road to Smolensk

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Post Reply
pbhawkin1
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Mudgee, Australia

road to Smolensk

Post by pbhawkin1 »

Hi,
New player here and have only played the Road to Minsk and now the Road to Smolensk(RtS).
I must say that this game brings back great memories of playing the counter game Europa (I remember the whole
of the East front layed out on a large table in a spare room for just over a year!!).

Anyway, the game finished with a minor Soviet victory 783 v 1500ish. I had surrounded Smolensk and had started attacking it from turn 8.
Is this a reasonable outcome? I felt a little unlucky on turn 9 not to have taken it. Have people got Moscow or other VP cities?

regards
Peter
Attachments
RTST11endscreen.zip
(2.26 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
Regards
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Peltonx
Posts: 5814
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:24 am
Contact:

RE: road to Smolensk

Post by Peltonx »

PM

MT he is looking to help guys for down under.

I can't open you file.

You can email me info - pdf - if you like and I will try and help
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
User avatar
Michael T
Posts: 4445
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:35 pm
Location: Queensland, Australia.

RE: road to Smolensk

Post by Michael T »

Aussies have to stick together.
MButtsworth
Posts: 496
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:26 am

RE: road to Smolensk

Post by MButtsworth »

I agree. I am from Perth Western Australia and love the game
pbhawkin1
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Mudgee, Australia

RE: road to Smolensk

Post by pbhawkin1 »

Hi guys,
Thanks for the offers.
I used a program called '7zip', maybe I will have to try the proper 'winzip' program.
Regards
ImageImageImageImage
pbhawkin1
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Mudgee, Australia

RE: road to Smolensk

Post by pbhawkin1 »

try this as a zip file.
the password is : "password" (couldn't find where to turn off the password setting.
Attachments
rtst11.zip
(2.26 MiB) Downloaded 32 times
Regards
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Icier
Posts: 564
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:23 pm
Location: a sunny beach nsw

RE: road to Smolensk

Post by Icier »

Glad to have you with us....Aussie, Aussie, Aussie
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
User avatar
Icier
Posts: 564
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:23 pm
Location: a sunny beach nsw

RE: road to Smolensk

Post by Icier »

Sorry mate...didnt work
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
pbhawkin1
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Mudgee, Australia

RE: road to Smolensk

Post by pbhawkin1 »

it should be a .sav file and so I guess you have to put it in your DAT/save folder and open it as a load game.
Regards
ImageImageImageImage
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”