GxBO error with 1.058

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
frugaldude
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:31 pm

GxBO error with 1.058

Post by frugaldude »

Repeatable. Crashes within a minute of opening the saved game. sent saved game and pertinent information as Alzuk GxBO error1058.zip

Thank you for your support.

Frugaldude
Chris21wen
Posts: 7906
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Cottesmore, Rutland

RE: GxBO error with 1.058

Post by Chris21wen »

Me too



Image
Attachments
Untitled1copy.jpg
Untitled1copy.jpg (171.53 KiB) Viewed 428 times
hidden_asbestos
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 8:24 am

RE: GxBO error with 1.058

Post by hidden_asbestos »

I'll bet a save game would really help fix this !
Chris21wen
Posts: 7906
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Cottesmore, Rutland

RE: GxBO error with 1.058

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: hidden_asbestos

I'll bet a save game would really help fix this !
I'd love too but the save is too large, even zipped.
frugaldude
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:31 pm

RE: GxBO error with 1.058

Post by frugaldude »

Your error looks similar to mine. I had saved less than a minute before the crash. I hope the saved game helps the lads in NZ.

Frugaldude

Image
Attachments
GxBOerror..colonies.jpg
GxBOerror..colonies.jpg (57.4 KiB) Viewed 428 times
User avatar
michaelm75au
Posts: 12467
Joined: Sat May 05, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

RE: GxBO error with 1.058

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: Chris H
ORIGINAL: hidden_asbestos

I'll bet a save game would really help fix this !
I'd love too but the save is too large, even zipped.
See the thread "Where to Upload Save Files" at the top of the threads.
Michael
Chris21wen
Posts: 7906
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Cottesmore, Rutland

RE: GxBO error with 1.058

Post by Chris21wen »

I have but that entails installing something on my computer that I do not want.
RViener
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:31 pm

RE: GxBO error with 1.058

Post by RViener »

Same here. RSVsave
RViener
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:31 pm

RE: GxBO error with 1.058

Post by RViener »

uploaded as RSVsave. Run for 10-15 minutes repeatable.
Florestan
Posts: 234
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:39 pm
Location: Codognan, France

RE: GxBO error with 1.058

Post by Florestan »

You don't really need to install anything to upload on a ftp server. There is a command line ftp client shipped with windows... I'm quite sure it was here even since the 16 bits version of windows (windows 3.1, before windows 95), if not in MSDOS. To use it : First, copy the savegame file in the root directory of your windows partition. You could do otherwise, but it would be more complicated. In windows use the key combination windows + r (holding the windows key down, then hit and release the r key), then, type cmd, in the black ugly command line window, type in order(valid with return key for each line) :

Code: Select all

cd \
(don't use mistake the '\' for a '/'...)

Code: Select all

ftp beta.matrixgames.com 
wait until it ask for a user name, then type :

Code: Select all

DistantWorldsCustomer
And, as a password, that will not appear on the screen, even as asterisks :

Code: Select all

upload
Then use the command

Code: Select all

send "thenameofthefile.zip"
(of course, change the name for the one of your file, don't forget the '"') Wait for it to finish the send. It can take from a few seconds (on a fiber internet connexion) to hours (on the oldest xdsl technologies) depending on your connexion quality (and the one of matrix games server, and the trafic). If you make any mistake, you will have to restart from the windows+r start, unless you have an idea of what the instructions mean. You will have to take less than 120s between each command, from the moment you type "ftp ..." or you will have to restart, too. I did not test it fully, as I don't have anything to upload there, but it should do it. Now that you've seen how tricky command line can be when you don't know windows "underground", you can install the filezila ftp client (not the same as the ftp server). It is open source and widely used, you can trust there is no malware in it (if you download it from the filezila home), weights next to nothing, and you can uninstall it when you're finished.
Chris21wen
Posts: 7906
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Cottesmore, Rutland

RE: GxBO error with 1.058

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Florestan

In windows use the key combination windows + r, then, in the black ugly command line window, type in order(valid with return key for each line) :
I just tried this and think there is something missing from the instructions as pressing + r does nothing. Then realised its the command box is what is needed so using the Windows run... command and typing

cmd

is what I think +r is.



OK, now I know what I did wrong. You meant 'Windows and r key' together which brings up the run box. Then typing in

cmd

to open the window command.

The rest is the same except how do you close the ftp instruction once its been sent?

Oh! more importantly it appears to work. Thanks.

This might be very useful to all.





User avatar
elliotg
Posts: 3989
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:32 am

RE: GxBO error with 1.058

Post by elliotg »

ORIGINAL: frugaldude Repeatable. Crashes within a minute of opening the saved game. sent saved game and pertinent information as Alzuk GxBO error1058.zip
Thanks for the report. This has been fixed in the next version.
Florestan
Posts: 234
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:39 pm
Location: Codognan, France

RE: GxBO error with 1.058

Post by Florestan »

ORIGINAL: Chris H
ORIGINAL: Florestan

In windows use the key combination windows + r[...]
[...] pressing + r does nothing. Then realised its the command box is what is needed so using the Windows run... command and typing

cmd

is what I think +r is. [...]
You got it right ! I edited the part I forgot and added precisions about "windows+r". It is standard notation, and I'm so used to it that I sometimes forget it is computer jargon, and thus gibberish to most people... As you seem to find this useful, and that it worked (I did not use this for years) I will post it in the "how to upload saves" thread in case someone else is interested.
User avatar
hellfish6
Posts: 695
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:09 am

RE: GxBO error with 1.058

Post by hellfish6 »

Just had the error with 1.060 beta.
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”