes up. It says press any key to continue. I press the any key and the the program goes away.
There is no point in believing in things that exist. -Didactylos
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”