Battle.com/Roger Wilco

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
User avatar
Drex
Posts: 2512
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Chico,california

Battle.com/Roger Wilco

Post by Drex »

Has anyone used Roger Wilco or Battlecom?is it worthwhile. does it add a new dimension to SPWAW? Does it require state-of-the-art equipment,high RAM etc?
Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"
Don
Posts: 662
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Elk Grove, CA (near Sacramento)

Post by Don »

Try this (I searched for "Battlecom")
http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001994.html

Don


[This message has been edited by Don (edited November 05, 2000).]
Don "Sapper" Llewellyn
Drake
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Kingston, Canada

Post by Drake »

Originally posted by Drex:
Has anyone used Roger Wilco or Battlecom?is it worthwhile. does it add a new dimension to SPWAW? Does it require state-of-the-art equipment,high RAM etc?
Battlecom has more features but it requires more CPU usage. If you got a high end system with a cable modem or better, you should use it.

Roger Wilco is more low end. Dont use as much of the CPU and good if you have a phone line cannection it uses less of your connection.

I use Rager wilco myself. Makes for more fun becouse you can chat when your playing and not have to type. Good for talking tactics and very good if you in a 4 ways were you have a partner.




[This message has been edited by Drake (edited November 05, 2000).]
Kharan
Posts: 462
Joined: Tue May 09, 2000 8:00 am

Post by Kharan »

You can also send private messages in SPWAW to specific players by typing playername: blah blah in the chat box. You can talk to your team only by typing "team:" in front of the message. Drawback is that messages with smileys ( :-) )won't be received by anyone.

[This message has been edited by Kharan (edited November 05, 2000).]
Hauptmann6
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu May 11, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Portage, MI
Contact:

Post by Hauptmann6 »

I use Roger Wilco for CFS. It runs pretty well on low end systems(P200) and pretty good quality. The new version allows different channels. So you can have a team channel and an overall channel and can switch by hitting a key without leaving your game. I haven't tried it yet though.

Hauptmann
www.cfsipgames.com
User avatar
Drex
Posts: 2512
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Chico,california

Post by Drex »

Thanks guys. I knew I could count on you for some feedback. I think consensus slightly tilts in favor of Roger Wilco so I will give that a try. Of course the other guy has to have it too. I wonder how many SPWAW'ers out there use it?
Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"
CommieKiller
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2000 8:00 am
Contact:

Post by CommieKiller »

RW works really well. I use it alot playing Delta force2 during practice and matches.
All's a rush till the rounds start flying-and your friends start dying.
Fredde
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Goteborg, Sweden

Post by Fredde »

Don't forget the third option.. teamsound ;-)
that's also a great communication program.
"If infantry is the Queen of the battlefield, artillery is her backbone", Jukka L. Mäkelä about the Finnish victory at Ihantala.
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”