No movie and music after updating to 1.06.03

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Post Reply
zealotwilliam
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:47 pm

No movie and music after updating to 1.06.03

Post by zealotwilliam »

Hi

After I updated to 1.06.03, it became no movie and music in the game.

Who can help this ?

Regards
zealotwilliam
Texasgrunt
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:47 pm

RE: No movie and music after updating to 1.06.03

Post by Texasgrunt »

and this is a problem???
Destroy the enemy's army, then you can do what you will with his land, cattle and women.
elmo3
Posts: 5797
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2002 10:00 am

RE: No movie and music after updating to 1.06.03

Post by elmo3 »

The latest is 1.06.04 so try updating to that version and see if you still have the problem.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
zealotwilliam
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:47 pm

RE: No movie and music after updating to 1.06.03

Post by zealotwilliam »

Many thanks for your feedbacks.

Now I found that this is not because the new version.

I uninstalled the game and reinstalled the original version from DVD.
And there is still no vedio and music.
So I conclude that it is not about the game patch.

Actually, I changed my video card from ATI HD 5850 to Nvidia 560 Ti the day before last.
Since that, it became no video and music.
But my problem is music but not vision......get confused.

My OS is Win7 sp1.
WITE 1.06.04.

The movie file and sound file is OK and can be played in windows media player.
It seems that the Main Program of game can not find the movie and wav files.

Anybody have idea about this ?

Today I checked the status of World at War a World Divided, the same thing happened.
No music any more.

Regards.
zealotwilliam
elmo3
Posts: 5797
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2002 10:00 am

RE: No movie and music after updating to 1.06.03

Post by elmo3 »

Check the Nvidia site for the latest drivers. The card does not always come with the latest.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
User avatar
LiquidSky
Posts: 2834
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:28 am

RE: No movie and music after updating to 1.06.03

Post by LiquidSky »



Your Video card has an HDMI out, which can also carry audio. That means that your video card is also a sound card (in a way), and it is quite possible that windows is directing all output through this HDMI slot.

For example, on my system...when I go to the control panel, sound I see: My motherboard onboard sound, my Creative Sound Card (which I use), my Wireless Headset, and my HDMI output of my Video card. Next to my Creative sound card is a green check, meaning windows is directing all sound to it.

Make sure that your speakers (sound card) is checked.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
zealotwilliam
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:47 pm

RE: No movie and music after updating to 1.06.03

Post by zealotwilliam »

Hi,

I think it may be a bug.

I find that the game does not output any voice (from windows' speaker button).

zealotwilliam
User avatar
Tac2i
Posts: 2083
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:57 pm
Location: WV USA

RE: No movie and music after updating to 1.06.03

Post by Tac2i »

I've had no issues with sound or movies on my Windows 7 PC since installing the update (1.06.04) or the new addon, Don to the Danube.
ORIGINAL: zealotwilliam

Hi,

I think it may be a bug.

I find that the game does not output any voice (from windows' speaker button).

Tac2i (formerly webizen)
User avatar
michaelm75au
Posts: 12467
Joined: Sat May 05, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

RE: No movie and music after updating to 1.06.03

Post by michaelm75au »

Installed any new software that added/changed any codecs?
Michael
elmo3
Posts: 5797
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2002 10:00 am

RE: No movie and music after updating to 1.06.03

Post by elmo3 »

This is almost certainly due to the new card that was installed since you are having the problem with more than one game. Even though it's a graphics card it handles your sound as well. Did you get the latest drivers for the card as suggested earlier? Have you checked to make sure Windows is sending the sound to your speakers?
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
zealotwilliam
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:47 pm

RE: No movie and music after updating to 1.06.03

Post by zealotwilliam »

Yes, I did both of them.

But nothing changed.

I think what michaelm said could be a tip.
zealotwilliam
elmo3
Posts: 5797
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2002 10:00 am

RE: No movie and music after updating to 1.06.03

Post by elmo3 »

OK I suggest putting your old card back in the computer. If sound returns then it is something to do with the new card. I don't really see this being a bug as nobody else has reported it, at least not yet.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
zealotwilliam
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:47 pm

RE: No movie and music after updating to 1.06.03

Post by zealotwilliam »

Hi All,

Many thanks for your suggestions and now the problem is resolved.

Actually the Game was outputing voice to HDMI sound.

I tried to connect my PC to my TV and play Game on TV and change my default voice output to HDMI.

There came out sound.

Now I returned my PC to my display then return the configuration of voice output to Speaker.

This time, the sound worked.
zealotwilliam
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”