A little help Chickenboy welcome

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
AW1Steve
Posts: 14531
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:32 am
Location: Mordor aka Illlinois

A little help Chickenboy welcome

Post by AW1Steve »

I probably don't really need help....as he's smashed me rather badly , having a 5 to 1 victory point lead , and is only 2 months from an auto victory. But he's driving me nuts by asking for help (this is his 4th or 5th time) when he obviously doesn't need it. But what I COULD use is a little help in some psychological warfare! [:D] So if you guys could do me a great kindness , just post something , anything here. And do it frequently! Hell, tell "why did the chickenboy cross the road" jokes or something. [:D] Thanks guys, I really , really appreciate your help. [:D][&o]
User avatar
Lokasenna
Posts: 9304
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:57 am
Location: Iowan in MD/DC

RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy

Post by Lokasenna »

I heard he has feathers.
mind_messing
Posts: 3394
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:59 am

RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy

Post by mind_messing »

Boost the funding for those boys at Los Alamos.
User avatar
DOCUP
Posts: 3135
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:38 pm

RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy

Post by DOCUP »

Ok Steve I will think of something and post it later.
User avatar
Bullwinkle58
Posts: 11297
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:47 pm

RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Why did you agree to no-bombing HRs? (Sorry. Couldn't resist.)
The Moose
User avatar
Lecivius
Posts: 4845
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:53 am
Location: Denver

RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy

Post by Lecivius »

put a virus in the next save? [:'(]
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
User avatar
HansBolter
Posts: 7457
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:30 pm
Location: United States

RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy

Post by HansBolter »

Scenario 2 is easy mode for the Japanese player and should never be agreed to by an Allied player without heavy house rules in the Allies favor.

That being said I will gladly help any Allied player who has gotten himself into that kind of a mess.

I'll post here as often as I can.
Hans

User avatar
AW1Steve
Posts: 14531
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:32 am
Location: Mordor aka Illlinois

RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy

Post by AW1Steve »

Thanks guys. Let me explain. Andre wanted to test out some theories he had, and I agreed to help. Also , I've always believed that you learn more from your defeats than victories , so I felt if I could do well here , I could pretty much hold my own with most players (as a AFB). I kinda of consider this a graduation exercise before I try playing as the Japanese. So I agreed to playing under these conditions 1) to help Andre out and 2) to "make it suck as much as I could" (to paraphrase some of my "grunt" type friends). The biggest problem is sometimes Andre forgets (ok...generally he forgets) that this is an experiment and starts to do his "I'm a evil genius dance " and chortle , trash talk and in general become a bit of a pain.

So I'm really not COMPLETELY insane (just mostly).

Thanks for help in giving him a little of his own back! [:D][&o]
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy

Post by USSAmerica »

Steve, I give you a ton of credit for completely fooling me on this one! [:D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
Grollub
Posts: 6676
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Lulea, Sweden

RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy

Post by Grollub »

Ganging up on Chickenbot? I'm game! [:D]

...


Image
Attachments
demotivati..nfidence.jpg
demotivati..nfidence.jpg (61.98 KiB) Viewed 681 times
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
User avatar
nashvillen
Posts: 3835
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:07 am
Location: Christiana, TN

RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy

Post by nashvillen »

Oh, I am liking this...
Image
jcjordan
Posts: 1900
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2001 8:00 am

RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy

Post by jcjordan »

Alls fair in love & war & your back's against the wall - bomb the **** out of him!!! If the Allies were truly in the situation they would be doing just as the IJ did when the Allied had them by the nuts in 44-45. I'd say he needs a "curve ball" thrown at him to brush him back from the plate [:'(]
User avatar
AW1Steve
Posts: 14531
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:32 am
Location: Mordor aka Illlinois

RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy

Post by AW1Steve »

CENSORED by the high command![:D]
User avatar
AW1Steve
Posts: 14531
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:32 am
Location: Mordor aka Illlinois

RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

put a virus in the next save? [:'(]

I LIKE it! It's not fair , and I won't do it , but I really, really like it! Maybe it will have a jolly rodger logo and blow up his mothership? [:D]
User avatar
AW1Steve
Posts: 14531
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:32 am
Location: Mordor aka Illlinois

RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

Scenario 2 is easy mode for the Japanese player and should never be agreed to by an Allied player without heavy house rules in the Allies favor.

That being said I will gladly help any Allied player who has gotten himself into that kind of a mess.

I'll post here as often as I can.

Thanks Hans![&o] I appreciate the advice . [:)]
User avatar
AW1Steve
Posts: 14531
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:32 am
Location: Mordor aka Illlinois

RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: Grollub

Ganging up on Chickenbot? I'm game! [:D]

...


Image
This is great! (I keep threatening to get a Mawcaw to keep my spouses cat in order....where can I get a eagle? ) [:D]
User avatar
AW1Steve
Posts: 14531
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:32 am
Location: Mordor aka Illlinois

RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: jcjordan

Alls fair in love & war & your back's against the wall - bomb the **** out of him!!! If the Allies were truly in the situation they would be doing just as the IJ did when the Allied had them by the nuts in 44-45. I'd say he needs a "curve ball" thrown at him to brush him back from the plate [:'(]

On Jan 1 , 1943 I can start strategic bombing.....

In the mean while I keep harassing him. He takes an atoll, builds it up and makes it pretty. I send in a regiment , that kills everyone and trashes the place , then I run up the flag , salute it , and leave. Then he'll come back with new troops , fix the place up again....then guess what I do? The same thing...rinse repeat, rinse repeat! He's GOT to be tired of this little game. [:D]
User avatar
Grollub
Posts: 6676
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Lulea, Sweden

RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy

Post by Grollub »

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Andre has pretty much taken China , but I've evacuated a pretty big cadre of the Chinese air force , as well as those Chinese units that some people call "The Stillwell divisions". He was able to grab Ceylon , and PM , as well as Noumeau. He grabbed them in March or before , there really was nothing I could do to stop him. And he did the usual "Chickenboy gambit" , of ignoring PH and throwing everything at the PI. As a result , I have all of my battleships , all CV's (although Wasp is in Suva , she took 3 torpedoes from a sub, but she's down to 50% hull, 23% engine. Her airgroup is pristine . And except for those ships in the PI , the USN is intact. the RN , RAN, RNZN and the Dutch fleet are pretty well gone. I often make the joke in my "Sir Robin" strategy that "I'll fight to the last Englishman, Dutchman or Australian". You can ad Chinese. They're pretty well gone.

But the US forces are doing well , and I have a very toughly fortified line from Christmas Is to Suva. LOTS of LBA , subs , a division or more of infantry on every island , and each port is stuffed with AKE/AE's and AO's ready to support my CV's and BB's , which are hiding behind the islands. LOTS of PBY and Maritime patrol planes , with sub picket lines , and PC picket lines. He can't come any where near the line without running into a firestorm. And THEN my CV's will play short stop.

Andre say's he's not going to accept the auto victory. If that's the case , then I feel time is on my side. It's late October 1942. And I have 5 of my CV's untouched , with one other that will soon be able to join the fleet. In 6 months I'll have Hellcats , Corsairs, several CVL's and the 1st couple of Essex class. Not to mention working torpedo's for my subs.

What to you think guys , can I come back? [&:]

Looks to me like you're doing good!

ETA; ... with that said, try to make sure you keep your remaining CVs out of harms way so you can make full use of the Hellcat/Essex turning point.
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
User avatar
RogerJNeilson
Posts: 1277
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:21 am
Location: Bedlington, Northumberland, UK

RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy

Post by RogerJNeilson »

I have nothing to say on this matter, but happy to pretend I have something to say.......
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
User avatar
DanSez
Posts: 1023
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:02 pm

RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy

Post by DanSez »


I should follow the lead of the elders...

never mind
droid out



The Commander's job is to orchestrate and direct the three major dimensions of combat - space, time and force. Shattered Sword, the Untold Story of the Battle of Midway
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”