Dual Monitor Problem (Windowed Mode)

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
User avatar
crazyguy
Posts: 104
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:03 pm
Location: Vienna

Dual Monitor Problem (Windowed Mode)

Post by crazyguy »

If I play DW:ROTS on my secondary monitor in a Window something strange happens:

Clicking on stacked group of ships - the ship selection window pops up on my primary monitor -> outside of the DW window...



Image
Attachments
dualmonitordwproblem.jpg
dualmonitordwproblem.jpg (299.72 KiB) Viewed 274 times
User avatar
elliotg
Posts: 3989
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:32 am

RE: Dual Monitor Problem (Windowed Mode)

Post by elliotg »

Distant Worlds is not supported on multiple monitors.

We'll take a look at this issue at some point (windowed mode on multiple monitors). But for now please put your DW window on your primary monitor.
User avatar
crazyguy
Posts: 104
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:03 pm
Location: Vienna

RE: Dual Monitor Problem (Windowed Mode)

Post by crazyguy »

Sure it is not a problem at all but I thought I should tell ya as not many people playtest on two monitors ;)
Scritty
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:08 pm

RE: Dual Monitor Problem (Windowed Mode)

Post by Scritty »

Steam collect data from time to time - and apparently multiple monitors is one of the fastest growing trends in PC gaming with 7% of users now having 2 or more monitors apparently.

Looking at it - it looks like it will peak at about 25% max.
Not massive - and not a problem - just a consideration.

Scritty
Logistics ? Yeah I'm a spanner for that stuff
DasTactic
Posts: 1362
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:16 am

RE: Dual Monitor Problem (Windowed Mode)

Post by DasTactic »

I'm a multiple monitor player as well. I always disable the secondary monitor now before playing DW using a great little app called UntraMon. Useful for all sorts of single-monitor games. :)
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”