This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!
I was involved in military reenactment from 1964 through 1983, when I was living in South Florida.
First Civil war in the mid 1960's, then Revolutionary war in the mid 1970's, and finally WWII from 1978 to 1983.
Was a member of a Pennsylvania Union Brigade in the mid 60's, the Scottish Royal Marines in the mid 70's, and the 17TH SS Panzer Grenadiers (make up unit of the First SS Panzer Division) from 78 to 83.
My group made the July 4th 1976 parade in Washington DC, and my WWII unit participated in many battle reenactments during my active period of WWII reenactment.
It was very interesting, and did enjoy all of it.
I don’t reenact but I like to go to them when I can.
My wife and I were at a revolutionary one at Brattonsville (Huck’s Defeat) this past July.
In fact, on our first date, I took my wife to one at Manassas in the late 80’s.
I think its best to let your girlfriend know right up front what kind of History Buff you are.
If she sticks and likes it; then you may have a woman worth keeping.
I like the black powder reenactments. WW2 is expensive for most hobbyists.
I have met some very fine people there.
"A man's got to know his limitations" -Dirty Harry
They are not around here but if I went, I would have a cooler and/or a keg on ice, a nice lounge chair with an umbrella, and sit there with a cigar in my mouth . . .
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!
“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).” ; Julia Child
Wife’s pommy relatives go to one set around the English civil war. We went to one with them to see what it was all about. Lots of colour and chaos.
There was also a substantial beer tent with a view of the battlefield. It was a lot like going to watch a game of local rugby, but with cannons.
There are several happening around here each year - probably the most famous and biggest in nearby Slavkov u Brna (Battle of Austrelitz, 1805), then some historical groups doing the usual castle garrison/medieval market/joust thing. Then there is the Siege of Bratislava, 1809 (also Napoleonics), and some reenactments of 1945 liberations. There is also a nice (fight-less) tradition of "Coronation" - being a coronation town of the Hungarian kingdom for several hundred years, were are "re-crowning" some king/queen each year... [:D]