approaching Winter of 1941

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Post Reply
pbhawkin1
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Mudgee, Australia

approaching Winter of 1941

Post by pbhawkin1 »

Hi all,
So in my first ever game playing the 41 campaign it is 25 Sep 1941 and my Axis forces are just past Rzhev
near Moscow, they are at the gates of Kharkov and 10 hexes or so away from Stalino in the South, But faced
with a solid barrier of units around Leningrad up to 4-5 hexes deep.
Soviets have lost 2 million men and Germany about 200 thousand.
I am playing the AI.
After having read a lot of comments and threads I believe (please correct me if I am wrong) that I should aim
to be 5-6 hexes past where I want to be in Feb 1942 to allow for Soviet Winter offensive?
I should also try to pull armour into urban areas.
I have reduced the SU's (AA, AT, MG, ART, RKT etc) TOE down to 75% but will make it 50% before Winter.
I won't build fortifications.
Do I try to hold a solid line or have large 'Hedgehogs' as my defensive plan?

any suggestions much appreciated.

Regards
ImageImageImageImage
Farfarer61
Posts: 713
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:29 pm

RE: approaching Winter of 1941

Post by Farfarer61 »

Well, play as if you were against a human. Try and take Moscow but be prepared to abandon it without regrets.
1941 is all about capturing surrendering Sov forces, destroying ARM etc.
Post Reply

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”