FW 190 A

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Post Reply
User avatar
a7v
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Germany

FW 190 A

Post by a7v »

Yesterday, when I visited the first wine festival of the year in the palatinate area, the "Mandelblütenfest" in Gimmeldingen (US guys: it ist located about 30 km east of Ramstein base...) I suddenly heard a roaring sound above me and when I looked up, I saw a plane about 200m above me which was clearly a flying FW 190 A. (and yes, I still was sober[;)] )
It made a turn and dissapeared before I could ready my camera[:(]. The plane was light grey and had the german cross below the wings but no other visible markings I was able to recognize.
I know that there a a couple of flyable remakes but never saw one in our area.
Is there anyone among the knowledgeable people on this forum who knows where the plane might come from?

Sincerely

Rainer
User avatar
sven
Posts: 718
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 10:00 am
Location: brickyard
Contact:

RE: FW 190 A

Post by sven »

http://www.meiermotors.com/index.php?op ... &Itemid=18

Frankly I'd like to see a kevlar or graphite based p-39 with properly turbocharged powerplant just to see what it could have done.
User avatar
a7v
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Germany

RE: FW 190 A

Post by a7v »

Thank you for the link[:)]

Sincerely

Rainer
User avatar
sven
Posts: 718
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 10:00 am
Location: brickyard
Contact:

RE: FW 190 A

Post by sven »

ORIGINAL: A7V_U

Thank you for the link[:)]

Sincerely

Rainer
Happy to help....
User avatar
Capt. Harlock
Posts: 5379
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

RE: FW 190 A

Post by Capt. Harlock »

Frankly I'd like to see a kevlar or graphite based p-39 with properly turbocharged powerplant just to see what it could have done.

Until that time, check out the performance of the P-63 Kingcobra. (The Soviets loved it.)
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”