Let's Play of the Storylines?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
Wizaerd
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 1:13 am

Let's Play of the Storylines?

Post by Wizaerd »

Does anybody know of any good YouTubers who are going to be doing a Let's Play of the storyline in Universe? I've seen some good videos, and I've enjoyed tinkering around in the game, but I don't know if I'll ever actually do the storyline (if I could figure out how even), so I'd be curious to watch someone else do it... :)
Spacecadet
Posts: 1784
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:52 pm

RE: Let's Play of the Storylines?

Post by Spacecadet »

I know Das123 has several, and I think StarLab has done a few as well.

I've seen mention of another mentioned by Quest or something (Steam forums?) that you could possibly look into.


If you want to do the Story line, I'd suggest doing it in the order released which is how most of us experienced it :

Classic
Return of the Shakturi
Legends
Ancient Galaxy

AG is going to be a bit of a shock even for experienced players, so even though that is how everything began, I'd play it after you have a bit of experience.
CPU: Intel 2700K
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: GTX 970
OS: Windows 7 (64 bit)
Res: 1920 x 1200


User avatar
StarLab
Posts: 1252
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:28 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

RE: Let's Play of the Storylines?

Post by StarLab »

Yes, I did a series with Shadows where I played with all the stories enabled - it was fun! [8D]

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... faE0xC_6EA

It's a long series though... might want to get a silo of popcorn or something... [:D]
Wizaerd
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 1:13 am

RE: Let's Play of the Storylines?

Post by Wizaerd »

Thank Larry. It's due in large to you and Das I picked up DW:U in the first place. Since Universe features a new story, will you be doing a Let's Play on it as well?
User avatar
StarLab
Posts: 1252
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:28 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

RE: Let's Play of the Storylines?

Post by StarLab »

ORIGINAL: Wizaerd

Thank Larry. It's due in large to you and Das I picked up DW:U in the first place. Since Universe features a new story, will you be doing a Let's Play on it as well?

Not right away. I intend to let the game age a bit more before providing spoilers. [:)] Eventually, perhaps... ??
Post Reply

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”