Saved Games

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Post Reply
User avatar
Mofouler
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:54 am

Saved Games

Post by Mofouler »

Well basically I tried to load up one of my saved games. But then I got the message that "This is not a Distant Worlds Game Save"
This is ackward since i saved it the other day. I then go to the auto save and that loads up after a min or so. I play it and then the next day I can't upload the game as it starts loading but goes on for well over 5 mins so i just cancel the game.

So my question is I know that it takes longer to save as the game goes on for longer as it has to save much more things. I'm playing at 700 stars but The game runs perfectly fine so I'm thinking it may be just the game itself. But has this happened to other people and if so how to they fix it?
You lost the game
User avatar
Data
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:43 pm

RE: Saved Games

Post by Data »

Never heard of anything similar, also the game itself should not influence this. But just to test a bit do you have another computer at hand where you can install DW and check if they are loaded there? Or better yet, upload them to the ftp server so we can try it as well.
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
sbach2o
Posts: 378
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:15 am

RE: Saved Games

Post by sbach2o »

I have never encountered save game corruption.

My recent game doesn't load any more, though. It runs on a out of memory condition. Seems, 1000 stars was too much. The save game has reached a size of ~39 MB at this point. My empire has about 650 planets, 10.000 space ships and many, many bases, all in all representing 80% of the galactic economy.

The Shakturi storyline hadn't reached its conclusion at that point.

The last time I encountered an out of memory condition during a load (also happened during a save once, iirc) was before version 1.0.4.0 when the saves were still encoded as compressed XML.

Data's tip is a good one. Upload a couple of save games (if possible also one that does still load and is as close as possible to the corrupting ones) to the FTP server so that the developer can have a look.
User avatar
Mofouler
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:54 am

RE: Saved Games

Post by Mofouler »

after testing I've come to find out I can't load up games during a game. So I have yo ctrl alt delete out of the game and restart it which is sadening :(
You lost the game
User avatar
Data
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:43 pm

RE: Saved Games

Post by Data »

If it is indeed a save game corruption you can delete / move the saves you've got and check if you can start a fresh game. Can you save / load then?
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”