Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Post Reply
xripcurrent
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:20 am

Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Post by xripcurrent »

I love the SSI Panzer general games of old. Can I get pointed to the right direction as to which Matrix Games are most similar to those games?
User avatar
JudgeDredd
Posts: 8362
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:28 pm
Location: Scotland

RE: Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Post by JudgeDredd »

Commander Europe At War and Operation Barbarossa are my guesses. Commander Europe at War is on a strategic scale, whereas Operation Barbarossa is more operational and therefore more like Panzer General
Alba gu' brath
User avatar
Hertston
Posts: 3317
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2002 3:45 pm
Location: Cornwall, UK

RE: Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Post by Hertston »

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 'Panzer Corps' as well. Matrix/Slitherene are billing that as the 'spiritual successor' to PzG.
User avatar
Yogi the Great
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:28 pm
Location: Wisconsin

RE: Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Post by Yogi the Great »

I wonder why I think we may soon see some spam from xripcurrent? [;)]

Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
User avatar
JudgeDredd
Posts: 8362
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:28 pm
Location: Scotland

RE: Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Post by JudgeDredd »

I know - but I've decided to not treat anyone as a spammer unless I see them spam - kind of innocent until proven guilty. I believe Terminus takes the other view...[:'(]
Alba gu' brath
User avatar
JudgeDredd
Posts: 8362
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:28 pm
Location: Scotland

RE: Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Post by JudgeDredd »

ORIGINAL: Hertston

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 'Panzer Corps' as well. Matrix/Slitherene are billing that as the 'spiritual successor' to PzG.
That depends really - on whether they still take that step back from Panzer general that C:EAW took...aircraft "occupying" a hex so you couldn't move ground units into a hex with an air unit or vice versa...that killed it for me (and the naval warfare aspect)
Alba gu' brath
User avatar
Yogi the Great
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:28 pm
Location: Wisconsin

RE: Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Post by Yogi the Great »

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

I know - but I've decided to not treat anyone as a spammer unless I see them spam - kind of innocent until proven guilty.

Nothing wrong with that at all, probably a good road to take. It does seem though that you can often tell from a persons first (or early posts) what they may have in mind. Somehow the sincere new posters just seem to post a somewhat different type of question or information.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
xripcurrent
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:20 am

RE: Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Post by xripcurrent »

Sigh I'm not a spammer :( I just really wanted to know what is a good fit before I make a purchase.
User avatar
Yogi the Great
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:28 pm
Location: Wisconsin

RE: Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Post by Yogi the Great »

ORIGINAL: xripcurrent

Sigh I'm not a spammer :( I just really wanted to know what is a good fit before I make a purchase.

Ok, I'll take you on your word. Welcome to the forum, many good games from Matrix and it's one of the better forums to participate on. Good luck finding what you are looking for. Battlefield Academy looks like it may be of interest to you as well.

Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
User avatar
Hertston
Posts: 3317
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2002 3:45 pm
Location: Cornwall, UK

RE: Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: xripcurrent

Sigh I'm not a spammer :( I just really wanted to know what is a good fit before I make a purchase.

Nothing personal. Just too many 'sleeper' commie.. erm, spammers emerging on these boards at the mo; folks are getting paranoid. [:'(]
xripcurrent
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:20 am

RE: Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Post by xripcurrent »

Thanks fellas I'm gonna get the digital download versions of the 2 aforementioned games you guys referred me to. That should keep me busy for a while
User avatar
JudgeDredd
Posts: 8362
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:28 pm
Location: Scotland

RE: Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Post by JudgeDredd »

I quite liked Operation Barbarossa...C:EaW not so much...it had some short comings plus I wasn't overly keen on the scale.

Good luck
Alba gu' brath
User avatar
hadberz
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu May 11, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Moncks Corner, SC

RE: Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Post by hadberz »

I liked WW2 ToW.
AMD Ryzen 9800X3D
MSI MPG X870E CARBON
32 GB G-Skill Model DDR5 6400
Sapphire Nitro X 9070 XT 16GB
AOC Q27G3XMN 2560X1440 180 Hz
Dell G2724D 2560x1440 165Hz
Samsung 990 Pro 4TB M.2 NVMe
Win 11 Pro
User avatar
ilovestrategy
Posts: 3614
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:41 pm
Location: San Diego
Contact:

RE: Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Post by ilovestrategy »

ORIGINAL: xripcurrent

Thanks fellas I'm gonna get the digital download versions of the 2 aforementioned games you guys referred me to. That should keep me busy for a while

Welcome! [:)]
After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!
Image
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”