Ship control

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid

Post Reply
McGib
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Ontario Canada

Ship control

Post by McGib »

I just got the game and I admit I have alot to learn but one thing is confusing me.
I started playing the Coral Sea scenario after trying the tutorial several times, and something odd keeps happening. It seems at the start of each turn some of my ships and submarines want to return Nomea(sp?) No matter what movement I choose for my tf's next turn there target hex is Nomea. And yes I've set all my ships and subs to human control. Anyone have any ideas?
Ready Aye Ready
User avatar
Chijohnaok2
Posts: 555
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2002 2:32 am
Location: Florida, USA (formerly Chicago)

Post by Chijohnaok2 »

If you wish your surface fleet or submarines to remain on station select "Do not retire" on the "Patrol/Do not retire" selector. Your ships will then remain on station in the hex you designated as the TF Destination hex.

Be careful though not to forget your fleet/ship in that hex though, otherwise it will not head back towards the Home Base when it starts running low on fuel. Your ships may run out of fuel and have to crawl back to base at a 1 hex per turn rate (unless you send a replenishment ship to refuel them).

John
Image

Feel free to drop by and chat about whatever is on your mind.
McGib
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Ontario Canada

Post by McGib »

Thanks for the quick reply chijohnaok
Ready Aye Ready
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

Post by Mr.Frag »

Read the table in the manual for Naval missions, it is quite good at seeing the impacts of the various settings based on mission types. Section 8.5 ... if you read nothing else, at least look these over as they are absolutely key to understand. :D
Post Reply

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”