What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

GaryChildress
Posts: 6933
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: The Divided Nations of Earth

What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by GaryChildress »

OK. My list:

Panzer Corps
Commander: The Great War
Commander: Europe at War GS mod 2.0

As soon as these come out, I'm jumping on them. I was anticipating WitE, however, I'm still trying to decide if I will like it or not. For $90 I need to be a little more certain than I am.
vonRocko
Posts: 1454
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:05 pm

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by vonRocko »

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

OK. My list:

Panzer Corps
Commander: The Great War
Commander: Europe at War GS mod 2.0

As soon as these come out, I'm jumping on them. I was anticipating WitE, however, I'm still trying to decide if I will like it or not. For $90 I need to be a little more certain than I am.

Those are on my list, also add:
Panzer command Ostfront
The new combat mission normandy
and the battlefront WW1 game
User avatar
Hertston
Posts: 3317
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2002 3:45 pm
Location: Cornwall, UK

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by Hertston »

I think the MAtrix titles I was most eagerly awaiting turned up in December! Others, though, would be Sword of the Stars 2, FEAR 3 and Portal 2. And Men of War: Vietnam.
User avatar
Fallschirmjager
Posts: 3555
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:46 am
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by Fallschirmjager »

There is a game by Rockstar set in LA that is going to be a pulp fiction/noire style game and draws heavily from LA Confidential (one of my favorite movies)

I cannot think of the name of the game ATM but I like that Rockstar is taking a chance with a new IO


Besides that there is not really anything on my radar. Matrix has yet to announce there next big title but I am hoping it is some sort of WW1 or WW2 Atlantic/med naval game.

I am also hoping that the next Half Life and Grand Theft Auto is announced this year.
User avatar
JudgeDredd
Posts: 8362
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:28 pm
Location: Scotland

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by JudgeDredd »

I'm not looking forward to anything. If something comes out and I spot it, as usual I might buy - but right now I'm not thinking of buying anything
Alba gu' brath
User avatar
Andrew Williams
Posts: 3862
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by Andrew Williams »

A version of Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem that is stable, balanced and universally available.... rather than the plethora of beta patched versions that abound at present.
ImageImage
User avatar
invernomuto
Posts: 944
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Turin, Italy

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by invernomuto »

My list:
Distan Worldw expansion: already bought and playing.
Gary Grisby War in the East: on my wish list.
Panzer Command Ostfront
CM: normandy

I would like to play in 2011: a tactical mech game (like Battletech) and a tactical fantasy wargame (like warhammer)




User avatar
wodin
Posts: 10709
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:13 am
Location: England
Contact:

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by wodin »

Red orchestra 2
CM: Battle for Normandy
Over Flanders Field Phase 4
User avatar
ilovestrategy
Posts: 3614
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:41 pm
Location: San Diego
Contact:

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by ilovestrategy »

Elder Scrolls V. Woot! I will vanish from the world for a few weeks. I am such a Elder Scrolls freak!
After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!
Image
Bison36
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:39 pm

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by Bison36 »

Panzer Command Ostfront
User avatar
SuluSea
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:13 pm

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by SuluSea »

What games are you eagerly anticipating?

 
None! I've have WITE, BFTB and WITP AE in my rotation, I was hopeful of Carrier Force but it looks like that was shelved.
"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer
User avatar
sol_invictus
Posts: 1962
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Kentucky

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by sol_invictus »

TW: Shogun2

The Witcher 2

Strategic Command WWI

TESV: Skyrim

Brother Against Brother

Should be a good year.
"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by warspite1 »

Matrix World In Flames - although eagerly anticipating is probably not the correct description; try climbing the walls and salivating at the prospect [X(]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
diablo1
Posts: 994
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:58 pm

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by diablo1 »

I'm eagerly anticipating Matrixgames next year Christmas sale as always. I pick up the most Matrixgames games then. I still have a few days to dedide on Distant Worlds or BftB and after reading about DW and all it's quirks and not very good ai I'm leaning more towards BftB. I have X3:Terran to play instead of DW and it has a great ai and challenging and 100's of mods that make it even better. Plus I can fly any of my ships too.

I might be interested still in Heroes of Stalingrad but I've about decided for the PC that is vaporware. WIF has also been in production forever and is starting to feel like Combat Leader all over again, but I fear its going to be another one of those $80+ games and I wouldn't buy it anyways. Of course I can't wait for Panzer Command;Osfront the 3 year patch in the making and Battlefronts CM:Normandy when it reaches bargain bin prices not long after release like CMSF did.

I'm still waiting on Rome Total War 2 with hopes the ai from the last version of ETW and M2TW are in it. I'll have to wait Shogun 2 (ugh) out though before that happens.

Hopefully Paradox's Crusader King II will be out this year and EA's The SIMS go Medieval might be pretty good to.
X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by warspite1 »

Diablo1, you mention Rome Total War 2 - has that been announced officially or is that a "wish-list" item of yours?
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
diablo1
Posts: 994
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:58 pm

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by diablo1 »

"wish-list" item of yours?

wish-list eagerly anticipated after Shogun2
X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: diablo1
"wish-list" item of yours?

wish-list eagerly anticipated after Shogun2
Warspite1

Would be great if they did it - still the best of the Total War series IMO - especially if they bring the naval war up to speed.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Shogun: Total War.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
diablo1
Posts: 994
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:58 pm

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by diablo1 »

and Shogun: Total War

Shogun: Total War is already out, released back in the late 90's or early 2000's has a Mongol Invasion expansion pak too. [:)]
X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by DuckofTindalos »

[8|]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”