Combined Patch 1.5?

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid

Post Reply
WW2'er
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: East Dundee, IL, USA

Combined Patch 1.5?

Post by WW2'er »

I have patched thru every version of UV, but for those who are just buying the game or have to reinstall for any reason, I'm wondering....

Could the next patch come in two different versions?

1. Updates files from version 1.40
2. A combined patch that gives all updates from 1.0? (i.e. updates a newly installed 1.0 directly to 1.5)

This would be really nice since this will be the last major patch for a while. (Barring any new, nasty bugs! God forbid!)
WW2'er

"That [state] which separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools." — Thucydides, 'The Peloponnesian Wars'
WW2'er
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: East Dundee, IL, USA

Post by WW2'er »

Erik?....Anyone?
WW2'er

"That [state] which separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools." — Thucydides, 'The Peloponnesian Wars'
User avatar
Fred98
Posts: 4019
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Wollondilly, Sydney

Post by Fred98 »

I have burnt all the patches to a CD.

I can see your point. But I use a dial-up modem. Downloading all the patches to date in one go would be a huge download.
AndrewN
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 4:40 am
Location: Geelong, Australia

Combined file

Post by AndrewN »

I think WW2'ers suggestion is spot on the mark. It will be helpful to continue the current method of being able to download patches individually, but a great help if there could be a combined patch file. My game is in the post and I'll download the various patches one by one if I have to, but a combined one would be a lot simpler.

Matrix?
User avatar
Raverdave
Posts: 4882
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Melb. Australia

Hey another Aussie!

Post by Raverdave »

G'day Andrew!

Good to see another Aussie on the board! JUst to quickly bring you upto speed, there is going to be a meeting of all of the Melbourne based members on October the 6th (Sunday) at Williamstown.....it would be great if you could make it! Drop me a line for more info such where to meet and times. Just click on my profile to get my Email address, or dend me a message via this board.

Regards

Dave
Image


Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
AndrewN
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 4:40 am
Location: Geelong, Australia

Re: Hey another Aussie!

Post by AndrewN »

Originally posted by Raverdave
Good to see another Aussie on the board!
Aaah... the assumptions that are so easily drawn! This laddie's a Kiwi! :D

Thanks also for the info about the Melbourne meeting... as a rule, Sunday's don't suit so I'll have to take a raincheck on the offer. Besides, I'd be like a lamb among wolves, my copy of UV not having arrived yet from Vortigern!
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39783
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

Response...

Post by Erik Rutins »

We still plan to make a combined patch, but we haven't yet decided that the time is right. We'll see how things are going a few weeks after the next version is released.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
User avatar
Sabre21
Posts: 7877
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2001 8:00 am
Location: on a mountain in Idaho

Post by Sabre21 »

Hey Andrewn...ain't a Kiwi one of them little green fuzzy fruits? Oh..that's right...could be a long legged bird too! So which are ya...a bird or a fruit:D :D

Sabre21
Image
AndrewN
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 4:40 am
Location: Geelong, Australia

Post by AndrewN »

Can't say I really care too much for the furry fruits. And the birds, well they're short-legged, actually. ;)
User avatar
Raverdave
Posts: 4882
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Melb. Australia

Re: Re: Hey another Aussie!

Post by Raverdave »

Originally posted by AndrewN


Aaah... the assumptions that are so easily drawn! This laddie's a Kiwi! :D

Thanks also for the info about the Melbourne meeting... as a rule, Sunday's don't suit so I'll have to take a raincheck on the offer. Besides, I'd be like a lamb among wolves, my copy of UV not having arrived yet from Vortigern!
Ah well......I will not hold that against you. Pity about not being able to make it for October. Not to worry there are lots more things in the pipe line, such a a trek to the Australian War Memorial next April to coinside with ANZAC day....gives the guys from interstate a chance to catch up, and before that a trip to Puckapunyal to visit the Tank Museum.
Image


Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
AndrewN
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 4:40 am
Location: Geelong, Australia

Re: Re: Re: Hey another Aussie!

Post by AndrewN »

Originally posted by Raverdave


Ah well......I will not hold that against you. Pity about not being able to make it for October. Not to worry there are lots more things in the pipe line, such a a trek to the Australian War Memorial next April to coinside with ANZAC day....gives the guys from interstate a chance to catch up, and before that a trip to Puckapunyal to visit the Tank Museum.
Both of the pipe line ideas sound very interesting. I'd appreciate it if you could at least keep me in the know for the future... and old email address (still working, but I'll give out this one in case of spam robots) is nugteren@tpg.com.au

Out of interest, what's the age range and size of the Melbourne UV group?
User avatar
Raverdave
Posts: 4882
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Melb. Australia

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey another Aussie!

Post by Raverdave »

Originally posted by AndrewN




Out of interest, what's the age range and size of the Melbourne UV group?
30's to 40's?????? I don't really know as I have never asked:D
Image


Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Post Reply

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”