rbrunsman (GE) v RobW (Russia) WC '03

After action reports/During Action Reports on your SP:WaW battels!

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

User avatar
rbrunsman
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

rbrunsman (GE) v RobW (Russia) WC '03

Post by rbrunsman »

We have a 5000 point match on a large map with vis of 41!:eek:

It is open eastern european country with the standard hills running up and down the middle of the map and sparse woods throughout.

For some reason I don't feel good about my purchases.

You take it from here RobW.
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
User avatar
VikingNo2
Posts: 2872
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2002 10:00 am
Location: NC
Contact:

Post by VikingNo2 »

Tell me about the cool flag thing please:D
User avatar
rbrunsman
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Post by rbrunsman »

That's the banner of the German OKW. Cool, huh? I guess I don't have a problem with humility.:D
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
RobW
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2002 3:13 pm
Location: Newcastle - UK

Post by RobW »

Purchasing and deployment made. Lets see what turn 1 of round 1 has in store!!!

RB - as I said yesterday I am unlikely to make my next turn until middle of next week.....
Attachments
wc03-rbrunsman-8.zip
(183.07 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
RobW
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2002 3:13 pm
Location: Newcastle - UK

Post by RobW »

Bob, have you been able to make you first move or have you wiped me out in 1 go?????
User avatar
rbrunsman
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Post by rbrunsman »

I didn't kill "all" of your men, but I did get lucky with my initial arty barrage and took out a flame tank.:D

Here you go:

I just got to it last night since you said you'd be out for a while.
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
RobW
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2002 3:13 pm
Location: Newcastle - UK

Post by RobW »

First move made. Interpid motorcycle troops in all areas search out the enemy. Have identified a number of well sited units. No major contact.
Attachments
wc03-rbrunsman-8.zip
(307.38 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
User avatar
CPT Shoe
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Fayetteville, NC, USA

Post by CPT Shoe »

Go rbrunsman! Kick some commie butt!:D

Hope you have better luck than I did (I should have known better than to take on the Finn in 1941 and the December snow to boot!!), as I am burried up to my armpits in a bloody battle not going in my favor...

Go Kats!!!:cool:
People like me should scare the hell out of you. Why? Because I can get inside your head. And once there, I run around like a squirrel through a habiTrail, flipping the switches that can make you do everything from craving a Pepsi to voting Republican.
User avatar
rbrunsman
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Post by rbrunsman »

Thank you Shoe!

Well, alot of shooting and not alot of damage done at the ranges I was letting loose. I managed to kill one Motorcycle soldier, one Emka car, and lucky for me, I immobilized a T-34m41 with a 150mm round that didn't even hit the tank.:D

Rob has ALOT of units swarming all over the place. I counted 12 Motorcycle squads and 8 BA-10 ACs.:eek:
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
User avatar
rbrunsman
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Post by rbrunsman »

Whoops, here's the file.
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
RobW
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2002 3:13 pm
Location: Newcastle - UK

Post by RobW »

Finally my troops identify some enemy positions. There are units dotted all ver the plave making it hard to anticipate where he intends to probe. I know hold the majority of VHs and am pushing on to defensive positions. Total losses this time - 1 Kubelwaggon....
Attachments
8-wc03-rbrunsman.zip
(384.72 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
User avatar
rbrunsman
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Post by rbrunsman »

YOU B@STARD!!! You shot a defenseless Kugelwagen!!! You shall pay dearly for that, my vodka swilling friend!:mad: :mad:
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
User avatar
rbrunsman
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Post by rbrunsman »

Well, I took my revenge on a bunch of over aggressive Motorcycle squads and BA-10s (3 of each). I was doing a great job until I traded one too many shots with a BA-10 that hadn't had his ration of vodka for the day and he put a hole right through one of my Armored Scouts.:(

I also bounced a 150mm shell off of a T-34 and got the "cachunk" sound, so I hope I knocked out his main gun or the optics.:cool:

More Russian smoke lands as the turn ends.
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
RobW
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2002 3:13 pm
Location: Newcastle - UK

Post by RobW »

The vodka fueled motorcycle troops once again push forward to identify enemy positions. A column of halftracks and armoured cars is spotted in the south by some brave peasants who rise up against the foe. More kugelwagons are destroyed and 1 motorcycle unit is attached by pitchfork wielding farmers and driven off.
Attachments
8-wc03-rbrunsman.zip
(376.97 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
User avatar
rbrunsman
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Post by rbrunsman »

This has to be quick, so I'll just say I killed a bunch of BA-10s. There are ALOT of KV-1s that I will have to deal with at some point and I'm not sure how to do that.
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
RobW
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2002 3:13 pm
Location: Newcastle - UK

Post by RobW »

The loss of BA10s continues to damage the Russian offensive. A brave bike tries to take on one of the SDKF222's in the north but is force to retreat. IN the south an OT-24 forces a German recon unit to wihdraw. In the center on of my few remaining motorcycle units destroys a gun team. Hopefully there was a gun attached to it too.
Attachments
8-wc03-rbrunsman.zip
(361.65 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
User avatar
rbrunsman
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Post by rbrunsman »

I got 4 more BA-10s and 2 Motorcycle squads. Unfortunately, I was very careless and let an AC get taken out by an already spotted 76mm AT Gun.:mad: I lost another when that same suppressed AT Gun woke up and popped another while I was moving to lay down some fire on it.

I did have a very brave kugelwagon that took a direct hit from a flametank and shrug it off like it was nothing; only to be thrown once more into the breach to be taken out by a lowly Motorized Infantry squad. I'll send a medal to the driver's family, I guess.

The afore mentioned flametank also shrugged off several hits that should have killed it. So it is still there to be dealt with.

The big Russian tanks are sitting on overwatch, but the range of their main guns are so pitifully low, that they can do nothing to support their comrades further ahead in the advance.
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
RobW
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2002 3:13 pm
Location: Newcastle - UK

Post by RobW »

In the south my flametank toasts the crew of an AC and attempts to send its brother to the same fate. Some long range fire illicits no enemy damages. 2 intrepid tankers go in search of trouble, one dislodges an infantry company from the reverse of a hiull while the other survies an assault by some concealed infantry. In the north nothing happens as my aborted BA-10 incursion finaly dies.
Attachments
8-wc03-rbrunsman.zip
(384.79 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
User avatar
rbrunsman
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Post by rbrunsman »

A couple more BA-10s killed with several more to go that I can see and one Motorcycle squad eliminated with possibly only 2 more squads left.

I also finally drew some real blood with a close assault; taking out that T-34 that got too nosy. I also nailed a KV-1 from long range with an 88mm gun.

There are KVs of various sorts all along the line of advance that Rob has established. How to deal with those will be the challenge.

My arty is being very quiet lately as those gentlemen have decided they won't answer my calls for support.:mad:
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
RobW
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2002 3:13 pm
Location: Newcastle - UK

Post by RobW »

Quiet turn really. Managed to destroy 1 motorcyle squad in the north and dislodge one from the south - in response I lost 1 of my motorcyle unit and a partisan force was forced to retreat. Apart from that and a stupid t-34 driver parking his tank on a rock not a lot happened.
Attachments
8-wc03-rbrunsman.zip
(386.85 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Post Reply

Return to “SPWaW AAR/DAR”