Manual Upgrade - Automatic Retrofit

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
Sokar408
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:00 pm

Manual Upgrade - Automatic Retrofit

Post by Sokar408 »

My understanding was, that if I set, lets say the mining stations, to be Upgrade: Manuel and Retrofit: Automatic. the AI would automatically upgrade to the latest designs, but leave it to me, to make the designs.

If this correct, because I have tried this for a while, and the AI doesn't seem inclined to upgrade the mining stations on its on. Maybe it just takes more time then I gave it before going here and as, but I'd rather be sure, and enjoy the game, then spend ages keeping an eye on it :)
User avatar
WaflHead
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 8:34 pm

RE: Manual Upgrade - Automatic Retrofit

Post by WaflHead »

I've had this issue as well. Some games they auto-retrofit and others they do not. I'm thinking the auto-retrofit may be tied to the available cash on hand.
Chet Guiles
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:30 pm
Location: Southern CA

RE: Manual Upgrade - Automatic Retrofit

Post by Chet Guiles »

I think you're right. I do the same -- I manually design my mining and gas mining stations, then allow the game to automatically upgrade. However retrofit does require constructor ship, necessary resources and available cash for the retro. Timing can sometimes be slow if constructors are queued up with other projects. Anyone else have similar issues?
necaradan666
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 3:32 am

RE: Manual Upgrade - Automatic Retrofit

Post by necaradan666 »

Constructors are not required to retrofit mining stations.
Post Reply

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”