Greyhound

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Post Reply
Red2112
Posts: 1355
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:02 pm

Greyhound

Post by Red2112 »

No it´s not the bus company [:D]

New WWII naval movie with Tom Hanks...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7IZDI73GnE

Looks promising, and maybe I´ll get to go to the movies and enjoy a movie again.

Red
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: Greyhound

Post by RangerJoe »

Another thread is here:

OT: Greyhound movie

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.a ... 2&#4772698

It does look like a good movie.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
Red2112
Posts: 1355
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:02 pm

RE: Greyhound

Post by Red2112 »

Oh, missed that, sorry and thanks Joe.
User avatar
RFalvo69
Posts: 1528
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:47 pm
Location: Lamezia Terme (Italy)

RE: Greyhound

Post by RFalvo69 »

It reminds me of The Cruel Sea by Nicholas Monsarrat

Image

And of Silent Hunter III with the GWX 3.0 mod [:D]
"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: Greyhound

Post by RangerJoe »

ORIGINAL: Red2112

Oh, missed that, sorry and thanks Joe.

You are welcome and it is easy to miss if you are not looking at each game site.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
MrsWargamer
Posts: 1653
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:04 pm

RE: Greyhound

Post by MrsWargamer »

That looks VERY good. I like naval films.
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
HighwayStar
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:14 pm

RE: Greyhound

Post by HighwayStar »

I seem to recall, from a couple of years ago, that Tom Hanks was going to do a movie about a DD in the Pacific theater. Something about fighting off kamikaze attacks (USS Laffey? (DD724, not DD459)).
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”