Matrix, I try to love you. But you make it hard.
Moderator: maddog986
- Fallschirmjager
- Posts: 3555
- Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:46 am
- Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Matrix, I try to love you. But you make it hard.
I hate to be 'that guy' and go into a rant. But I do love Matrix. It's their store that kills me.
There have been products over the past two years I have wanted to purchased but didn't because of my repeated bad experiences with the store.
The latest issue is one of gift cards. I have never tried to use matrix gift cards before.
During the current Christmas season I have collected quite a few pre paid visa/mastercard cards as office gifts and from family.
I have seven of these things in various amounts and not much to do with them.
Against my better judgment I decide to purchase War in the West (despite the premium price, but that is another issue) and Campaigns Red Storm Players edition (very fairly priced during the holiday sale)
So I buy up the gift cards using my gifts.
Since I have so many cards I have to make a lot of different transactions.
25
15
20
20
15
15
That comes out to $110 which incidentally is exactly the purchase price of both games I want.
I am pretty happy with the result. Until I try and check out.
I attempt to add my first gift card code and it works. I see the total price is reduced. Fantastic I think to myself.
Then I enter the second gift card code. It works, but it cancels out the first code I entered. What?????!!!!
I try again and get the same result.
It appears that you can only use one gift card at a time.
So it would appear I won't be making my purchase, and on top of that. I have 7 different gift codes and not a damn thing I can do with them.
I have already reached out to BlueSnap but I am not expecting much in the way of help. I have contacted them in the past for various issues and they have been incredibly unresponsive.
Am I going to have any luck here? Can someone at Matrix help me find a solution?
There have been products over the past two years I have wanted to purchased but didn't because of my repeated bad experiences with the store.
The latest issue is one of gift cards. I have never tried to use matrix gift cards before.
During the current Christmas season I have collected quite a few pre paid visa/mastercard cards as office gifts and from family.
I have seven of these things in various amounts and not much to do with them.
Against my better judgment I decide to purchase War in the West (despite the premium price, but that is another issue) and Campaigns Red Storm Players edition (very fairly priced during the holiday sale)
So I buy up the gift cards using my gifts.
Since I have so many cards I have to make a lot of different transactions.
25
15
20
20
15
15
That comes out to $110 which incidentally is exactly the purchase price of both games I want.
I am pretty happy with the result. Until I try and check out.
I attempt to add my first gift card code and it works. I see the total price is reduced. Fantastic I think to myself.
Then I enter the second gift card code. It works, but it cancels out the first code I entered. What?????!!!!
I try again and get the same result.
It appears that you can only use one gift card at a time.
So it would appear I won't be making my purchase, and on top of that. I have 7 different gift codes and not a damn thing I can do with them.
I have already reached out to BlueSnap but I am not expecting much in the way of help. I have contacted them in the past for various issues and they have been incredibly unresponsive.
Am I going to have any luck here? Can someone at Matrix help me find a solution?
RE: Matrix, I try to love you. But you make it hard.
contact support and they will do it for you
http://www.matrixgames.com/support/
or better still the,
http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
http://www.matrixgames.com/support/
or better still the,
http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (25H2) (26200.7309)
- Fallschirmjager
- Posts: 3555
- Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:46 am
- Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
RE: Matrix, I try to love you. But you make it hard.
ORIGINAL: zakblood
contact support and they will do it for you
http://www.matrixgames.com/support/
or better still the,
http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
Thanks I fired off a help desk ticket. I shall await a response and hope that a solution can be reached.
RE: Matrix, I try to love you. But you make it hard.
can you go to a store and use the gifts to get a money pak card to load a paypal account. I also think paypal has their own cards now too. I pay the $4.99 to load the cards as i dont want my bank account tied to paypal.Last i heard the store only takes one code at a time, i wonder if you had 2 matrix gifts cards and the purchase needed both inputted would it work? Also if your ordering physical products the cards don't cover shipping. The store sure isn't user friendly, it's something they need to look to fix. I remember them saying that eventually all your games would be available to download through the members section, your purchases from the previous store front, that hasn't happened yet.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
- Fallschirmjager
- Posts: 3555
- Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:46 am
- Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
RE: Matrix, I try to love you. But you make it hard.
ORIGINAL: **budd**
can you go to a store and use the gifts to get a money pak card to load a paypal account. I also think paypal has their own cards now too. I pay the $4.99 to load the cards as i dont want my bank account tied to paypal.Last i heard the store only takes one code at a time, i wonder if you had 2 matrix gifts cards and the purchase needed both inputted would it work? Also if your ordering physical products the cards don't cover shipping. The store sure isn't user friendly, it's something they need to look to fix. I remember them saying that eventually all your games would be available to download through the members section, your purchases from the previous store front, that hasn't happened yet.
I have already purchased all the Matrix gift certificates. The individual gift cards have already been used and are now empty of funds.,
I have no issue using my banking debit card for the purchase. I just so happened to have a small stack of pre paid cards as gifts and was trying to find a use for them.
It also happened that they all came out to $110 dollars which is the purchase price of both games.
My issue is that when using Matrix gift certificates you can only use one per purchase. I have six of them which presents a problem.
I also don't care about physical products so I don't have to worry about shipping or any tax.
RE: Matrix, I try to love you. But you make it hard.
while the online store has issues with more than one code, the support people wont and will sort you out, and that's what they are paid for
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (25H2) (26200.7309)
RE: Matrix, I try to love you. But you make it hard.
ORIGINAL: zakblood
while the online store has issues with more than one code, the support people wont and will sort you out, and that's what they are paid for
zak, forgive my stupidity, I don't understand what you mean by "the support people wont and will sort you out"? [&:]
Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
RE: Matrix, I try to love you. But you make it hard.
ok i'll say it again and add a comma...
while the online store has issues with more than one code,
the support people wont, (eg they can fix it for you)and won't have the same error as you may have etc etc...
and will sort you out, and that's what they are paid for
so in others words if you are having a problem, they wont have the same problem as they don't have to input just one code at a time and can do them all etc
better?[:D]
while the online store has issues with more than one code,
the support people wont, (eg they can fix it for you)and won't have the same error as you may have etc etc...
and will sort you out, and that's what they are paid for
so in others words if you are having a problem, they wont have the same problem as they don't have to input just one code at a time and can do them all etc
better?[:D]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (25H2) (26200.7309)
RE: Matrix, I try to love you. But you make it hard.
ORIGINAL: zakblood
ok i'll say it again and add a comma...
while the online store has issues with more than one code,
the support people wont, (eg they can fix it for you)and won't have the same error as you may have etc etc...
and will sort you out, and that's what they are paid for
so in others words if you are having a problem, they wont have the same problem as they don't have to input just one code at a time and can do them all etc
better?[:D]
I think so, thanks.
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
RE: Matrix, I try to love you. But you make it hard.
your welcome[:D][;)]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (25H2) (26200.7309)
- Erik Rutins
- Posts: 39783
- Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
- Location: Vermont, USA
- Contact:
RE: Matrix, I try to love you. But you make it hard.
Hi Fallschirmjager,
We'll solve this for you one way or another, hang in there.
Regards,
- Erik
ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager
I have already reached out to BlueSnap but I am not expecting much in the way of help. I have contacted them in the past for various issues and they have been incredibly unresponsive.
Am I going to have any luck here? Can someone at Matrix help me find a solution?
We'll solve this for you one way or another, hang in there.
Regards,
- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
Freedom is not Free.
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
Freedom is not Free.
- Fallschirmjager
- Posts: 3555
- Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:46 am
- Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
RE: Matrix, I try to love you. But you make it hard.
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
Hi Fallschirmjager,
ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager
I have already reached out to BlueSnap but I am not expecting much in the way of help. I have contacted them in the past for various issues and they have been incredibly unresponsive.
Am I going to have any luck here? Can someone at Matrix help me find a solution?
We'll solve this for you one way or another, hang in there.
Regards,
- Erik
Thank you, just knowing it is being looked into is awesome. I will admit it is a bit of an odd issue I have created. I did not even stop to think that perhaps only one gift code could be used per purchase.
The sale price on Flashpoint Campaigns is good for several more weeks so there is no rush.
RE: Matrix, I try to love you. But you make it hard.
this is another admins answer i found, not that it will help you any, but support here will,
and as gift cards are real money, i also don't see why apart from the system here not taking more than one code etc that it shouldn't work so you should be fine as Erik has said...
as all sales are sales[;)]
If you have a coupon code or gift card here is how it works.
* Select the games you want to buy and add them to your cart
* On the checkout page you'll see a box labelled "Coupon Code"
* Enter your code in this box and click "Recalculate"
* The price will update to show the new price
Please remember you cannot use a coupon code or gift card in conjunction with any other coupon code or gift card. The system only allows one coupon per order.
If you have any questions please let us know.
and as gift cards are real money, i also don't see why apart from the system here not taking more than one code etc that it shouldn't work so you should be fine as Erik has said...
as all sales are sales[;)]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (25H2) (26200.7309)
RE: Matrix, I try to love you. But you make it hard.
Sorry zak, but things don't work that way. The system is more complex than you might think than it is.ORIGINAL: zakblood
ok i'll say it again and add a comma...
while the online store has issues with more than one code,
the support people wont, (eg they can fix it for you)and won't have the same error as you may have etc etc...
and will sort you out, and that's what they are paid for
so in others words if you are having a problem, they wont have the same problem as they don't have to input just one code at a time and can do them all etc
better?[:D]
RE: Matrix, I try to love you. But you make it hard.
life is complex enough, spending and buying should be simple, but as i don't know the system, i'm wrong, 50% of the time so it's normal[:D][;)]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (25H2) (26200.7309)
- Fallschirmjager
- Posts: 3555
- Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:46 am
- Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
RE: Matrix, I try to love you. But you make it hard.
Any updates?
RE: Matrix, I try to love you. But you make it hard.
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
Hi Fallschirmjager,
ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager
I have already reached out to BlueSnap but I am not expecting much in the way of help. I have contacted them in the past for various issues and they have been incredibly unresponsive.
Am I going to have any luck here? Can someone at Matrix help me find a solution?
We'll solve this for you one way or another, hang in there.
Regards,
- Erik
Wow! this is why I love this company so much, the inter activity of (as we say in the Union world) Management, not only is Erik and other Matrix Reps present here on these boards but they are also very active on the Steam Boards. To me, that is important and it turns new gamers to this Company basically by showing they are dedicated to the games they put out and publish thus adding confidence for new players to this genre of gaming.
I am still on the fence for War in the West (due to shipping costs as per World in Flames issues I had), but Erik you have made my decision much easier. Now if I can only stop playing "Dragon Age Inquisition" for just a bit and get back to wargaming...........Thanks.
It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
- Fallschirmjager
- Posts: 3555
- Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:46 am
- Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
RE: Matrix, I try to love you. But you make it hard.
ORIGINAL: radic202
Now if I can only stop playing "Dragon Age Inquisition" for just a bit and get back to wargaming...........Thanks.
This has been my problem for the last two weeks. I have 37 hours in it and I am engrossed.
RE: Matrix, I try to love you. But you make it hard.
Yep, multiple gift cards are a pain. At work we get them for perks / sales bonus / Xmas gifts instead of cash/check. I end up giving them to my wife for groceries or whatever needed and then buy what games I need/want/need with regular credit card or Paypal. And you cannot use them to buy a Moneypak to put on your Paypal account, they want cash only. Believe me Matrix is not the only place that has issues with multiple cards, It's a gift card thingy.
PS - Walmart can only take up to 10 gift cards on a purchase.(no matter what the dollar amount on them) Found that out last year on a big screen TV purchase I was saving them for, had to go all the way up the tree due to no one at the store having a clue why it would not take more cards. [;)] Lesson learned.
PS - Walmart can only take up to 10 gift cards on a purchase.(no matter what the dollar amount on them) Found that out last year on a big screen TV purchase I was saving them for, had to go all the way up the tree due to no one at the store having a clue why it would not take more cards. [;)] Lesson learned.
I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep.
… Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Perigord
… Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Perigord
- Fallschirmjager
- Posts: 3555
- Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:46 am
- Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
RE: Matrix, I try to love you. But you make it hard.
Steam and Amazon can use multiple cards. You enter the card amount and it goes into a sum total instead of removing that amount from the purchase price.
Usually if I get multiple cards I use them to purchase Amazon gift certificate and then add them all together and buy something completely frivolous.
Usually if I get multiple cards I use them to purchase Amazon gift certificate and then add them all together and buy something completely frivolous.






