Bug ....... !!!!!

Post bug reports here.

Moderator: Tankerace

Post Reply
Superben
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:38 pm

Bug ....... !!!!!

Post by Superben »

Hello , I found a funny bug ....

When you type the < Enter > key on a hex , you acceed to the terrain editor menu ......

So you can change all the terrain and transform for example PM in a deep water zone :)
Superben
In vino veritas ...
User avatar
ADavidB
Posts: 2464
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Bug ....... !!!!!

Post by ADavidB »

Originally posted by Superben
Hello , I found a funny bug ....

When you type the < Enter > key on a hex , you acceed to the terrain editor menu ......

So you can change all the terrain and transform for example PM in a deep water zone :)
What a neat little bug! I just tried it out and it works just like you say.

If the changes would carry through in a pbem game, that would be a great joke to play on someone, as their fleets get landlocked into base and their airfields go underwater. :D

Dave B
Yamamoto
Posts: 742
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Miami, Fl. U.S.A.

Post by Yamamoto »

Unfortunately you can't use the commands that share a key with a hotkey. The "r" key is supposed to do something in the editor but all it does is bring up the credits because "r" is the hotkey for credits. The same thing goes for keys 1-4, although I don't know what those hotkeys do. "5" and "6" work ok though.

Yamamoto
User avatar
Ross Moorhouse
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 5:00 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by Ross Moorhouse »

We now know about this and will fix this bug.
Ross Moorhouse
Image
Project Manager
www.csosimtek.com
Email: rossm@csogroup.org
Yamamoto
Posts: 742
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Miami, Fl. U.S.A.

Post by Yamamoto »

Originally posted by Ross Moorhouse
We now know about this and will fix this bug.
I hope “Fix” means fix the issue with the editor keys that are the same as hotkeys not working rather than “Fix” meaning disable the editor. I think I would like the ability to edit the map. Since one can already use any image file for the map we could make entire new theaters with this editor. A nice simple one to start with would be Midway.

Yamamoto
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”