Can't save a game

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

Post Reply
blackknight1916
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:37 pm

Can't save a game

Post by blackknight1916 »

Just bought this thanks to the nice sale. I cannot save the game. When I click save as the screen blinks and nothing happens. There is no save in the directory. I cannot open a saved game from the start menu, either.

I am running Windows 7 using the 95 compatibility mode...I have also installed the latest comprehensive patch.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Brian
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43083
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

RE: Can't save a game

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: blackknight
....When I click save as the screen blinks...
Hey Brian.....did you do what I did? I went to KMART and bought one of their rice-burning mouse thingies and every time I clicked ONCE the computer thought, sometimes, that I clicked twice. So things were going haywire almost every game I played. So I shucked up some bucks and got a "real" mouse and it's smooth sailing from then on. Maybe your operating system compatability shouldn't be Win95 since that's such an OOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooold operating system. Maybe you should use a different setting. You gotta use WINNT or something equally modern. I'm using "Windows XP SP 2" for the compatability and I'm running Win7 on my computer and I get to save games and everything. Lemme know if this didn't help and I'll ask somebody next to me what the "real" answer was.
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
blackknight1916
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:37 pm

RE: Can't save a game

Post by blackknight1916 »

Hi-

My mouse is a super sexy one made by real Chinese people, but I think they are wheat-eating northerners, so it's okay. I changed the compatibility settings to XP and now I can save games. Thanks for the sarcasmic help. Stop bothering the guy next to you.

Best,

Brian
User avatar
Telumar
Posts: 2363
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:43 am

RE: Can't save a game

Post by Telumar »

Ever tried it wothout compatibility mode? As far as i know this is no more needed in Win 7. At least this is how it works on my machine, and it works alright,
Post Reply

Return to “TOAW III Support”