[DW 1.0.7.0] Unhandled exception when moving fleet to unexplored system

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
User avatar
Nebuladon
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 9:10 pm

[DW 1.0.7.0] Unhandled exception when moving fleet to unexplored system

Post by Nebuladon »

In my recent game of Distant Worlds, I decided to go pirate hunting with my one of my fleets. Upon issuing a move order to a nearby, uncharted star, I received an unhandled exception error. It said something about Blockade in the error description. The game did not crash or anything, but the error did repeat for three or four clicks before my fleet moved to the system. While not a game-breaker, I thought I would report this minor bug.
User avatar
Data
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:43 pm

RE: [DW 1.0.7.0] Unhandled exception when moving fleet to unexplored system

Post by Data »

There are several of this sort of unhandled exception error that do not stop the game. If you have an earlier save and can reproduce it you should upload it as well for Elliot to take a look.
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
neonrabbit
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 9:24 pm

RE: [DW 1.0.7.0] Unhandled exception when moving fleet to unexplored system

Post by neonrabbit »

I have the same problem. Most right clicks at the sector level will give me this unhandled exception about blockades. It's very annoying, making the game less playable [:(]. I really like the game otherwise though. and it was working fine before this last update. I don't know how to upload a file. Looked it up and seemed complicated. I can give you the text from the exception if it make things easier. It seemed to me like it had something to do with a register or something. 
User avatar
Data
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:43 pm

RE: [DW 1.0.7.0] Unhandled exception when moving fleet to unexplored system

Post by Data »

look for taltamir's post here -> tm.asp?m=2415085
it makes the process of uploading saves easier; a copy / paste of the error report is also good in the meantime
and welcome to the forum, neonrabbit, hope you get past this soon
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”