PBEM question!

War in Russia is a free update of the old classic, available in our Downloads section.
Post Reply
User avatar
Vasquez
Posts: 482
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 10:00 am
Location: München, Bayern, Deutschland

PBEM question!

Post by Vasquez »

Hello,

I want to play my first PBEM with a friend (after years of AI sessons). One question:

Is it normal, that I can´t view what happeneds during the turn of my oppenent? After I get the file I only see how the front looks now, but I unfortunaltely see not the moves. Only via the AX review/SU review I am able to find out what happeneds.
RickyB
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Denver, CO USA

Re: PBEM question!

Post by RickyB »

Originally posted by Vasquez
Is it normal, that I can´t view what happeneds during the turn of my oppenent? After I get the file I only see how the front looks now, but I unfortunaltely see not the moves. Only via the AX review/SU review I am able to find out what happeneds.
The Axis and Soviet reviews are the game way of displaying what happened. Not sure what else you are looking for, except possibly an actual replay, which does not exist. And the review is not very good, especially for the Germans who cannot see a number of the actions that happened.
Rick Bancroft
Semper Fi


Image

Montenegro
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 10:00 am

Re: PBEM question!

Post by Montenegro »

Originally posted by Vasquez
Hello,

I want to play my first PBEM with a friend (after years of AI sessons). One question:

Is it normal, that I can´t view what happeneds during the turn of my oppenent? After I get the file I only see how the front looks now, but I unfortunaltely see not the moves. Only via the AX review/SU review I am able to find out what happeneds.
Vasquez,

Although '41 is lamentable in both the game and on this board for Soviet players, use this PBEM "fog of WIR" to your advantage if you opt to play Soviet side. Make the Wermacht fight it's way thr the funnel that is Russia, both in front and behind. At the least, the troops committed to the rear guard actions and mop up will buy time for Moscow, et al.

Regards,

Montenegro
Post Reply

Return to “War In Russia: The Matrix Edition”