Diplomacy request sorta..

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
User avatar
Larsenex
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:14 pm

Diplomacy request sorta..

Post by Larsenex »

So as the Humans conquering the galaxy I have made allies of the Securans (cause I have a thing for cute blue gals). Anyway, I noticed that I can 'go to war' for them as it costs me nothing and I can get them to go to war for me since we have a mutual defense pact.

Now, one can assume that the ai can see this as well. I would like a feature where I can tell another AI to STOP attacking or make peace with the other side, in this case I want the Ikuros to stop their war with the Securans. I have no means to do so. I have a defense pact with the Securans and Id like to use that as a diplomacy stick. "Hey stop your war with the Securans or Ill go to war with you (now)!", or something like that. I want to go to war with them anyway and I will but it would be nice if I can stop them from gobbling up my allies planets till I am just another month or two ready.

By the way, I am having a blast with my latest game. I have had some crashes when I use the editor but I try to go back and do something different and change that path so I avoid it. I had two instances when I used the editor on some planets that I would give me that continue or close option, arrrhgg.


Anyway, I wanted a way to threaten other empires if they were at war with my allies and there does not seem to be a way. Where can I 'ask' for this?
Go for the Eyes Boo!

Intel 8700K Oc'd to 4.8ghz
32 gigs ram
GTX 1070 w/ 6gigs ram.
Using a cache drive from intel with a 60gig flash & 1 terrabyt hd accelerated.
User avatar
Mofouler
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:54 am

RE: Diplomacy request sorta..

Post by Mofouler »

This would be a great option as there is plenty of times where my allies get in a war and their losing but I don't wanna have to go to war for it exactly and even if I did the empire there at war with is either too far or not worth fighting.

Another option that would be great would be to sell military ships to Empire. Or maybe make a military contract. This would allow you to give military aide (behind closed doors) and actually help the ai in a war. There were so many times were there was an empire that had maybe 1 or 2 colonies and they were surrounded by another much larger empire but it would be great if they got some ships and troops under their wing and hopefully they could break and cause some chaos among their lines.
You lost the game
User avatar
J HG T
Posts: 1093
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 4:06 am
Location: Kiadia Prime

RE: Diplomacy request sorta..

Post by J HG T »

ORIGINAL: Mofouler

Another option that would be great would be to sell military ships to Empire. Or maybe make a military contract...

Been requested many times in diplomacy discussions, and I agree that it should be included.
Would give many neat ways to assist allies and support other empires.
This option was in GalCiv 2, but srangely I remember this feature better from Total Annihilation.
Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."
User avatar
Data
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:43 pm

RE: Diplomacy request sorta..

Post by Data »

Vote for it on Igard's poll, it will certainly get more visibility than the already huuge wishlist
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
User avatar
Larsenex
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:14 pm

RE: Diplomacy request sorta..

Post by Larsenex »

Data there is no direct poll request but I voted anyway...=)
Go for the Eyes Boo!

Intel 8700K Oc'd to 4.8ghz
32 gigs ram
GTX 1070 w/ 6gigs ram.
Using a cache drive from intel with a 60gig flash & 1 terrabyt hd accelerated.
User avatar
Data
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:43 pm

RE: Diplomacy request sorta..

Post by Data »

Sry for the confusion, I meant to say that you can request Igard to introduce it explicitly...though now it would be kinda late. But we can have another more complet poll later.....it's certainly usefull.
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
User avatar
MartialDoctor
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:01 am

RE: Diplomacy request sorta..

Post by MartialDoctor »

ORIGINAL: Larsenex

Data there is no direct poll request but I voted anyway...=)

Wouldn't this be included under "More Diplomatic Options"?
User avatar
Data
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:43 pm

RE: Diplomacy request sorta..

Post by Data »

yes, but that is a generic category; we can put all the options we want explicitly to gauge the number of requests as well as their importance to the community. I've already suggested this to Igard.
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
User avatar
Igard
Posts: 2282
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:43 am
Location: Scotland

RE: Diplomacy request sorta..

Post by Igard »

Diplomacy is such a huge topic, I could create a poll entirely for it.

For now though, I'd rather just add this to the diplomatic options in parentheses, More Diplomatic Options (Stop your war with..., Join our empire etc).
User avatar
Data
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:43 pm

RE: Diplomacy request sorta..

Post by Data »

Maybe we could wait until we have confirmation that this is highly requested, then consider detailing it. Any option is good, we should use polls more frequently
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
Post Reply

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”