Carrier CAP not Working

Post bug reports here.

Moderator: Tankerace

Post Reply
Black Cat
Posts: 604
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2002 6:46 pm

Carrier CAP not Working

Post by Black Cat »

It is 6/42 and I have a 3 CV TF parked in Hex 38.42 which is 2 hexs from Lunga.

The Hornet`s VF - 8 is set to Long Range CAP, it has experience 77, fatigue 22, 30 AC available. The Hornet has no damage at all and lots of fuel.

They have been sitting there 6 turns watching at least 8 100+ plane Betty/Nell/Zero strikes sail down the Slot and hit the Supply Convoy`s , The Surface Action TF, the Base Troops and the Airfield and have done nothing at all.

FWIW the CV`s have been spotted by Japanese Recon several times and not one strike has been sent at them... I have a Saved Game .

Is this a known Bug or am I doing something wrong ?

PS: The fighters at PM perform LR Cap all the time for the Supply Convoys
User avatar
Capt Cliff
Posts: 1714
Joined: Wed May 22, 2002 4:48 pm
Location: Northwest, USA

Post by Capt Cliff »

Yep! Been there done that! But I've seen both!? If you put your cap on the TF then it works better. If you put it on the hex then I think theres a probability factor rolled in as to whether the LRCAP will intercept. I've done the excact same thing you've done and no LRCAP! So I left it or forgot to change it and the next turn it started working! The LRCAP would defend all units in that hex! There might be a bug in initializing the LRCAP, but I don't know. The programers got to look at the code.
Capt. Cliff
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39783
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

Carrier LRCAP...

Post by Erik Rutins »

Carrier TFs in general are reluctant to assign their CAP to other TFs. If you want this to happen, I find you have to do it manually. Commanders of unsinkable land bases are less reluctant to send their planes elsewhere. :)

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
User avatar
Capt Cliff
Posts: 1714
Joined: Wed May 22, 2002 4:48 pm
Location: Northwest, USA

Post by Capt Cliff »

Blackcat,

I have successfully appied CAP from a air combat TF to bases and they do protect everything in the hex! But it leaves the air combat TF venerable!

What would be nice is to be able to assign a percent of your fighters to LRCAP a the rest to TF defense!
Capt. Cliff
1089
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Portland, OR

Post by 1089 »

Originally posted by Capt Cliff
Blackcat,

I have successfully appied CAP from a air combat TF to bases and they do protect everything in the hex! But it leaves the air combat TF venerable!

What would be nice is to be able to assign a percent of your fighters to LRCAP a the rest to TF defense!
You can if you have more than one carrier in the TF.

kp
The Earth is but a hollow nougat, reverberating with the sounds of the big bands... :cool:
User avatar
Ron Saueracker
Posts: 10967
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece

A ha

Post by Ron Saueracker »

More demand for naval fighter squadrons to have two divisions or a percentage toggle, just like escort missions. If I was a TF commander, I would not leave my carriers without CAP either, but the mechanics sometimes force us to. More flexibility needed here.
Image

Image

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
dgaad
Posts: 854
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Hockeytown

Re: Carrier CAP not Working

Post by dgaad »

Originally posted by Black Cat


The Hornet`s VF - 8 is set to Long Range CAP, it has experience 77, fatigue 22, 30 AC available. The Hornet has no damage at all and lots of fuel.

Is this a known Bug or am I doing something wrong ?

PS: The fighters at PM perform LR Cap all the time for the Supply Convoys
As has been said, CAGs will rarely fly an LRCAP mission unless manually assigned. To Manually assign, you have to pick LRCAP and then select the target : either the hex you want them to be in or the TF you want them to protect.
Last time I checked, the forums were messed up. ;)
Black Cat
Posts: 604
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2002 6:46 pm

Re: Re: Carrier CAP not Working

Post by Black Cat »

Originally posted by dgaad


As has been said, CAGs will rarely fly an LRCAP mission unless manually assigned. To Manually assign, you have to pick LRCAP and then select the target : either the hex you want them to be in or the TF you want them to protect.
Thanks dgad, was expecting them to default to protecting the nearest other TF as the LBA does.

PS: thanks to all others who responded as well.
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”