Battlestar Galactica Legends 1.1 Released

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

User avatar
Haree78
Posts: 1269
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:58 am

Battlestar Galactica Legends 1.1 Released

Post by Haree78 »

*Spoiler warning*
This mod and the descriptions in this post contains mild spoilers, you have been warned.

Image
Image

Release 1.1:
Battlestar Galactica Legends
Extract the contents to the Distant Worlds folder on your hard drive. It will ask you to replace 2 files, say yes if you want to convert Distant Worlds jumps to sound like the ships jumping in the reimagined BSG series.

Battlestar Galactica has been updated for Legends.
This will allow you to play an alternate story of the re imagining of Battlestar Galactica.
"All this has happened before. All this will happen again"
Characters roles are based on their role in the show but have been born in to a Galaxy where the Battlestar Galactica fleet are not the only surviving humans.


Included in this release are unique ship sets for Humans, Cylons and the Cylon Guardians, based on TOS as they appeared in Razor.
Also included are many characters for both the Humans and the Cylons.
All 3 new races are playable with their own victory conditions and unique feel.


Installation
This mod requires Distant World Legends and at least version 1.7.0.2 update or higher.
Extract the contents of this .rar file to your Distant Worlds directory. This will replace the default sound effects for Hyperjumping. I advise you backup your sound directory first. These sound effects work better than the default effects no matter whether you are using this mod or not though [:)]

Credit where it is due:
The following people have allowed me to include parts of their work in to this mod.

Thanks to the great efforts of Conflictx I have used his colonial ships:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2431544

Link to the Return of the Shakturi version of this mod:
Battlestar Galactica Mod
User avatar
HectorOfTroy
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:37 am

RE: Battlestar Galactica Legends

Post by HectorOfTroy »

Thank you Haree :).

The pics looks great [:D].

Are we still able to use original DW races with this mod?
User avatar
Haree78
Posts: 1269
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:58 am

RE: Battlestar Galactica Legends

Post by Haree78 »

Yes all races are included and they use their own ship sets.
They may look slightly different than you are used to though ;)
User avatar
HectorOfTroy
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:37 am

RE: Battlestar Galactica Legends

Post by HectorOfTroy »

ORIGINAL: Haree78

Yes all races are included and they use their own ship sets.
They may look slightly different than you are used to though ;)

Hmm interesting [:'(].

Just wondering if the victory condition for humans is to reach a colonise a certain planet ;)?
User avatar
Haree78
Posts: 1269
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:58 am

RE: Battlestar Galactica Legends

Post by Haree78 »

Unfortunately I couldn't do that. It's possible I can in the future but right now I kept the objectives fairly similar to base game as we don't have the modding guide yet.
User avatar
HectorOfTroy
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:37 am

RE: Battlestar Galactica Legends

Post by HectorOfTroy »

ORIGINAL: Haree78

Unfortunately I couldn't do that. It's possible I can in the future but right now I kept the objectives fairly similar to base game as we don't have the modding guide yet.

Ahh I wasn't really serious. I mean you guys put so much work into these mods, we shouldn't really be demanding new stuff.

Did you find that game is a big laggy with 1702 patch with your mod?
User avatar
Haree78
Posts: 1269
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:58 am

RE: Battlestar Galactica Legends

Post by Haree78 »

Yes I did, when I wacked the size of the Galaxy right up. Wasn't sure if it was the mod causing it or not.
User avatar
HectorOfTroy
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:37 am

RE: Battlestar Galactica Legends

Post by HectorOfTroy »

I think it was the 1702 patch. Few other people are saying the same thing.

Are you looking forward to the BSG movie? It will be based on the new series.
User avatar
Haree78
Posts: 1269
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:58 am

RE: Battlestar Galactica Legends

Post by Haree78 »

Do you mean the new series Blood and Chrome?
I'm going to wait for the pilot.

I'd hoped Caprica was going to scratch the BSG itch even though I didn't like the concept anyway. That was a huge let down though and felt like it lacked the character design BSG had, I couldn't even finish the series.

I've not heard about an upcoming BSG movie?
User avatar
HectorOfTroy
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:37 am

RE: Battlestar Galactica Legends

Post by HectorOfTroy »

Nope, I meant the movie. It's actually based on the original series, I was wrong about that.

Here is the link;

http://www.scifimoviepage.com/upcoming/ ... emake.html
User avatar
Haree78
Posts: 1269
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:58 am

RE: Battlestar Galactica Legends

Post by Haree78 »

Well I thought the original series was crap. The sort thing I would watch for fun when I was a kid but never actually turn the telly on for it, like Buck Rogers.
Funny how much hate is being put to the reimagined series in those comments on that link, everyone I know loved it, weird :)
User avatar
HectorOfTroy
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:37 am

RE: Battlestar Galactica Legends

Post by HectorOfTroy »

I love the new series, it's as realistic as sci-fi can be.


But you never know, the movie might be good. Until then, we got your mod [:'(]
User avatar
Haree78
Posts: 1269
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:58 am

RE: Battlestar Galactica Legends

Post by Haree78 »

I'll probably check it out no doubt. I know Richard Hatch has been campaigning for this movie for years, like ever since they did that earth based BSG. I guess someone finally listened to him!

I hope it is good though, not many Sci Fi movies these days are.
User avatar
HectorOfTroy
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:37 am

RE: Battlestar Galactica Legends

Post by HectorOfTroy »

Damn, I downloaded the file but fore some reason it won't extract.
User avatar
Haree78
Posts: 1269
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:58 am

RE: Battlestar Galactica Legends

Post by Haree78 »

Hmm I'll check, should do. The one I have here does.
You have winrar?
What does it say when you try?
User avatar
HectorOfTroy
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:37 am

RE: Battlestar Galactica Legends

Post by HectorOfTroy »

I have Zipitfree. When it extracts it just says 0 files extracted.

I used Zipitfree with your previous mod with no problems (as well as Igard's ST mod).

I'm try to download it again and I'll see how it goes
User avatar
Haree78
Posts: 1269
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:58 am

RE: Battlestar Galactica Legends

Post by Haree78 »

There's nothing wrong with the rar file, I just downloaded and tested it.
User avatar
HectorOfTroy
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:37 am

RE: Battlestar Galactica Legends

Post by HectorOfTroy »

Damn, I don't know what the problem is on my end then.

I'll play around with it and see how it goes
User avatar
HectorOfTroy
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:37 am

RE: Battlestar Galactica Legends

Post by HectorOfTroy »

Got it extracted and just had a quick 5 min game. it looks great [:D].

I'll give it a whirl tommorow.

What do you think, which other races should I include if I play a bigger map?

Maybe another human empire (if it's possible to have original humans from DW- forgot to check)?
User avatar
Haree78
Posts: 1269
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:58 am

RE: Battlestar Galactica Legends

Post by Haree78 »

I like it on random. I actually replaced the original humans so you can't select them.
Putting the Cylons on average distance with Young starting and Guardians on Young but distant works out to a nice game. Add in several random starting empires.
Post Reply

Return to “Design and Modding”