Patches and such

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid

Post Reply
Owl
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Portland, OR

Patches and such

Post by Owl »

I've sat around reading about the game long enough and want to finally get out and purchase a copy.
Problem is I have a 56.6k connection and the idea of spending hours downloading and updating patch to patch until the game is in the latest version is discouraging.

Assuming I have the game brand new, is there a single patch that will update it to the most recent version or do I have to patch sequentially through several versions?

How big are the patches?

thanks!
(.) (.)

...V...
User avatar
mogami
Posts: 11053
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: You can't get here from there

56k

Post by mogami »

Greetings, Just use the true update inside the UV folder. I've upgraded with a 56k modem (no where near as fast as the DSL I now have but workable. (tell it to update and go watch the World Series or out for a beer)
Image




I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
WW2'er
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: East Dundee, IL, USA

Post by WW2'er »

Actually, if you wait just a little longer, the next batch of games direct from Matrix will be made with Version 2.0 so you won't have to download any patches immediately. Unknown how much longer you will have to wait though. (Couple weeks?)
WW2'er

"That [state] which separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools." — Thucydides, 'The Peloponnesian Wars'
teck
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:53 am

Post by teck »

There is no problem with downloads. don't let that stop you from purchasing
User avatar
Von Rom
Posts: 1631
Joined: Fri May 12, 2000 8:00 am

Post by Von Rom »

I have a 56K modem, and downloading the patches were no problem.

Use a download utility like GetRight. Then you can download ALL the patches and store them on a seperate disc.
Post Reply

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”