Global domination uploaded
Moderator: Vic
Global domination uploaded
Beta version of GD uploaded to the community site. It now features 14 playable countries and more 25 minor regimes. Cities now can be upgraded too.
- 82ndtrooper
- Posts: 1083
- Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:13 am
- Location: tennessee
RE: Global domination uploaded
ahh Bombur that sounds good I will take a look at it mate.
HHC 302nd Engineer Battalion
82nd Airborne Division
Honorably Discharged Jul/80
82nd Airborne Division
Honorably Discharged Jul/80
- Jeffrey H.
- Posts: 3154
- Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:39 pm
- Location: San Diego, Ca.
RE: Global domination uploaded
YAY ! Going over to get it.
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.
Ron Swanson
Ron Swanson
RE: Global domination uploaded
Tell me if you find bugs, I already detected two minor ones...Suez is an airbase (should be a port) and Dar Es Salaam is a city (should be a minor city). This scenario still lacks events. They will be added latter, when we see how the AI is working.
- Jeffrey H.
- Posts: 3154
- Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:39 pm
- Location: San Diego, Ca.
RE: Global domination uploaded
I've been playing it again as China vs. the World. VERY INTERESTING ! There are no roads in China, so the rivers are a major obstacle. The AI is much faster even with the new regimes to consider. Having fun !
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.
Ron Swanson
Ron Swanson
RE: Global domination uploaded
I suggest you to upgrade to v1.01 (just uploaded) it fixes some annoying bugs, like the new regimes being unable to produce resources...the game is playable now, but I´m noticing the AI isn´t very interested in research under Bombur mod....
RE: Global domination uploaded
A major bug, preventing cities from being upgraded, was discovered and fixed. Version 1.02 is ready in the community website...
Bombur
Bombur
RE: Global domination uploaded
ORIGINAL: Bombur
I suggest you to upgrade to v1.01 (just uploaded) it fixes some annoying bugs, like the new regimes being unable to produce resources...the game is playable now, but I´m noticing the AI isn´t very interested in research under Bombur mod....
you might want to help it now and then with some scripting giving it some free research occasionaly.
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
- Jeffrey H.
- Posts: 3154
- Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:39 pm
- Location: San Diego, Ca.
RE: Global domination uploaded
I'm having a tough time against the AI and all it's freebies. I can't believe the size of force it can maintain without sufficient supply.
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.
Ron Swanson
Ron Swanson
RE: Global domination uploaded
ORIGINAL: Vic
ORIGINAL: Bombur
I suggest you to upgrade to v1.01 (just uploaded) it fixes some annoying bugs, like the new regimes being unable to produce resources...the game is playable now, but I´m noticing the AI isn´t very interested in research under Bombur mod....
you might want to help it now and then with some scripting giving it some free research occasionaly.
-That´s my plan...but I still don´t know what paths the AI is unable to research...
- Jeffrey H.
- Posts: 3154
- Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:39 pm
- Location: San Diego, Ca.
RE: Global domination uploaded
In my current game, the AI has researched infantry to level 3. That was a really aggressive one. So far the others have not researched from what I can tell.
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.
Ron Swanson
Ron Swanson
- ernieschwitz
- Posts: 4757
- Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:46 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Global domination uploaded
In my current game (argentina vs. the world)... The american AI has at least researched ships 2. I can see that by the number of Medium Cargoships he´s sending at me 
Other than that, nothing to report, except the slow decline of brazil (ever since they declare war on me) Oh and i am in 1908..
Other than that, nothing to report, except the slow decline of brazil (ever since they declare war on me) Oh and i am in 1908..
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
- Advanced Tactics Gold
DC: Warsaw to Paris
DC: Community Project.
RE: Global domination uploaded
These are good news, any other bugs found?
- Jeffrey H.
- Posts: 3154
- Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:39 pm
- Location: San Diego, Ca.
RE: Global domination uploaded
I wouldn't call it a bug but research is danged expensive. Also, I took yatkusk or whatever its called from the soviets and it's going bonkers with pp production.
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.
Ron Swanson
Ron Swanson
- Jeffrey H.
- Posts: 3154
- Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:39 pm
- Location: San Diego, Ca.
RE: Global domination uploaded
Strategic transport via train is pointless.
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.
Ron Swanson
Ron Swanson
- ernieschwitz
- Posts: 4757
- Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:46 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Global domination uploaded
Not sure it´s entirely pointless... but it does seem to require an awful lot of trains.ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.
Strategic transport via train is pointless.
11 trains can transport 20 SMGs from Buenos Aires to Porto Alegro... thats not a fairly long distance, imho.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
- Advanced Tactics Gold
DC: Warsaw to Paris
DC: Community Project.
- ernieschwitz
- Posts: 4757
- Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:46 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Global domination uploaded
ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.
I wouldn't call it a bug but research is danged expensive. Also, I took yatkusk or whatever its called from the soviets and it's going bonkers with pp production.
Yeah research is rather expensive. Not sure it´s because i have a "smaller" country, or that it´s because it in general is expensive. About yakutsk... you sure it has a HQ within distance... and it´s not just piling up unused PPs?
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
- Advanced Tactics Gold
DC: Warsaw to Paris
DC: Community Project.
- ernieschwitz
- Posts: 4757
- Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:46 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Global domination uploaded
ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz
In my current game (argentina vs. the world)... The american AI has at least researched ships 2. I can see that by the number of Medium Cargoships he´s sending at me
Other than that, nothing to report, except the slow decline of brazil (ever since they declare war on me) Oh and i am in 1908..
OK, now i am in 1917 and Great Britain has Rifle II and SMG II. As far as I can tell from the tech tree, this is Infantry level 4! Oh and it´s 1940s tech.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
- Advanced Tactics Gold
DC: Warsaw to Paris
DC: Community Project.
- Jeffrey H.
- Posts: 3154
- Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:39 pm
- Location: San Diego, Ca.
RE: Global domination uploaded
Yeah, that's where GB was in my game, but GB had it around 1915 or so. I had a huge fight on my hands for India and the Middle East. Once I scrubbed GB out of India, I steamrolled the Ottomans and swept through the Arab states as well as Turkey and into Southern Russia through Georgia. The Russians are facing me full force, but TMK thay have not developed any tech.
I was trying to transport an engineer unit via rail and even though I spent many turns building up 30 odd trains I couldn't transport the engineer unit at all. The engineer was large but only enough to build two roads per turn.
Yakutsk is set to build PP's and it's building something like 15 or so a turn ! Wowsa.
I was trying to transport an engineer unit via rail and even though I spent many turns building up 30 odd trains I couldn't transport the engineer unit at all. The engineer was large but only enough to build two roads per turn.
Yakutsk is set to build PP's and it's building something like 15 or so a turn ! Wowsa.
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.
Ron Swanson
Ron Swanson
RE: Global domination uploaded
Research cost in random maps is based on the size of the map, so huge maps = very costly in research, like Staff II is 400 PP's or thereabouts.



